Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wednesday Hype Thread 7/30

Freelancer27

There will always be a hype post. However...

The thing is all our hype is focused as rage at each other. Because reasons.

Not necessarily good ones... but reasons nonetheless.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Sibarian

But it is DE's fault, we've been through this discussion many times...

Patience, fellow PS4 Tenno. 

All in due time.

Let the PC players catch most of the bugs so you guys can have a more stable update. -thumbs up- 

the build is not finished because there are still major bugs wich we pc players reporting to DE, they in turn fix the bug both here, and on the PS4 build.

would you really want the stupid broken update 14 without any of the hot fixes and suffer just because you want to lower the gap?

So either way you put it... it's DE's Fault

It was covered in one of the streams that every time they touch the executable, it has to go through Cert. Considering it takes about a week to clear, they make it worth the week to pass it.

Note the first phrase, hence the largest part of the slowdown. Then try again.

But it is DE's fault, we've been through this discussion many times...

Here's a rough timeline of how things basically work on the two different platforms.

PC

Develop -> In-house Test -> Publish -> Public Test -> Hotfix -> Publish

PS4

Develop -> In-house Test -> Port -> Integrate Hotfix/s -> Port -> Cert test -> Publish

DE has zero control whatsoever over the last two parts of the PS4 stream and the fact that it takes so long to actually push stuff out to the customers on consoles means they cannot afford to have things break horribly in cert testing, i.e. they have to wait for the PC guinea pigs to find the bugs they need to fix.  Want faster, and buggier, updates?  Then complain to Sony to allow DE to publish whenever they want.

Or just...y'know, buy a PC.

It's nobody's "fault", it's just the way multiplaform programs are built; one platform is always in the lead, most often it's the platform that's most capable or has the least distribution problems.

I'm not too pumped about whatever might get added... If all DE puts out is one new weapon, I would applaud them for managing just that while fixing a bunch of U14 stuff.

Take yer damn time DE, ffs man... We don't need more content! Hotfix more bugs first!  Hotfix for weeeeks pleeeease!

:P

Edited by Auramau

People are busy raging at the bugs rather than pointing them out in a civil manner. Also, busy pointing fingers and stuff. And trying to dispose of their 'unwanted' kubrows.

(^^possible reasons there's^^no massive hype yet^^)

Maybe I'm not hyped cause I dunno what's gonna get added next. For the first time in forever (in Ana's voice) I am looking forward to tweaks and bug fixes rather than new content.

Edited by Noioiy

A. That doesn't happen every time.

B. How it is not their fault their update is buggy? Must be that damn Noid's fault.

C. Not every update fails Cert.

D. 3 Weeks to build the update ≠ 1 Week of Cert Process.

EDIT: The build isn't even finished so how is it Sony's fault

Or you could... you know... be patient?

Ahhh who am I kidding?

This is forums, and everything is always DE's fault 100% of the time forever.

Son, you're kidding yourself if you think any developer ever has made something bug free right from the bat.

I don't care either way for new content (Corpus Freezeray and Tonfas look cool but I'm also working on ranking some of my older gear up), but I really hope they start the process of re-balancing old content. Oberon, Snipers, Shotties- they've all been teased, but beyond "we're going to bring them up to snuff" they haven't really stated how they're going to be fixed and I'm really eager for them to be on-par with their peers.

It's possible that 14.1 won't be up until next week, but even that seems... a little unlikely to me. It's not like every staff member has been working on bug-fixing, because that's just not part of all of their jobs. Maybe all the content they've been working on has been stuffed into hotfixes, though, so I can't really say for sure.

Either way, it might be better not to ride the hype train until there's confirmation that we'll actually get a Tenno Reinforcements or something.

Or you could... you know... be patient?

Ahhh who am I kidding?

This is forums, and everything is always DE's fault 100% of the time forever.

Son, you're kidding yourself if you think any developer ever has made something bug free right from the bat.

PC complained when U14 was a week late, i complain when we're a month and a half behind. Ya ok, bud.

PC complained when U14 was a week late, i complain when we're a month and a half behind. Ya ok, bud.

Have some patience friend. I know how you must feel. Like PC is the elder brother and going all the cool places doing all the cool(interesting) stuff and you have to wait till you grow up, and use the things we've already used (used? more like done).

But trust me, when it gets released on PS4 it is going to be a LOT LESS buggy than what we have on PC.

And as it's said by others, it's not as easy as it is with the PC. When we (the PC people) find a bug and report it, DE patches it as soon as they can.

But with PS4 there's cert and all those things that slows the whole process down.

Tell me, would you like a buggy U14 for the PS4 right now then wait for like a week or so for hotfixes? Or wait some more and get an update that works as intended?

Have some patience friend. I know how you must feel. Like PC is the elder brother and going all the cool places doing all the cool(interesting) stuff and you have to wait till you grow up, and use the things we've already used (used? more like done).

But trust me, when it gets released on PS4 it is going to be a LOT LESS buggy than what we have on PC.

And as it's said by others, it's not as easy as it is with the PC. When we (the PC people) find a bug and report it, DE patches it as soon as they can.

But with PS4 there's cert and all those things that slows the whole process down.

Tell me, would you like a buggy U14 for the PS4 right now then wait for like a week or so for hotfixes? Or wait some more and get an update that works as intended?

Ya your right, quicker they fix it on PC, quicker it gets on ps4

Not really a good argument tho. PC peeps really shouldn't have complained when U14 came out later than expected, just like PS4 players shouldn't be complaining that U14 isn't coming to them immediately. It's disappointing that they weren't able to get the updates to match up like I think they'd hoped, but ultimately that's not really DE's fault.

PC players have been going through two weeks worth of teeny-tiny hotfixes now, so honestly I kinda envy the ability to play a mostly bug-free U14 as soon as it ships. It's going to be a really good update for PS4 players and I hope that the people who ported over there bring some of that excitement in your direction.

Or maybe there will be PS4 players who continue to look towards U14 abysmally due to impatience. That's probably what will happen, as usual.

My current hype-train: "Update 14.1: More huge hotfixes"

Currently praying that DE just focuses on fixing bugs and polishing content in one huge update, instead of introducing more content. It's a weird feeling, but I'm not gonna feel bad about wanting the current system fixed...regardless of how many bugs they've squashed so far.

You're assuming we all complained. A fair amount of us didn't.

I would have rather they put it off till it was more stable personally bet hey, what ya gonna do.

My point still stands.

You're assuming we all complained. A fair amount of us didn't.

I would have rather they put it off till it was more stable personally bet hey, what ya gonna do.

My point still stands.

Not a bunch of PS4 players are complaining either, heck 90% of them aren't even on the Forums

Soo the freeze ray, the tonfas, J13-Golem with the rest of the new infested enemies, the new corpus tileset, the cold dual mod, Kubrow wall running and proper pathing...Nope.... No reason to be hype at all...the new event....

trollface_00416855.jpg
Edited by Nkomo-Sama