Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combo Moves Discovered

Nevrmoor

Because most infos are in the Codex/ Training now, i think...

Just stick with the post, follow it if you want to. Ill keep it updated, promised!

But I already made the decision to do a complete makeover once Melee 2.0 hits the fan. 

Right now im occupied with Zephyr, boy shes fun (bit squishy though), and Drakgoon (the dmg just reached a threshhold were it just became redicolous...) I havent found nor heard of any new combinations so far, thats why i didnt add anything to the op.

Good man

Take a look:

0:59

Is it a bug? Manual super jump?

Yeah I found a new method relating to that.  I accidentally discovered this by spamming forward, sprint, crouch and jump and still have not fully perfected it but happens pretty often.  It makes you jump way faster and waaay farther if you combo it with crouch.  So far the super jump kick works best but doing the jump front flip also works.  I'm not really sure but you need to hold shift (sprint key) and forward, quickly hit crouch and jump, (crouch here if you want kick) release shift and hold shift down again.  This will suddenly give you huge momentum mid-jump and lock you in the mid-air jump kick pose even when you hit a wall.  I have managed to do them on doors and I still travel for quite a bit after it opens.

To put this huge jump into perspective, think of the clan dojo.  The large dojo room with the large columns.  I had managed to jump from the entrance (sprinting then doing it when the door opened of course) to 2/3 of the way across the room in one single leap.  Still trying to find someone who will record it for me.

The jump speed is similar to in that video but since you are crouching mid-air aka dragon kick, you can jump much much further.

*edited a bit, missed some stuff

*edited outdated info.

To do this you must 1) sprint forward,  2) release sprint, 3) hit crouch and jump to initiate a front-flip jump before you lose sprint momentum, and 4) tap shift (sprint) immediately after the jump.  The timing of hitting the sprint key right after the jump key is very important and you must time it perfectly.  This still takes me 1/10 tries to do successfully.

Edited by skullhead51

A couple more highly advanced combo moves to add here:

Flying double dragon kick:

Step 1.Spint,

Step 2: Jump,

Step 3: Duck

As most of you will know, this is the standard vanilla dragon kick

now this is the tricky part:

Step 4: you must release all buttons to come out of the dragon kick animation, and while you are still flying through the air, before you lose much momentum or hit the ground, 

Step 5 [repeat of step 3]: Duck

If you nail the timing, you have just completed the double jump kick. Properly used, it can get you further momentum in a jump than a single jump kick. If you're good, you it can also be used to jump kick and down an opponent (fun fact: also does like 20 impact damage) and then hit a second opponent behind him. If you're REALLY good (and this takes impeccable timing and usually a wall behind your opponent) you can even hit the same opponent TWICE before he hits the ground. That's double jump kicking like a boss!

Note that you can do more than double jump kicks. The amount of dragon kicks you can do in a single jump depends on your skill level and the amount of momentum you have with the jump (and of course, jumping from a great height makes this easier).  With Volt superspeed, a good player should be able to pull off more than three dragon kicks in a single bound.

Boss tier advanced combo number two:  Aerial cartwheels and aerial backflips

My apologies if someone already posted this: I read to like page 12 and couldn't be bothered any more.

Now, you may THINK you know what this is but this is NOT the vanilla air dodge that many people posted about. This move is different. As the OP noted in his list (and as many people know but few people employ), by holding down the right mouse button, moving to the side and tapping the spring button you can do side rolls. Similarly, if you hold the right mouse button, move back and tap sprint, you can do  back handsprings. this is often mistakenly referred to as the "back flip", but since your hands touch down, it is NOT an actual backflip.

But here is the good news: you actually CAN do a back flip. More over, you can also do aerial versions of the side dodge and therefore do what in gymnastics are referred to as aerial cartwheels, or just "aerials". (before I get complainers - the vanilla side dodge that your grandmother uses is not an aerial any more than the back handspring is a back flip - if you look clearly the frame is clearly hitting the ground with his/her shoulders/head. It is a side roll)

The tricky part in this move, like with the dragon kick, is the timing:

A) Hold RMB

B) Move sideways (for aerial) or backwards (for back flip) or forward (for a front flip version - less exciting since, as noted, there are other ways to front flip)...

now the next part is different...

