Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feels Good, Man. My Experience Of The Game So Far

Mkilbride

So, I've been playing for about a week now. I had played for a few hours in the past, but could not get into it. I have a friend who is literally obsessive about the game, and I just decided to come back for U14. At first, the grind felt over-whelming. Sure, I had help, my friend had spares of almost every mod I could want. That, I am sure, is something alot of new players would love. I know some people say that takes the fun out of grinding for them, but my fun factor went up 10x after he did because you know? I didn't die from a few shots, and enemies didn't soak up bullets like sponges. 

This also hit post to soon, so more to come.

Anyways, within my week, I have mainly played Excalibur, while I focused on getting others. I have Loki now. Rhino Prime, Frost Prime, Ash, and Nekros are currently building, still working on Oberon, need one last Piece. Only found BP of Loki prime for now. I've leveled all the weapons I wanted / gotten, obtained, except Dragon NIkana and Soma, damn Mastery requirements. I feel pretty content and am surprised at how, while the start was very slow, at a certain point, yesterday or so, everything came together and now I have enough frames for weeks and weeks of fun, as well as weapons.

The grind is not that bad. Except for Nekros. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Edited by Mkilbride

Gratz!

I was in the same shoes as you and a friend redownloaded the game for me to help me out.

It made it more fun for me to try out different ranges of difficulty and being able to explore other places i wasn't able to before the help.

It really did feel good ^^

So, I've been playing for about a week now. I had played for a few hours in the past, but could not get into it. I have a friend who is literally obsessive about the game, and I just decided to come back for U14. At first, the grind felt over-whelming. Sure, I had help, my friend had spares of almost every mod I could want. That, I am sure, is something alot of new players would love. I know some people say that takes the fun out of grinding for them, but my fun factor went up 10x after he did because you know? I didn't die from a few shots, and enemies didn't soak up bullets like sponges. 

Anyways, within my week, I have mainly played Excalibur, while I focused on getting others. I have Loki now. Rhino Prime, Frost Prime, Ash, and Nekros are currently building, still working on Oberon, need one last Piece. Only found BP of Loki prime for now. I've leveled all the weapons I wanted / gotten, obtained, except Dragon NIkana and Soma, damn Mastery requirements. I feel pretty content and am surprised at how, while the start was very slow, at a certain point, yesterday or so, everything came together and now I have enough frames for weeks and weeks of fun, as well as weapons.

If you ever do get burned by the grind remember to take a break and play around with your lvl 30 weapons/warframes so you can not only have fun but also decide what you want potato'd afterwards.

Edited by genthis

Congrats.

I fear the grind will hit you like a brink onces you've been playing for a bit longer.

Lets hope thats not the case though.

I have five friends who playing Warframe after U14. Some of them have played a bit year ago or so, and they were really surprised by all these changes.
This is different game, they said. And they like it!
I'm happy.

Oh it'll hit me eventually. Doing Nekros, 8 times that boss, was tough, grinding Cells, ect, it's all very frustrating, Forma the most so.  However, playing with friends, it's fun.

And I may actually have an issue with things not to grind, as I've come close to obtaining all the gear I wanted / frames.

Gratz 

im playing for two weeks now and the only new toy i got is a cronus lol

It's good, if you know someone who already plays the game. A friend of mine started the game a few weeks ago.

I only gave him a few starter mods. But i explained most of the game to him and helped him with his journey through the solar system, helped him with farming the bosses for the blueprints and made some Void Runs together^^

If i remember back in the old days when i was farming Banshee and the helmet just didn't drop, now he just needs to buy the parts in the dojo^^

I find that the worst part is starting off. Though the new player experience can help (the new prologue gives you 'damaged' version of the few 'essential' mods), it's mostly getting out of the moment where your progress loses momentum for a bit.

Like you said, having a friend give you a few rarer mods helps. I usually do that for my own friends when they decide to try it out. But before I migrated my PC account to PS4, I noticed how it was hard to get past Earth and further if you were just plain unlucky on your drops.

Once you get past that point however, it's mostly a dash for ressources that you can get simply from playing at your own pace and in different areas. And if you fancy a new Warframe or weapon by then, it'll be a matter of gathering parts and blueprints.

You were a lot more cynical and heavier on giving critique when I met you.

I do have some early advice to give that this game has where few other co-op based games have.

If you find yourself annoyed, don't stay and chat/rant here.

The community serves to aggravate others rather than show them support when being rant-y, more often than not.

(unless you have a clan)

Edited by LadyScootaloo