Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Altering Zephyr

Trenggiling

Hi thanks for reading!

Zephyr is my favorite frame so as you can probably tell I won't be changing much.

=====Stats=====

Her high health, but low armor makes for an interesting combo... I don't see anything here that needs tweaking.

=====Tail Wind=====

This skill is probably the best mobility skill in the game, nuff said.

=====Dive Bomb=====

This... is zephyr's only poorly implemented skill.

Its weak, its clumsy, its impossible to aim, and it makes you feel stupid for using it.

The tail wind-dive bomb combo should be one heck of a spectacle when you consider all of the prerequisite for using it.

I mean, anything that costs 10 mod points, 2 mod slots, 50 energy, and requires you to be fighting in an open area should be able to do... something.

But all it does in smash your face into the ground, and maybe knocks a guy or two over for a second, if your lucky.

So here is what I would do.

First, have the impact's size, and damage increase depending on the distance traveled, if this already happens then it should be WAY more apparent, I'm thinking something like, blast size = 2/3/4/5 SWPR meters + 1/2 of distance traveled, and damage = 100/150/200/250 SWPS X 1.25 for every meter traveled.

If this is too powerful (which it is) give the skill some heavy damage drop off and your good.

Well... not quite, dive bomb is still too clumsy, it needs to be aimed, plain and simple.

2litx1h.jpg

In this picture the green line represents the places to witch you could dive, and the red line represents places that you can aim for but won't hit, instead you would dive at the closes possible angle.

Anything above the red line would give you a "out of range" warning.

You would get more control of your dive if you start from a higher position, since it uses a cone shape for its targeting. As represented in this pic.

dpgwgm.jpg

Note that the outlines in these pictures are only to demonstrate the general idea, and only very loosely reflect on what the actual angles should be.

If these changes were made to dive bomb then it would make Zephyr feel more like a true raptor!

And less like a disoriented seagull... with a broken wing... and a belly full of alcohol...

=====Turbulence=====

This skill is awesome... maybe just a little too awesome...

I'll shut up now...

=====Tornado=====

It should always summon 1/2/3/4 tornadoes, the tornadoes should move just a bit faster, and the loot toss is kinda annoying.

Other than that it's a great skill.

Click Here for a full list of my threads.

Edited by Trenggiling

I personally find Dive Bomb to be one of her exceptionalities. In conclave I use it to either one shot my opponent or knock them down easily for murder.

You could save 7 mod points, and a mod slot, not to mention 25 energy, by simply smashing them with a good melee ground slam, for the exact same effect.

You know that... right?

Edited by Trenggiling

Guest Tehnoobshow

You could save 7 mod points, and a mod slot, not to mention 25 energy, by simply smashing them with a good melee ground slam, for the exact same effect.

You know that... right?

Dive bomb has a way bigger blast radius.

Looks cooler.

(snip)

I think so too, that's why I want it to be worth using so bad 0 0

^ '

You must be really bad at pressing 1 and then 2. Wait, not even, just jump, then hit 2. BOOM everyone is knocked back. I don't see what the problem is. I mean, since when do non ult abilities ever get used for damage anyway? It's fine that it's a utility skill.

But yeah, Dive Bomb isn't even on my load out lol...

You must be really bad at pressing 1 and then 2. Wait, not even, just jump, then hit 2. BOOM everyone is knocked back. I don't see what the problem is. I mean, since when do non ult abilities ever get used for damage anyway? It's fine that it's a utility skill.

But yeah, Dive Bomb isn't even on my load out lol...

I'm not talking about running up to an enemy's face and jump/flopping them to death.

Because honestly, you might as well just hack them up with a melee weapon in that case.

I'm talking about when you fly into a room and see a group of boxheads.

As it stands right now, you would have to crash to the ground, run into the enemy's face, and then jump/flop.

Edited by Trenggiling

Guest Tehnoobshow

I think so too, that's why I want it to be worth using so bad 0 0

^ '

It should spawn a cart of hay where you land. :P

So basically, let Divebomb be aimable?

Yeah, I like it. It's hard to hit what's right below you when you can't see that. I'd narrow the cone more than your suggestions, but other than that I'm all for it.

So basically, let Divebomb be aimable?