C) while still holding onto the direction button you want to flip towards, hit  JUMP

--- and now this is where the timing gets REAL tricky ---

D) ALMOST immediately after jumping tap the sprint button.

Note that if you wait too long after C), you will just do the Max Painesque air dive where you can shoot while flying through the air and will land with a dodge. Your timing again must be impeccable. Properly executed, you will do a beautiful aerial cartwheel or a layed-out (non-tucked) backflip.

I must admit that I have yet to find a good use for this move (for what it counts, it travels more distance than the vanilla version). But hot dang! It looks sexy. Practice it and when waiting for other players at extraction or in elevators and see for yourselves.

EDIT: Note that I recommend binding a button specifically to roll to make these advanced air dodges easier. I myself prefer to bind "roll" (the function that can be achieved by tapping "sprint") to up or down on the pinwheel of the mouse. 

Edited by Toe_ma

Double Kick + Areal Cartwheels!

I will try this immediately :O

OMG IT WORKS!

Timing is not that hard. and the double kick is not really conserving any momentum, you can in fact hit several opponents in a row with just one kick.

Sprint speed for extended kick range bros!

Also, Zephyr's low weight impacts kick range and stuff as well!

Will update the OP after I finished the infested, priorities, you know ;D

Edited by Nevrmoor

Double Kick + Areal Cartwheels!

I will try this immediately :O

They definitely work.

Aerial cartwheels and the aerial backward handspring are fantastic for dodging while simultaneously bounding over obstacles.

The double kick move in general is great for giving yourself added forward motion while in midair. Helps for wall running/climbing when you're slightly too far to grip the wall. Hold sprint and press crouch to do the kick which will lunge you forward. Definitely helps you chain wall runs together even when the walls are seemingly too far from each other.

Edited by RawGritz

For these to work, sprint cannot be on toggle.

So I'm pretty new to this game and literally started 3 days ago. I found some combos that I couldn't find anywhere else. Done with exaclibur and can be done without mods.

King of Jumps

Not sure what to call this but I figured out the combo needed. It is basically a mega jump and it should appear as a regular front-flip jump then a huge boost of speed in the middle of it. The distance jumped is unmatched by any other jump I know of.

1) Sprint forward
2) Release sprint
3) Hit crouch and jump to initiate a front-flip jump before you lose sprint momentum
4) Tap shift (sprint) almost immediately after the jump. (not sure if holding crouch while hitting shift affects anything)

*Holding shift can also work sometimes.

The timing of hitting the sprint key right after the jump key is very important and you must time it perfectly. Almost similar to toe_ma's aerial cartwheels, the timing must be impeccable.

This still takes me 1/10 tries to do successfully. After playing around with this, I managed to double my previous jump record and have successfully jumped across the clan great hall in the dojo from door to door.

Infinite Slide

Not really practical but allows you to slide until you hit some object but at a much slower speed. You can still keep sliding when stamina is out.

1) Initiate regular slide (sprint + crouch)
2) During slide, double tap shift.
3) Before you lose all momentum and stop sliding, spam sprint key and jump key at the same time.
4) Keep spamming them for as long as you want to keep sliding. (You will notice that when you jump, you are locked in the slide position and regain momentum each time you do it)

Edited by skullhead51

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

in preparation of the upcoming melee update I would like to invite/ ask you subscriber guys to post screenshots of the combo menu to each of the combo cards you find. Ima work through everything and post it here in the op so all the wiki guys and video makers can use it as an early reference for their purposes. And also because it is a matter of passion to keep this thread going.

If the stuff is actually awesome enough i might dedicate the upcoming weekend to screencapping and documenting the combos, but thats up to the DEvs ;)

Cant wait to get going, just got me my bo and furax back ;3, twill be awesome fun!

in preparation of the upcoming melee update I would like to invite/ ask you subscriber guys to post screenshots of the combo menu to each of the combo cards you find. Ima work through everything and post it here in the op so all the wiki guys and video makers can use it as an early reference for their purposes. And also because it is a matter of passion to keep this thread going.

