The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No More "ninjas Play Free"?

Somedude1000

At the end of the day though, ninjas are technically simply samurai that don't follow the bushido code, it's easy to see and misjudge frames like ash as ninja while considering a frame like rhino a samurai because of the heavy armor. Wallrunning alone doesn't make anything 'ninja' though, because if I'm not mistaken somewhere in the earliest parts of closed beta testing we didn't have it yet.

Perhaps if they wanted to go with ninja, it would have been better to establish more lore behind the Tenno way of life before doing it

We're not remotely sneaky, and the majority of our weapons are western-themed. We're not really ninja(s).

Real life ninjas just use everything to their advantage. This includes even grenades if needed. All they need to do is get the job done and survive (by getting the hell out), as well as hiding their identities. That is about it.  

Social media ninjas are all about sneaking and stealth. 

So, we may not fit with the social media ninjas, but we would still fit (somewhat) with real life ninjas. 

Real life ninjas just use everything to their advantage. This includes even grenades if needed. All they need to do is get the job done and survive (by getting the hell out), as well as hiding their identities. That is about it.  

Social media ninjas are all about sneaking and stealth. 

So, we may not fit with the social media ninjas, but we would still fit (somewhat) with real life ninjas. 

Many other historical combatants fit that as well, and given our wide range of weaponry we could be any. We're more a sort of general space warrior/mercenary

Many other historical combatants fit that as well, and given our wide range of weaponry we could be any. We're more a sort of general space warrior/mercenary

We still have stealth (somewhat). 

And not so much on warriors anymore. Warriors tend to have a code of honour (or chivalry, or something of the sort), which seems to be almost non-existent within us, if the playerbase is of any indication (especially with Dark Sector PvP). More like just fighters. But definitely mercenaries. 

Edited by Renegade343

And not so much on warriors anymore. Warriors tend to have a code of honour (or chivalry, or something of the sort), which seems to be almost non-existent, if the playerbase is of any indication (especially with Dark Sector PvP). More like just fighters. But definitely mercenaries. 

"Fragments of history suggest that discipline and chivalry are the cornerstone values of the Tenno: is this true today? The Tenno are emerging into a world unfamiliar to them. One sees a noble warrior, building his strength against an oppressive regime. Another sees an opportunistic mercenary, exploiting the Warframe's superiority for wealth. Regardless of their future, the Tenno stand united against a common foe, loyal only to each other." 

That's our official description. We're a lot of things.

"Fragments of history suggest that discipline and chivalry are the cornerstone values of the Tenno: is this true today? The Tenno are emerging into a world unfamiliar to them. One sees a noble warrior, building his strength against an oppressive regime. Another sees an opportunistic mercenary, exploiting the Warframe's superiority for wealth. Regardless of their future, the Tenno stand united against a common foe, loyal only to each other." 

True, but we players also shape the game (even if it may not be obvious). 

And I think the latter view is becoming more dominant amongst us (I mean, have you seen what we can do for an Orokin Catalyst/Orokin Reactor/Tranquil Cleave/all those very, very rare things?). 

in my view, "Suit to kill" fits better than "ninjas play free"

the new slogan represents the grind, action, death and destruction. and it also explains what a Warframe is. A suit to kill.

and i dont understand the point, there is still a button with "Play free now"

And not so much on warriors anymore. Warriors tend to have a code of honour (or chivalry, or something of the sort), which seems to be almost non-existent within us, if the playerbase is of any indication (especially with Dark Sector PvP). More like just fighters. But definitely mercenaries. 

We're Mandalorians.  

Both the old tagline and the new one are tacky.

If that is indeed the game's new byline; I'm not sure I like the game having a new byline.

Perhaps its bmeant to be like those catchy jingles, so people see it and go like Oooh that looks nice !

Perhaps its bmeant to be like those catchy jingles, so people see it and go like Oooh that looks nice !

To be honest, 'Ninjas play free' feels more catchy than 'Suit to kill'. 

At the very least, the former slogan rolls off the tongue a bit more nicely.