Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dna Stabiliser Bp Suggestion, Devs Please Read

PlayKitten

Hi,
among all of the negative feedback for the kubrows, I thought I should add a suggestion that might make kubrows more accessible for newer/casual players.

my suggestion is to make a blueprint for the DNA Stabilisers required to keep kubrow.

I think that the BP recipe should be built from scans of the plantlife on earth, combining day and night plants so as not to clash with the antitoxins. Future iterations of this could involve varying strengths of dna stabilisers, and could also introduce a sort of tutorial to the codex scanner.

Codex scanning has been all but forgotten about recently, and I think this would be a good way to tie it back into the game, or introduce a good reason to use helios again.

I see no reason why this would not be accepted, dogs/cats (mine at least) do eat grass and stuff when they're in the garden, and since the kubrows are native to earth, it seems logical that they might too eat plants in the wild to settle their stomach... As part of a varied diet :)

so, what are your thoughts on this?

Edit: In what kind of economy would you be able to buy an assault rifle (mk1 Braton) for 15k, but to keep a pet costs 200k per month?

But seriously, I just think the accessibility could be a little better.  

Edited by PlayKitten

No, Kubrows look as though they are intended to be a time and credit sink, and I don't have a problem with that.  I don't see them as something new players should have access too, in the same way that sentinels (unless bought with plat) are not accessible to new players. 

The stabilizers are clearly meant to be a credit sink, one that a newer player can't afford.  As for casual players, they shouldn't have an issue affording them as they are now.  It is really easy to make credits in this game. 

The stabilizers are clearly meant to be a credit sink, one that a newer player can't afford. 

I understand your view, but my opinion on this is that all of the game content should be accessible to all of the players. besides, my suggestion merely swaps the credit sink for a time sink (collecting the scans, waiting for foundry (rushable, I know))

The kubrow quest is unlocked at fossa, and if all you have unlocked is mercury, venus and earth, making 100k credits is not going to be an easy task, so that system currently makes little sense if the content is aimed at veteran players, and the codex scanner as per the suggestion really could use some sort of tutorial. 

and as for a credit sink, how long did it actually take you to max out all your mods, and how much credits/cores were needed. (I still dont have a max Vitality mod). and then there's dark sectors, you could easily donate credits to your clan/alliance, to aid in taking/keeping a dark sector node, so there are plenty of ways for veteran players to burn through credits.

I understand your view, but my opinion on this is that all of the game content should be accessible to all of the players.

How does that even make sense?  Think about what you're saying.

If someone can all of the same 'stuff' at Rank 1-5 as someone who's at Rank 8-15, then what is the motivation to keep playing?

Someone who plays long er has more resources, experience, and 'stuff' collected over their longer hours of play.  So yes, there can and should be things that they have access to that newer players don't in order to keep them playing and keep the game interesting.

Edited by Hexagoros

Lol, I said accessible, not handed on a plate.

As I said it would be more of a time sink, so the player would have to choose between keeping the kubrow and having to get the scans and such for that, or farming blueprints/resources for their next warframe/weapon etc. I honestly believe that my suggestion is a good one, and that it keeps thing fair for all players.

Also, as a new player, you might be reluctant to spend platinum on extra weapon slots/warframe slots, which would make the amount of things you can keep more limited. I know I played for at least 2 months before I decided to drop any money into this "Free 2 Play" game, now I have enough slots for all of the current warframes and many of the weapons. it's kind of smart to experience as much content as possible before making an investment decision

Edited by PlayKitten

This is a very good idea. For Vet's it offers the choice of light time but heavier credit sink vs heavier time but less money sink while for newbies it makes it actually possible to maintain a kubrow without soul crushing credit grind.

As an added bonus we could also release player kubrows to earth guilt free, since they would have the regenerative plants introduced directly to their diet.

Take my +1 (and my axe)

hm. uhhh... hell, why not. this sounds acceptable.

I don't see them as something new players should have access to

that's interesting, since killing Jackal gives access to the Kubro Quest, and Jackal isn't exactly like, Ambulas or anything.... it's a very early Boss. 

so by the time that new player has that Quest, they absolutely are unable to complete it.

due to how we get the Quest, it suggests it's for new players. Lotus even says everyone should have a Kubro. the costs make it impossible for a new player though. a dead Quest they'll have for.... months possibly.

like a lot of things in Warframe, Kubro's are simultaneously trying to be for new players, and not for new players. it can't be both, but it's trying to be.

0 consistency is the par for Warframe by now i guess, since most things have none.

then what is the motivation to keep playing?

There are weapons and such in game that require you to reach certain mastery levels before they can be used. I think that is a fair way to distinguish between ranks, and give long term players something to work towards. That is not butting new players out of content, as there are just as many weapons for them to use and master, and that concept is quite realistic in the sense that, well, lets just say "you have to learn how to walk before you can run"

Almost any game you play will start you of with weaker weapons and give you better ones as you progress... But the kubrows are a content that cant realistically be played by newer players that are basically just "priced out" of that content.