Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea For New Players Encountering A Boss.

Verre

What if Lotus or maybe Ordis sends a random transmission to players during their mission on how to kill a boss? 

I don't mean a complete walk-through, but just necessary information. 

For example: Some of their weak spots, maybe? 

I don't usually do as many boss-fights, so I have no idea if Lotus actually does give us vital information or clues on how we should kill them. I literally just went through the star chart, cleared the nodes and had the help needed to kill the bosses.

I'm not quite sure if this idea has been mentioned already or If I'm posting this on the right section of the forums, but I'd like to see what you guys think about it and if you have any ideas of your own.  

Edit: Now I'm really worried about whether I should have mentioned this or not. Sitting here thinking  hard about whether we were actually instructed on how to kill the bosses. 

Edited by Verre

"Tenno, when General Sargas Ruk attacks, evade his flames and procced to shoot the gas that leaks from the blue points to be able to cause some damage. It will cause overheating and consequently, will explode his armor."

Something like this?

I think the only boss that isn't very clear on how to take them down is Kril, and I love seeing new players figuring out how to kill him on their own. Imma have to say no, but that's me. (Jackal isn't very clear, but quick and easy to figure out since his legs are half of his body)

Yeah, Lotus never gives info on how to kill.  In some cases she'll give you warnings about their attacks, but not once have I seen here tell you what you need to do to kill them.

Which is sort of an issue with how many enemies nowadays have invincible spots/periods that are so big.

"Tenno, when General Sargas Ruk attacks, evade his flames and procced to shoot the gas that leaks from the blue points to be able to cause some damage. It will cause overheating and consequently, will explode his armor."

Something like this?

Indeed. 

I think the only boss that isn't very clear on how to take them down is Kril, and I love seeing new players figuring out how to kill him on their own. Imma have to say no, but that's me. (Jackal isn't very clear, but quick and easy to figure out since his legs are half of his body)

I know what you mean. 

I seem to see a lot of players who are a bit high in mastery rank and still have no idea how to fight most of the bosses. 

Makes me wonder, lol. 

Yeah, Lotus never gives info on how to kill.  In some cases she'll give you warnings about their attacks, but not once have I seen here tell you what you need to do to kill them.

Which is sort of an issue with how many enemies nowadays have invincible spots/periods that are so big.

Hmmm. 

What would you suggest? 

We get no instructions for the battle itself, only some lore. I think Phorid is the only one, and even then it's only descriptions of two of his attacks.

Ah, true. I forgot about Phorid. 

Well it'd be one or two messages per boss that have invincibility periods or need to be shot in a certain place.

• "Lt. Lech Kril keeps his power contained with a cryosuit, you must disable it by destroying the power pack before you can assassinate him."

• "Tenno, General Sargas Ruk's custom armor cannot be penetrated by any portable weaponry, but he'll need to expose himself to vent eventually."

• "Intelligence reports that the 'Jackal' model has redundant shield generators in the legs, you must disable these to damage it, Tenno."

• "The Raptor model can go into a defensive state by folding itself up, but it cannot maintain this state forever.  When it opens, you know what to do."

Well it'd be one or two messages per boss that have invincibility periods or need to be shot in a certain place.

• "Lt. Lech Kril keeps his power contained with a cryosuit, you must disable it by destroying the power pack before you can assassinate him."

• "Tenno, General Sargas Ruk's custom armor cannot be penetrated by any portable weaponry, but he'll need to expose himself to vent eventually."

• "Intelligence reports that the 'Jackal' model has redundant shield generators in the legs, you must disable these to damage it, Tenno."

• "The Raptor model can go into a defensive state by folding itself up, but it cannot maintain this state forever.  When it opens, you know what to do."

Sounds good to me.