Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Least Fun I Have Had In My 1000+ Hours

Wynn

Try pvp just to see how it was always thought pvp shouldn't be in Warframe but I figure I should try it. I spent the whole time getting one shotted or on my back. 

Level a few times in matches and my weapons did pretty much no damage with everyone else using the "Dot" weapons. I try to use other weapons to see how well they keep up the the FotM weapons. If DE going for a shooter MOBA I've never had play one which has been this much of a train wreck and just not fun. 

Take Monday Night Combat we know Shooter MOBOs can work but when you try jamming a PVE game were the players are weapons of mass destruction that can take whole rooms of npcs out in a blink of the eye it's a mess. There a reason shooters limit the amount of weapons and powers people can use in online shooters for balance. Tonight there was zero sense of balance at all. 

Hell why not have us only use like 3 weapons few frames and  slowly add to the mode and not try jam all of pve warframes into a pvp mode that can't clearly hold all the weapon/power combos.

Hell Dark Sectors were the 2 teams can only target the other teams npcs I would have had way more fun then the mode now.

I love DE and Warframe my fav game but god pvp Dark Sector left a bad taste in my mouth and don't get how it can even be part of the game I love.

Just thie cheesecake loving Tenno's $.02

Remember when DE was all "We totes won't pointlessly cram PvP into stuff at the expense of PvE"

Yeah that's my fear too we going to get more and more added remember when the dojo duel was just going to be for fun :(

Drive me crazy why didn't they just have us start  only allowing starter frames with preload outs and baby set it out from there.

Pretty sure if DE said

"We going to start out small and work from there"

We won't of went

"HELL NO we want all gear and frames in the pvp mode balance be damned!!!"

Drive me crazy why didn't they just have us start  only allowing starter frames with preload outs and baby set it out from there.

Pretty sure if DE said

"We going to start out small and work from there"

We won't of went

"HELL NO we want all gear and frames in the pvp mode balance be damned!!!"

i reckon people wouldn't have liked being restricted to frames they may not enjoy, and using weapons they might not like

DE are currently trying to balance PvP separately from PvE. evidence is the recent changes in hotfix 14.0.11.

currently, the changes made to PvP have no effect on the gameplay mechanics of PvE.

Sigh, again with the complaining of getting "one shotted" try playing Counter Strike then talk about getting one shotted. There's also another PvP TPS called Loadout, you get killed pretty fast too. It's a third person shooter objective based PvP, of course expect to get killed pretty quickly if you bring a squishy frame or you stand still too much.

I don't have any problems with PvP because I know how it works, I've played a lot of conclave and played a decent amount in Dark Sector PvP. If you're the defender and you get killed, it's fine. There's no restrictions for the defender but if you're the attacker, you should avoid the defenders at all cost and just focus on the objective. Pretty simple. Have your team cover you while you hack the consoles, have your team distract the enemy while you destroy the 3 cores. Is it that hard? Besides, you don't lose anything and you're just trying to gain the battle pay which is fair.

I've seen a lot of idiots on defending and attacking team trying to kill each other like they think it's a team death match or some sort and worse of all, they never try to revive your team mates. The new PvP game mode isn't hard to learn if you actually you know, take your experience into account and actually study the average attack patterns.

Just be on the move and use a very efficient coptering melee weapon, they can't hit you if you're moving at the speed of 90 MPH. Revive your team mates if you think they are in good cover. Done and simple.

I ran a few of the new dark sectors and I understand where you're coming from in the sense that we're used to being PvE gods.  We do indeed get to stand in the middle of a room and annihilate our enemy.  Then going to a dark sector conflict, it felt pretty much just like being in a multiplayer shooter, rofl stomps included.  In fact, what I was disappointed in was that what I look for in a dark sector is for the best frame and weapon at base level with no mods because the most I ever managed to get to show up on my rifle was my fully ranked serration and the most I ever got on my 'frame was the first ability.

Personally, I'd like either a longer game mode, so that I can enjoy playing the god mode full build I set my stuff up for, or the option between playing pvp or pve in conflicts.  Heck, why not both?  That gives players like me who really aren't that interested in pvp in this game (though I readily admit the experience was fun and new) a chance to do what they want.  I'm sure that a balance could be found between the rate of completion that people running the pve missions generally achieve versus how long the pvp matches generally run can be found.

