Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid

ygalion

Question

Is it worth the pain to get Hydroid frame? It doesnt have super durability like Rhino or Frost, it doesnt have super useful or powerful skills. Any his skills has low dmg output. Does anyone know how good it feels to play with it?

9 answers to this question

It really depends on what level you are playing on.

On star chart/low T levels his output is high enough to rip up enemies when setup fully and his variety of amusing mutilation options mean you can have fun and spam destruction. I find him good fun for conflicts and anything where you just want to go yolo.

At higher levels the damage will obviously fall off and then you have to look at the CC elements.

Now I think there are certainly useful control aspects to his moves, especially if you like moves that simply buy you a little breathing time, but it is worth noting there are better crowd control frames that make it less difficult to actually pick off enemies when they are ensnared. ie. enemies stuck in his puddle can't be hit and it doesn't do enough damage so it is purely a breather and his tentacles thrash around making it impractical to hit the people caught in them.

I have fun playing him but I feel the novelty of his moves is about all he has going for him, especially as his damage starts to scale out. I wouldn't go so far as saying he is useless because he can certainly hold his own in higher stuff but you will often feel yourself wishing you had just been a Vauban or whatever instead.

Hydroid depends on playstyle becuase he can be used for defence, offensive, etc. or even bombarding things or traveling, Depends on what weapons you use and your playstyle completely. In my opinion hes worth getting, but hes appain to get, Vay hek isnt very fun, spefically now, Mastery Rank Leveling on bosses scales higher. Along with the new Damage System