Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Joker Challenge [Update]- The Warrior's Challenge

TheEdge

Hey guys, this is regarding my previous thread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/275931-suggestion-the-joker-challenge-new-npc-rogue-warframe/#entry3180223

Upon review of fitting a "Joker" into the lore, it didn't seem too fitting (though, it'd be pretty cool if some maniacal clown laughing at you slaughtering Grineer and Corpus like a butcher shop). So I'll put some thought for him to maybe fit in another time...

So, I reached in the depths of my idea generator in a secret location in my noggin, and decided a Warrior Warframe would be better. My idea is that upon completion of the Warrior's Challenge, players will be marked. Once they are marked, the Warrior Warframe (We'll call him Mr. X since I haven't come up with a name yet) will hunt down the player. Once the player defeats Mr. X, he has a chance to drop a blueprint (helmet, chassis, systems). If my idea generator continues to behave, I'll throw some weapon ideas in there too. In order to get a another component, the player MUST complete the challenge again to recieve another mark.

In order to start all this hooligans (even before the Defense/Interception challenge) the player would need to start a quest. Since this is still very early in the stage of spitballing ideas, I'll be brief:

--The Warrior Warframe was an early Tenno during the conflict with the Sentients. He was obedient to the Tenno cause, Loyal to the Lotus, and a very skilled warrior, even for a Tenno. However an incident with his fellow team being overwhelmed and killed left him the only survivor. The death of his fellow Tenno made him question the death he had brought in the name of the Tenno cause. Was it all worth it? When would it end? Will it ever end? He had abandoned his duties shortly after to find answers to his questions. He had come up with a conclusion- only those truly worthy to the cause must fight. The Lotus had opposed this, as she needed as much skill and potential as she could to fight. With opposing views, the Warrior went rogue, and now hunts Tenno and tests them to see who is truly worthy to fight for the cause. Are you ready, Tenno, for the Warrior's Challenge?

So instead of the Joker for the challenge, you now have a Warframe that teleports in that simply watches you as you fight hordes of high-level enemies.

Here are some stats and abilities:

Health: 130 (330 at Rank 30)

Shields: 100 (300 at Rank 30)

Armor: 125

Energy: 100 (150 at Rank 30)

Stamina: 150

Run speed: 1.1

Abilities:

1.) (Name in works) Battōjutsu (25 Energy): Mr. X creates an ether sword (like Excalibur's Slash Dash) and draws his sword, releasing a storm of slashes all at once in every direction. So he'll get in stance to draw his sword, but it'll be him charging energy momentarily before unleashing hell. (Range: 5/6/7/8 in-game meters. Damage: 100/200/300/400 Slash Damage)

2.) Deflect (50 Energy): Mr. X exploits himself as a target and reflects all incoming damage and to their sender for 4/5/5.5/6 seconds. So Mr.X will again, draw an ether sword (because deflecting with a giant axe looks a bit silly) and deflect 50/65/80/95% of bullets (and lasers) to their sender. As a bonus, reflected damage will gain a .5/.75/1/1.25% damage boost. No stamina will be expanded during the duration of the power, but as a consequence, Mr.X's movement and sprint speed are reduced. (maybe to like .8 or something)

3.) Warrior's Rage (75 Energy): Mr.X draws his blade, inflicting an immense amount of damage on a single target. He'll take the players melee weapon and have a special animation of him going to town on one enemy. (Damage: 5000/ 5700/ 5900/ 6100 Slash Damage). Mr.X will stay in place to perform this move, and all damage goes to one single target in the crosshairs. Players cannot get away with "dragging" the ability across the screen.

4.) Inspire (100 Energy): Mr.X yells a warcry that immediately restore team shields and health (Restores 25/50/75/100% shields and health). Downed players are automatically revived within 20/30/40/50 in-game meters. The teams energy efficiency for all abilities is increased 15/20/25/30% for 3/4/4.5/4.75 seconds.

I know some of this needs work, so I'd like to see what you guys think. Also, I feel like I'm writing a forum post that's probably longer than the Bible. I'm a noob, so I don't know how  to do that spoiler feature to take up less space. Anywho, I look forward from hearing from you guys!

Peace and Safety, fellow Tenno.

Until next time,

TheEdge