You know what would be really interesting?  What if there was a third option that gave huge rail protection/damage bonuses the longer you could manage on a new survival or endless defense mission?  That way the crazy veterans who keep putting up these records of multiple hours in survivals and hundreds of waves on might help out because their efforts would be helping their alliance or whoever they supported.

That being said I'd like to mention how much I enjoyed getting beaten like a red-headed stepchild in the new dark sector conflicts.  It had different stages to the fight, it required me to engage a different play style using familiar weapons and mechanics (sadly, the weapons didn't get to use the mods I've invested so much time in, nor the warframe loadout I brought use any ability beyond what I'd put in the first), and ultimately it required to be objective focused and think about the best methods of achieving that.

Additionally, I noticed that certain weapons get a specific nerf for dark sector conflicts which probably solves the OP's problem.  If not, there's always the slow way to farm aka nekros and whatever planet or the void for credits.

Finally, screw ICE for taxing Pluto, what a bunch of jerks.

TL;DR Enjoyed getting my butt kicked, wish they're were more modes to conflicts, wish my weapons and frame in current conflicts could use all the mods I put on 'em.

Edited by Lorthos_Mornin

Sigh, again with the complaining of getting "one shotted" try playing Counter Strike then talk about getting one shotted. There's also another PvP TPS called Loadout, you get killed pretty fast too. It's a third person shooter objective based PvP, of course expect to get killed pretty quickly if you bring a squishy frame or you stand still too much.

I don't have any problems with PvP because I know how it works, I've played a lot of conclave and played a decent amount in Dark Sector PvP. If you're the defender and you get killed, it's fine. There's no restrictions for the defender but if you're the attacker, you should avoid the defenders at all cost and just focus on the objective. Pretty simple. Have your team cover you while you hack the consoles, have your team distract the enemy while you destroy the 3 cores. Is it that hard? Besides, you don't lose anything and you're just trying to gain the battle pay which is fair.

I've seen a lot of idiots on defending and attacking team trying to kill each other like they think it's a team death match or some sort and worse of all, they never try to revive your team mates. The new PvP game mode isn't hard to learn if you actually you know, take your experience into account and actually study the average attack patterns.

Just be on the move and use a very efficient coptering melee weapon, they can't hit you if you're moving at the speed of 90 MPH. Revive your team mates if you think they are in good cover. Done and simple.

Loadout is a team base pvp game not a pve game trying to shoehorn items, powers into a pvp mode that clearly can not hold them all. 

Maybe one shot wasn't the right term but if we count the bleed/poison dot ticking down it would be a one shot thats after todays hotfixs.

I think one point in this discussion is, that a lot of people who started playing this game, startetd it because you could achiev everything with PvE. 

I personally don't like playing PvP matches. I didn't had a Problem with the conclave because it didn't effected my game. I could just "not play it". But with the Dark Sector Conflicts getting a PvP-Match it affects my style of playing. I was so happy that (even if only mobile defense was a little bit boring) you could end the conflict by doing what you train for in all missions. You work on your loadout for weeks, farm mods, lvl warframes and weapons to be perfectly equiped for PvE matches.

I know I'm not the only one who likes warframe as a PvE-based game and started it playing because it is/was a PvE-based game. And I'm a little bit afraid that it gets forgotten in all the "We have to balance the PvP game mode".

Edited by Einde
Made convenient.

That argument would work a lot better if Dark Sectors were like the Conclaves (totally seperate nodes with no effect on PvE game); instead, Dark Sector PvP has a direct effect on PvE grinding (CASE AND POINT: Pluto credit farm with 0% tax ruined by Ice; turned into large tax on farm).

Because the former clan wouldnt have lost it sooner or later to a tax crazy clan?

