Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disciple founders valuing logic

tehKAMI

First of all I'd like to say that the game is great and I hope that it will remain so even when it gets released to the general public. However I have a very small complaint regarding the logic behind Disciple founders package, because it doesn't make sense to me.

Platinum included in the package is valued at $20 which seems reasonable and fine, but then belllow the price of the package we've got a value stating that this whole package is valued at $25. My brain tells me that you believe that a virtual badge that will be displayed on a forum and doesn't provide any kind of benefit (that I'd know of) is valued at $5 which is kind of funny and absurd at the same time.

I'd suggest changing that value or better, remove/exclude it from this package.

If you actually clicked it would tell you that you only have to pay 19.99 $'s.

Yeah, all I have to say.

If you need to be so precise, you don't need to click anything to see that the price is $19.99.

You're effectively buying $20 worth of platinum and getting a free badge to show your support...

I never had a complaint over the pricing of the package, just the illogical valuing of it, because I don't think that a badge can be valued at $5 considering that it doesn't give you any benefits whatsoever - at least they're not mentioned.

Some people highly value titles/badges, I am not one of those perticular people but I have to say this is alil nitpicky tbh. You may not value it at 5 bucks but like I said some people might, someone took the time to design the disciple badge so it does have a value. So please see whats behind the badge not just the picture, this is coming from a graphic artist. People don't really value the work that is done to do things, they just look at the product.

Edited by Scypher

Some people highly value titles/badges, I am not one of those perticular people but I have to say this is alil nitpicky tbh. You may not value it at 5 bucks but like I said some people might, someone took the time to design the disciple badge so it does have a value. So please see whats behind the badge not just the picture, this is coming from a graphic artist. People don't really value the work that is done to do things, they just look at the product.

I really don't mean anything wrong with this.

But when i saw your MASTER Badge i laughed so hard :)

PS.: Thats also what im gonna buy :P

Edited by Sikab

I'm a designer myself and I know that a lot of work goes into making a badge like that. I agree that is worth something and I agree that I'm nitpicking, but that might encourage the developers to think of some bigger role for the badges, giving them more purpose than they currently have and thus giving them some more value.

Also you cannot expect others to think past your finished product since that's what you're presenting to them, you're not presenting them your work and time you spent working on it. Example: You judge a game on how well it's performing, how good it looks, how well it plays, etc. and not how hard the developers worked on it.

Edited by TehBunneh

Also you cannot expect others to think past your finished product since that's what you're presenting to them, you're not presenting them your work and time you spent working on it. Example: You judge a game on how well it's performing, how good it looks, how well it plays, etc. and not how hard the developers worked on it.

No but people still pay for the work you put into the piece. A logo like the badge can easily be comparable with a logo that a freelancer did for someone for 20-50 bucks. So saying that the logo isn't even worth 5 bucks is pretty meh.

I do agree with the badges could be put to more use like an emblem on your Warframes shoulder or something, but dunno.

Edited by Scypher

No but people still pay for the work you put into the piece. A logo like the badge can easily be comparable with a logo that a freelancer did for someone for 20-50 bucks. So saying that the logo isn't even worth 5 bucks is pretty meh.

Clients do not pay you for your time, they pay you for the end product - unless you're doing a different practice yourself. Also again you're forgetting the fact that in the design bussines, when you provide the client with the logo, you don't just provide them with a simple .PNG image, but also layered PSD file as well as full rights to branding you've created for them while here we just get the image shown under our avatar to give us the ability to brag and in my opinion that cannot be valued at $5.

Eh, I bought that package because I like the game, love its upgrade system, but was too lazy to get all the way to farming earth to get all the trinity resources.

I intend to purchase one of the packages soon as well, because I'd like to show my support for the game even though I haven't played it for more than four hours, but I know that if it keeps getting better that I'll spend more and more time having fun in-game. However the thread isn't about pricing of the actual packages, because I believe they're fairly priced, thread is about Disciple package having a pretty odd valuing (in my opinion of course).

Clients do not pay you for your time, they pay you for the end product - unless you're doing a different practice yourself. Also again you're forgetting the fact that in the design bussines, when you provide the client with the logo, you don't just provide them with a simple .PNG image, but also layered PSD file as well as full rights to branding you've created for them while here we just get the image shown under our avatar to give us the ability to brag and in my opinion that cannot be valued at $5.

I guess I follow a different practice than you, in any field your charged for the work thats been done not just the end product. The work leads to the end product. Fixing computers, cooking food, and so on. Sure people might think linearly like that, but the reason for say a steak cooked by a chef who has dedicated himself to that profession costing more than just a steak is because of his work to prepare the food. A steak is a steak, it just depends on the quality. I do realize you give them a PSD and the rights to it, but like I have said a logo designed by a graphic designer can easily go for 20-50 dollars, and you are saying that this logo isn't even worth 1/4th to 1/10th of what a graphic designer recieves for providing a PSD and the rights.

Also Mabs brings up a good point that I totally forgot since you can get keys easily atm. The Founder purchases also gives you beta access.

Edited by Scypher

Also Mabs brings up a good point that I totally forgot since you can get keys easily atm. The Founder purchases also gives you beta access.

Like you said yourself, beta keys are really easy to get - I got mine at MMObomb three days ago (I think, I'm bad at tracking time) and at that moment more than 600 keys were still available so I don't think that beta access is really valuable at the moment. However, it's a valid point and I didn't think of that before now, I guess that early access to the game can easily be valued at $5.

Anyway, thanks for the wonderful conversation Scypher and thanks to everyone for being relaxed and not too hessitant to bash my opinions. Hopefully I'll get the honor of playing with some of you in the near future :)

I agree entirely. I can't see how they valued the badge at $5, nor do i think it's "worth" that.

I am considering buying a masters pack at some point to support the devs, and as a graphic designer I appreciate the work that goes into art, but it still seems odd to consider the badge as $5s worth of content...

They should have, imo, given $25 worth of credits for 19.99, that would make more sense and is such a negligable amount that it wouldn't hurt them at all.

I agree entirely. I can't see how they valued the badge at $5, nor do i think it's "worth" that.

I am considering buying a masters pack at some point to support the devs, and as a graphic designer I appreciate the work that goes into art, but it still seems odd to consider the badge as $5s worth of content...

They should have, imo, given $25 worth of credits for 19.99, that would make more sense and is such a negligable amount that it wouldn't hurt them at all.

Exactly

The way I see it:

This package (and every other) is a way of saying "I wan't to help in development, shutup and take my money". If anyone want to buy platinum, there is separate shop for that. Badge and platinum that is given to you is a gift from devs saying "Thanks for your support, here, take this in-game currency and this forum badge so others can see that you trust our skill".

Anyway, I would like to have this badge carved in my normal Excalibur shoulder instead of the common one :). But I'm okay with package as it is.