Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

30/07/14 7Mb Patch Bricks My Computer

Sauvagess

Whenever I tried to boot up Warframe, the moment it tries to load the login screen my computer just instantly powers off. No warning, just blip. As if the plug were pulled. And the only way to get my computer to even power on again is to open it up, remove the power plug from both the socket AND the harddrive, press the power button to cycle the leftover electricity, and then plug everything back in.

I just don't know anymore... First the DDOS stuff, now this..

LOOL

It is not Warframe's fault, remove your graphics card and try again, however your power supply could very be at fault too, check all cables and fans then try without your graphics card in (unless integrated then I suggest you try another power supply if possible)

Oh could also be a hard drive problem but I have not heard of something like this, worth a try with a different hard drive if you can...just troubleshoot as much as you can and pay attention to each step making sure you don't actually fry your computer, your motherboard should shut the circuit if all hell breaks loose though

Edited by noveltyhero

It's not a hardware failure. I just had a hardware failure two months ago and had to replace the video card and harddrive. Not to mention my power supply is built for more than what I currently have, I just haven't gotten around to adding to my rig because it's working fine at the moment. I can run Watch_Dogs at max settings, and just this Monday the 28th Warframe ran fine.

EDIT: Let's not forget the notable chunk of people who've been posting on the Steam forums over this exact same issue for the last two days.

Edited by Sauvagess

It's not a hardware failure. I just had a hardware failure two months ago and had to replace the video card and harddrive. Not to mention my power supply is built for more than what I currently have, I just haven't gotten around to adding to my rig because it's working fine at the moment. I can run Watch_Dogs at max settings, and just this Monday the 28th Warframe ran fine.

EDIT: Let's not forget the notable chunk of people who've been posting on the Steam forums over this exact same issue for the last two days.

Just because you changed to new/better parts it doesn't mean it's 100% prone to hardware failure.  Check your Event manager.

My event manager is fine. I checked everything, absolutely nothing is wrong with my hardware. In fact, it wasn't until AFTER I did all of that that I checked my programs, and it's only Warframe.

Edited by Sauvagess

most times ive had a motherboard go blip and turn off its been due to heat, esp if the thermal paste on the cpu has worn away or theres insufficient cooling, also worth dust hunting inside the pc as well.

Edited by Methanoid