Put credit where credit is due

PvP didnt do a thing

Until Dark Sectors get balanced, here's how to win: Bring a full squad of Ashes with Smoke Screen and especially Blade Storm and Mirages with Hall of Mirrors with Dual Ichors and Pentas. You have now won the game that requires no skill. If you don't use this dishonorable tactic, you will lose in less than a minute to someone who does use it. Aren't you glad that DE decided to experiment with (bad) balancing in farming missions? :D

Edited by Oaktree27

Went into Dark Sector PVP for the first time since the day it was opened (seemed worth checking out with all the fixes/changes).  However, I also went in with a team of other experienced Conclave players.  We all 4 brought loadouts from the depths of hell, and we were communicating through voice.  It was a pretty easy win, but I can't imagine how poorly it would have gone if we didn't revive eachother, coordinate, or if we weren't informed on the basic mod meta for DSPVP (which differs greatly from Conclave, surprisingly)

Here goes the usual griping of any game. "wahhhhh I don't like change" Man learn how to play it and 'get good' or get out. It's that simple. I'd have compassion for you if your complaints didn't revolve around "I don't like it because it's not what I'm used to!" That's not how progress is made, and if you won't be part of progression you're part of regression.

I get it, some people aren't into pvp, however it's a necessary evil to add spice and hard competition to a game to push it further. The largest names in the industry either have big involvement with pvp, or revolves around it.  

Until Dark Sectors get balanced, here's how to win: Bring a full squad of Ashes with Smoke Screen and especially Blade Storm and Mirages with Hall of Mirrors with Dual Ichors and Pentas. You have now won the game that requires no skill. If you don't use this dishonorable tactic, you will lose in less than a minute to someone who does use it. Aren't you glad that DE decided to experiment with (bad) balancing in farming missions? :D

Valkyr is quite good at gaining levels

A skilled valkyr can keep up with even ash outside of that beginning bladestorm spam

Ive had penta users run for miles while i chase them then give up and try to melee <3

Try pvp just to see how it was always thought pvp shouldn't be in Warframe but I figure I should try it. I spent the whole time getting one shotted or on my back. 

Level a few times in matches and my weapons did pretty much no damage with everyone else using the "Dot" weapons. I try to use other weapons to see how well they keep up the the FotM weapons. If DE going for a shooter MOBA I've never had play one which has been this much of a train wreck and just not fun. 

Take Monday Night Combat we know Shooter MOBOs can work but when you try jamming a PVE game were the players are weapons of mass destruction that can take whole rooms of npcs out in a blink of the eye it's a mess. There a reason shooters limit the amount of weapons and powers people can use in online shooters for balance. Tonight there was zero sense of balance at all. 

Hell why not have us only use like 3 weapons few frames and  slowly add to the mode and not try jam all of pve warframes into a pvp mode that can't clearly hold all the weapon/power combos.

Hell Dark Sectors were the 2 teams can only target the other teams npcs I would have had way more fun then the mode now.

I love DE and Warframe my fav game but god pvp Dark Sector left a bad taste in my mouth and don't get how it can even be part of the game I love.

Just thie cheesecake loving Tenno's $.02

try to PVP or "I tried to pvp"

anyways an inexperienced player such as yourself can't be the voice of reason for pvp sorry. that's the truth. so go spend 30,000 kills and deaths like i have on my profile then come talk.  hell i'll listen to someone with just 10,000 kills + deaths combined.

"no damage with everyone else using the "dor" weapons" LOL yeah that shows me you have no experience what so ever. DOT weapons do NOT rule PVP in this game. at ALL.

"Take Monday Night Combat we know Shooter MOBOs can work but when you try jamming a PVE game were the players are weapons of mass destruction that can take whole rooms of npcs out in a blink of the eye it's a mess."

yes PVE does hurt PVP such as bladestorm or hysteria ( which they nerfed in pvp ) or Prisim etc etc. I think all warframe spells should be removed from PVP. thats just me though.

"I love DE and Warframe my fav game but god pvp Dark Sector left a bad taste in my mouth and don't get how it can even be part of the game I love."

says the person with very little PVP experience. I go in there all the time just to wreck faces of players like you. i have a blast!!!! then again. all i mainly do is PVP.

Rompido, you make (and usually do make) excellent points and they are definitely valid, considering your experience and talent. However...

anyways an inexperienced player such as yourself can't be the voice of reason for pvp sorry. that's the truth. so go spend 30,000 kills and deaths like i have on my profile then come talk.  hell i'll listen to someone with just 10,000 kills + deaths combined.

Somehow, I foresaw attitudes like this going full throttle once PvP expanded beyond the Conclaves. Now that more people have a voice in the PvP section, some veterans are so quick to point out their superiority and experience levels, and in the same breath call themselves the sole authority, that it's just plain disgraceful.