If the stuff is actually awesome enough i might dedicate the upcoming weekend to screencapping and documenting the combos, but thats up to the DEvs ;)

Cant wait to get going, just got me my bo and furax back ;3, twill be awesome fun!

Right there with you. The combos and parkour along with the customization mechanics are what keep me coming back...oh an DE's continual commitment to regular updates.

Count me in. I will continue to contribute to this thread for Melee 2.0. It's a must.

Update 8 and a look backWelcome to this thread, take your time and come back from time to time and hone your skills, boost your knowledge to become the perfect killing machine!

This thread focuses on the buttons you have to press to do all kinds of moves. Some are harder, some are easier to perform, remember:

Practice makes perfect!

HOTHOTHOT: Check Wallwalk section for the vertical connect! Index1. Basic Combos2. Stealth kill and downed enemies3. Advanced Combos

4. Wallwalking + advanced wallwalking5. Power "Combos" (stuff that synergizes with other things) Controls:

Jump= Spacebar

Melee= E

Crouch= Ctrl

Sprint= Shift

Aim= RMB (Right Mouse Button)

Move= WSAD

Roll= Move+tap Sprint

Block= Mouse Button 4 (concider remapping)

+ = "and" (push 2 or more buttons together)

> = followed by ... (sequential activation)

>>=immediatly followed by

# = connection point (Combo your Combos!)

* = *x* just happend, i.e. you hit the floor etc.

Combos:

Base Combos

Sprint>Crouch= Slide

Slide>Jump= Forward Flip (in direction of slide)

Jump>Melee= Devastating downward Strike (a.k.a. Death from above)

- 10-100% melee dmg, seems to be related to drop height

Slide>Melee= Dash 360° Hit with swords, Big weapons and Bo staff, Furax will do uppercut

- 200-300% melee dmg depending on weapon, scales with melee dmg mods!

https://forums.warfr...ion/#entry92065

You can do it twice now, just keep crouch pressed and tap melee once more; Confirmed for most weapons

Stealth Kill:

Sneak up to your enemy until "Sneak Attack" pops up, then simply tap melee and you will perform a unique maneuver for each weapon, what a pleasure to the eye!

Attack downed enemies:

Walk up close to them, focus them with your crosshair, then simply press melee to perform another unique attack.

Advanced Combos

Slide>Jump>Melee= Forward Flip to Downward Strike (doesnt deal more damage, but looks cool and has a slightly longer range than the normal jump; hard to aim at first)

Sprint>Jump>Crouch=Air Slide# A.K.A "Dragon Kick" (combine to your likes) knocks back enemies while airborne

#Air Slide>Melee= Dragon Kick to Dash 360° or uppercut

#Air Slide>*sliding floor contact*>Jump(>melee)= Forward Flip (to Downward Strike) [jeez what a range!!11]

#Air Slide>Jump>RMB= Extended Forward Flip

#Air Slide>*Sliding floor contact*>Jump>Crouch= Airslide 2

Charge Melee>Sprint*Strike*>Slide>Melee=Double-Hit

(Hard to aim but looks kinda cool! Learning the distance when to start Charging your melee is key to this combo)

Jump > Melee >> Shift Twice (after you hit the ground)

(This cuts out a lot of the delay you get from this attack)

Try those vs Toxic ancients and Infested Bosses:

Melee>>Sprint>>Sprint= Rolling Melee

Charge Melee>>Sprint>>Sprint=Charged melee Roll

RMB+Move Back>Melee>>Sprint>>Sprint

Charge Melee+RMB+Move Back>>Sprint>>Sprint

Other Moves

Hold RMB>+Move+tap Sprint = Backflip or Sideflip

WSAD+Jump>RMB*fire away* = Aiming jump, like in Matrix or Max Payne (Get your Akimbo Pistols ;D)

Wallwalking:

Note: you will keep wallwalking as long as you press the jump and movement key or you run out of stamina.