Yeah, I like it. It's hard to hit what's right below you when you can't see that. I'd narrow the cone more than your suggestions, but other than that I'm all for it.

Note that the outlines in these pictures are only to demonstrate the general idea, and only very loosely reflect on what the actual angles should be.

Just give me my hover ability and replace divebomb

Dive bomb and tail wind should be combined.

Both are very viable ideas, but I'm trying to make the preexisting skills viable/fun-to-use without replacing and/or removing them.

I like your idea for dive bomb. :)

But I think Zephyr has some other problem besides dive bomb aiming problem.

-Dive Bomb:

Wiki stated that it has 100% chance to knock down enemies, but it seems buggy to me. It doesn't knock down enemies all the time especially when Zephyr lands on top of an enemy.

Another thing is that Dive Bomb is an underwhelming skill. Maybe we can add some other effect to buff it like send nearby enemies flying a bit on impact.

-Tail Wind:

If you get stuck while Zephyr is flying, she'll keep flying until Tail Wind ends, which is kind of annoying.

Maybe it can be changed into: Hold skill 1 button to use Tail Wind. Zephyr will keep flying until player release the button or until she reaches maximum travel distance(effected by duration). This should add some maneuverability.

Energy cost scales with flight distance/time up to 25 without efficiency mods.

-Tornado:

One of the reason people hate Tornado is because it blows pickups and dead bodies away.

What if Tornado has different effect on pickups and dead bodies? For example: Tornado sucks in all pickups and dead bodies and smash them to the ground while blowing living enemies away.

Edited by yles9056

Both are very viable ideas, but I'm trying to make the preexisting skills viable/fun-to-use without replacing and/or removing them.

I want aviator to be a viable mod and allow zephyr to be what the mod depicted and hyped me up for.

I like your idea for dive bomb. :)

Ty :)

But I think Zephyr has some other problem besides dive bomb aiming problem.

1 or 2 ya

-Dive Bomb:

Wiki stated that it has 100% chance to knock down enemies, but it seems buggy to me. It doesn't knock down enemies all the time especially when Zephyr lands on top of an enemy.

Another thing is that Dive Bomb is an underwhelming skill. Maybe we can add some other effect to buff it like send nearby enemies flying a bit on impact.

Well that's a bug.

I'm gonna quote myself here.

the impact's size, and damage needs to increase depending on the distance traveled, if this already happens then it should be WAY more apparent, I'm thinking something like, blast size = 2/3/4/5 SWPR meters + 1/2 of distance traveled, and damage = 100/150/200/250 SWPS X 1.25 for every meter traveled.

If this is too powerful (which it is) give the skill some heavy damage drop off

-Tail Wind:

If you get stuck while Zephyr is flying, she'll keep flying until Tail Wind ends, which is kind of annoying.

Maybe it can be changed into: Hold skill 1 button to use Tail Wind. Zephyr will keep flying until player release the button or until she reaches maximum travel distance(effected by duration). This should add some maneuverability.

Energy cost scales with flight distance/time up to 25 without efficiency mods.

I don't think that this is too much of a problem actually, it's only a brief second, and a halve of inconvenience if you use the skill wrong, or get unlucky.

Not exactly something that would warrant introducing a new mechanic into the game.

-Tornado:

One of the reason people hate Tornado is because it blows pickups and dead bodies away.

What if Tornado has different effect on pickups and dead bodies? For example: Tornado sucks in all pickups and dead bodies and smash them to the ground while blowing living enemies away.

I'm going to quote myself again.

It should always summon 1/2/3/4 tornadoes, the tornadoes should move just a bit faster, and the loot toss is kinda annoying.

Other than that it's a great skill.

Edited by Trenggiling

Dive Bomb definitely needs to be aimed.  I remember first trying this power and being super disappointed.  And I would love if it could deal massive damage if you properly set up a high dive.  

Tornado.. I want it to not throw enemies around at all.  Pick them up, spin them around for the duration, but not throw.  Just drop them back down in place.  It makes me not want to use this power much because it can be inconvenient for teammates.  So I save it for emergencies or if I'm running a level where I know it can and will actually kill.

Also agree that Tornado should always summon 4 nados at max rank.  None of this 1 tornado if there are no targets nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...