To the OP: again, Rompido's point remains valid. Many of the things you complain about are very counter-able. There are many, many ways to circumvent defeat in PvP... the first ting that comes to mind is just don't stop moving. Keep running, keep fighting. Also, you should experiment with some weapons in Conclave - anything in Conclave that has some good KP will be halfway decent in DS PvP, especially when you have your mods set up correctly.

Rompido, you make (and usually do make) excellent points and they are definitely valid, considering your experience and talent. However...

Somehow, I foresaw attitudes like this going full throttle once PvP expanded beyond the Conclaves. Now that more people have a voice in the PvP section, some veterans are so quick to point out their superiority and experience levels, and in the same breath call themselves the sole authority, that it's just plain disgraceful.

To the OP: again, Rompido's point remains valid. Many of the things you complain about are very counter-able. There are many, many ways to circumvent defeat in PvP... the first ting that comes to mind is just don't stop moving. Keep running, keep fighting. Also, you should experiment with some weapons in Conclave - anything in Conclave that has some good KP will be halfway decent in DS PvP, especially when you have your mods set up correctly.

I have every frame all but 5 weapons that are not level 30, I get that I was going in with pve build and could have pick the fotm gear. Heres the problem replace me with a new player that say has 1 or 2 frames maybe 3 weapons. They are going to get kicked in the teeth and wreck over and over.

I know the pvper were going to tell me learn to play, and for me I could with all my gear if I wanted to. But my points still kinda stand there zero balance, there no match making so you're going to get a small population of players just wrecking everything. It is also affecting pve with mods tie to spectors and alliances(V) jacking up taxes on the grinding spots. 

Edited by Wynn

I have every frame all but 5 weapons that are not level 30, I get that I was going in with pve build and could have pick the fotm gear. Heres the problem replace me with a new player that say has 1 or 2 frames maybe 3 weapons. They are going to get kicked in the teeth and wreck over and over.

I know the pvper were going to tell me learn to play, and for me I could with all my gear if I wanted to. But my points still kinda stand there zero balance, there no match making so you're going to get a small population of players just wrecking everything. It is also affecting pve with mods tie to spectors and alliances(V) jacking up taxes on the grinding spots. 

I actually wanted to make a few comments on this second paragraph.

"I know the pvper were going to tell me learn to play"

-If someone says that to you, then that person's character and lack of tact in addressing other player's lack of skill needs work.

PVP takes time to get used to and if there is a PVP (veteran conclave) player in Dark Sector, I'd hope they would be humble in victory and gracious in defeat... 

But I digress.

There is a tiny bit of balancing they put in place, but nothing worth noting.  PVP is still broken and I agree to your statement "zero balance".

All in all, it's obvious that *something* needs to be done.  Hopefully, in time, DE will work towards balance and fixing the many design flaws in their system.

Edited by Auramau

I would like to apologize to you and anyone who took my message as elitist. the word elitist makes my skin crawl. I am truly sorry allow me to explain my tone ?

a lot of my close group of pvp friends and I have been chatting a long time about the state of pvp in this game. I will not get into the details. I just want to point out there are tons of posts of players with little experience coming to the forums complaining about something in pvp. slowly i've been watching DE take heed of what these players are complaining about. thus making changes in the game to favor the mass of players that are complaining.

mean while my friends and I sit back and watch all the changes taking place. ignoring things we have been pointing out for a long time. ( example being reflection QT and Rage combos explosive weapons ) and other things.

we have come to the conclusion as long as the massive mob of players continue to voice their thoughts. DE will continue to try and make them happy even if those that I feel a bit more qualified to make valid points for or against things are unheard. because we are the few. my tone was more of disgust of this situation.

here are 2 great posts made with very valid points.  one of them... was apparently nerfed I wouldn't know i hardly do conclaves just mainly DS PVP now.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/274446-conclave-to-the-advocates-of-the-one-shot-nerf/

another one with tons of great points, but still waiting to see any changes.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/243533-things-that-needs-to-be-balanced-on-pvp-updated-u14/

and that is an old one. recently updated. still QT / R / reflex guard remain over the top OP. and with the nerf to damage on shields and health. it just makes these 3 mods even more ridiculous.

back to my earlier post. I am truly sorry I will try to watch how I type things and not to sound like such a jerk. because I did sound like a jerk.