Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Would Be The Point Of Clantech If We're Just Going To Get Prime/vandal/wraith Variants Later?

PeripheralVisionary

Who said they are all going to be Wraith'd Vandal'd and Primed?

That's also the same question you can use for any market weapon. What's the point of offering the Boltor if you can get the prime version?

The min max urge is strong and I feel frankly that there should be a limit. Namely, no more clantech variant.

Edit:I then thought, "wouldn't I be gimping myself by destroying all possibilities for an upgrade in that case?"

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

- Mastery points

- Has no RNG involved

- Because they're better than most market weapons

- Because Prova is generally crap compared to other weapons, same as Tetra.

And...

- Marelok

- Castanas

- Nikana

- Ogris

- Ignis

- Grinlok

I can make a whole list but do I really need to? People do make it but I doubt anybody bothers keeping it unless it was worthwhile.

Those weapons are actually worth formaeing.

Then you got the Spectra.

If they're worth using that is. Problem with Prova and Spectra is that they need a buff. It's not decent enough. And you're saying that two weapon determines if clan tech is worth it or not? Well according to you that is. Also in terms of mastery we only have 8 Wraiths and Vandals in total which are now -poof- gone.

That's also the same question you can use for any market weapon. What's the point of offering the Boltor if you can get the prime version?

Clan weapons should be different in my opinion, as they require many more resources (and I'm including all of the dojo costs in that statement) and a forma.

There should be non-Prime, Vandal and Wraith weapons that are safe to use forma on, and I think clan tech is the correct place for this. Many clan weapons are very strong as well, so it's safe to say that a Marelok Wraith or an Amprex Vandal are unnecessary.

These are obviously normative statements, and I confess that, to begin with, I really dislike DE's habit of releasing objectively better versions of many weapons as time goes by. But fighting against that is a lost cause and I'd just like the investment into clan tech to be a safe one.

Clan weapons should be different in my opinion, as they require many more resources (and I'm including all of the dojo costs in that statement) and a forma.

There should be non-Prime, Vandal and Wraith weapons that are safe to use forma on, and I think clan tech is the correct place for this. Many clan weapons are very strong as well, so it's safe to say that a Marelok Wraith or an Amprex Vandal are unnecessary.

These are obviously normative statements, and I confess that, to begin with, I really dislike DE's habit of releasing objectively better versions of many weapons as time goes by. But fighting against that is a lost cause and I'd just like the investment into clan tech to be a safe one.

Well those weapons are limited and only available to those who did the event. And the boost aren't crazy like double fire rate, 50% faster reload speed, etc.

Boltor and Boltor Prime can give you Affinity, both of them.