Sprint>Jump (Running straight to a wall)=Vertical Wallwallk/ Wallclimb

Keep Jump pressed after reaching the peak altitude= slowly sliding down from max altitude

Sprint>Jump = Wallwalk to Jump on release of Jump button (Running/ jumping at an angle to a wall not exceeding 45°)

Wallwalk>Release Jump> Wallwalk = Connect!

(Make sure to move your camera to the appropriate angle for the next wall to keep running)

Wallwalk>crouch=cancel (Jump removed as of 6.5)

https://forums.warfr...e-jump-removed/

Horizontal Wallwalk>release Jump= Walljump

(high range and altitude jumps, make sure that you are wallwalking before you release the jump key, you only need a piece of wall the size of a coin to do this)

Vert.Wallwalk>Release Jump= Backflip

Vert.Wallwalk>Release Jump>*backflip*>Crouch=Frontflip (regardless of camera position)

any.Wallwalk>Shift>>Shift>release Jump=Wallwalk roll (said to allow you to jump over certain ledges)

performed from a horizontal wallwalk you will do a really quick forward flip jump

Advanced:

Horizontal wallwalk to grab:

Horizontal-WW>Release Jump>>Crouch=grab ledge above you

HOTHOTHOT:

Vert.Wallwalk>Release Jump+Release Sprint>Jump+Sprint= Vertical connect!

Make Sure to look to the next wall in the right angle! you can do a new Vert or go horiz from there!

HOT HOT HOT:

Wallwalk + Melee = Dash Strike -dmg ~10-100% melee dmg

(also works while sliding down the wall)

hit to your right side with swords, straight ahead with furax, other weaps will do their slide dash

While wallwalking, simply press melee additionally to the keys youre pressing. The frame will launch itself into your crosshairs direction. Make sure to aim left of your target when using sword. Takes a lot of practice to perform it fluently and with success.

In fact it is possible to wallwalk around corners, you just have to press jump again after you jumped on your first wall. Sometimes youll get the Backflip walljump instead, angle of attack is everything!

See this awesome thread

https://forums.warfr...enno-for-tenno/ for further info on wallwalking Power Combos: Excalibur: Excaliburs Jump and Dash work under so many circumstances extremely well and are incredibly efficient for getting around Superjump > Slashdash = Extra Range, flying over obstacles and enemiesSprint+Superjump>crouch = extended Range Superjump, distance gain is roughly 30% i would say. combine that with Slash Dash and youre on the other end of the roomany Wallwalk + Slash Dash/ Superjump / Superjump>Slash Dash = Sick range, weird angles, get anywhere asap to kill stuff or revive your dead friend try practicing jumping one way and dash into the other to get to a place you could not reach otherwise, work on your timing and aiming for the slash dash Vauban: Teslas stick to everything, even Frames and Sentinels //Teamplay Combos: Frosts Globe + Embers Ring of Fire = Slow + DoT is a real Xini winner  other usefull information:

You can slide down ramps for extended slide range

You can interrupt your wallwalk by pressing crouch, it will propel you a bit further skyward and allows you to change directions (grab ledge to the side etc.)

edit: Furax uppercut for the slide attack, note on dodging

edit: added Wallwalking

edit: structure and wallwalk strike

edit:update 6.3 changes

edit: basic rework yet again, tweaking here and there, stuff..., included WW to frontflip and Horiz.WW to grab, removed interrupt

edit: update 6.4, new rolls and flips thx to smith0rz

edit: added vertical connect

edit: Update 7, Changes are Fat!edit: Update 8, old things (after the reset i finally got excalibur, love him! hang in there Ashbro...)

Copter attacks can now attack twice in a row and you can do a regular air attack after.

Keep going, this cant be everything!

See you in space, cowboy!

You can also lead into slides with melee or charged melee. Just attack while running and

And slide

• 2 weeks later...

yayy the first new combo of melee 2.0 :P

alright so ive found out how to pretty much "double jump" when you have your melee out

tap melee+jump at the same time once, then right after tap run+crouch+melee+jump at the same, then repeat the last step again

should result in a regular attack followed by two slide attacks both of which provide a single jump, its pretty tricky but it does work.

Edited by dasheroo