Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Live Trading Or Auction House?

KazenoStigma12

That also means you'll be able to buy stuff for 1p.

Anyway, always been in support of an auction house. Never liked the idea of sitting in front of the trade chat instead of actually playing and letting the game handle my trades.

So I really hope DE implements it one day.

Have fun selling stuff for Warframe slots, weapon slots, and potatos.

I am against this. Number one reason, undercutting. Everyone will keep undercutting until the market becomes saturated with low plat offers.

You don't want to sit in trade? Enjoy having to sell your rare mods for 1 plat.

If there are enough rare mods in the market that they sink down to 1 plat each, then that just means the market was oversaturated with that mod to begin with and no one is buying them. An auction house really wont change that. It might just make it happen faster.

Constant undercutting will only happen if no one is actively buying the mods fast enough to keep up with new ones entering the market.

But that's always how it goes. Especially if there isn't a set price for anything. Everything keeps going down in price until it can't go down anymore.

Yes, if there's no need for the mod on the market. Which means it doesn't matter because who the hell cares if you can't sell your reflex guards.

Rare mods, however, are always in demand. By rare, I mean the drop chance, not the useless tier DE gave mods for the sake of consuming more fusion cores.

Don't they teach you economics at school?

I thought an auction house or trading post would be good until I actually used the Trade Chat.  You get FAR better deals through live bartering.  It's as simple as that.  If you're in favor of an actual system, you're basically in favor of never getting a great deal.  You turn the investment process into penny stocks.  The only thing a system accomodates is laziness.

Yes, if there's no need for the mod on the market. Which means it doesn't matter because who the hell cares if you can't sell your reflex guards.

Rare mods, however, are always in demand. By rare, I mean the drop chance, not the useless tier DE gave mods for the sake of consuming more fusion cores.

Don't they teach you economics at school?

Yes, but I've found that ingame auction houses and markets don't tend to follow market rules because the people selling stuff haven't learned economics.

Okay, I don't know if you guys are experienced traders. But you really shouldn't be 'spamming' the trade chat, because most mods are useless to people.

Find a mod people desire, DO NOT MAX IT, it's a waste of time unless it's Serration, Heavy Caliber etc. you get the point.

Wait for someone to actually want to buy something. Whisper and sell it to them for a fair price.

If you want to spam a line, don't put just one item, have a few desireable items and don't type a whole list.

I make 50 plat a day doing this, if I get serious.

Now let's put in an auction house with the 24 hour limit. There will be guys with a lot of plat who would more or less just want to move stock (they have lots of spares and can't be bothered with trade chat). I'm going to be one of them just to spite the auction house if it ever comes up. What will happen is that because of our massive volume (and the sheer number we can farm per day if dedicated). We will just flood the AH, to the point that even the rarest mods will drop heavily in price.

The pros of this?

- Everything will get much cheaper and those who already have a huge plat reserve will be able to take a greater advantage in the game.

The cons?

- Earning plat becomes a headache, 20 transactions just to get a warframe slot...because those aren't going to change in price.

Newbies will suffer because trade chat is the only way for them to make plat in the early stages of the game and if they're only making 1 or 2 plat per sale. They are going to give in pretty fast.

At the end of the day, people are going to think that the auction house makes things better, but when everything is automated, everything gets cheaper.

You want to make plat in trade chat? Get a few desirables, go find what is actually hot and farm it. Then camp and wait for a buyer, while advertising the more important stock that you have. You'll be surprised how much you can sell.

EDIT: If auction house comes in, I am going to make damn sure I play like a Chinese Gold Farmer, just so that I can flood. People need to learn that live bartering is much better than mimicking the lazy system in every game. Of course, I'll benefit either way.

EDIT 2:  Also to the people saying, 'hurrr, rares are always in demand'. No, they are not, sorry, they are not. Why? You only need 1 copy. Except for corrupted mods where you may not max out, you usually only need 1 copy of something. Know what that means? 20 rares feeds 20 people. Are those 20 people going to buy tomorrow? No. Eventually the market will get over saturated and then, what will you do?

Edited by Semshol

This is the exact problem with many games that impliment auction houses. They just aren't sustainable. Soon, everything will be selling for 1 plat and then no one would be bothered to do it.

Until I figure out how to cut you and sell for 0 plat!!! ;)

The current trade system is a pain in PS4 IMO. However it would be better to just have a "buy now" store and not a bid for 24 hours AH.

Edited by (PS4)SUZOOKUS_MAXIMUS

Okay, I don't know if you guys are experienced traders. But you really shouldn't be 'spamming' the trade chat, because most mods are useless to people.

Find a mod people desire, DO NOT MAX IT, it's a waste of time unless it's Serration, Heavy Caliber etc. you get the point.

Wait for someone to actually want to buy something. Whisper and sell it to them for a fair price.

If you want to spam a line, don't put just one item, have a few desireable items and don't type a whole list.

I make 50 plat a day doing this, if I get serious.

Now let's put in an auction house with the 24 hour limit. There will be guys with a lot of plat who would more or less just want to move stock (they have lots of spares and can't be bothered with trade chat). I'm going to be one of them just to spite the auction house if it ever comes up. What will happen is that because of our massive volume (and the sheer number we can farm per day if dedicated). We will just flood the AH, to the point that even the rarest mods will drop heavily in price.

The pros of this?

- Everything will get much cheaper and those who already have a huge plat reserve will be able to take a greater advantage in the game.

The cons?

- Earning plat becomes a headache, 20 transactions just to get a warframe slot...because those aren't going to change in price.

Newbies will suffer because trade chat is the only way for them to make plat in the early stages of the game and if they're only making 1 or 2 plat per sale. They are going to give in pretty fast.

At the end of the day, people are going to think that the auction house makes things better, but when everything is automated, everything gets cheaper.

You want to make plat in trade chat? Get a few desirables, go find what is actually hot and farm it. Then camp and wait for a buyer, while advertising the more important stock that you have. You'll be surprised how much you can sell.

This^

Every time I've been in the trade chat wanting to trade something, I always get a bite. And I'm always satisfied with what I get.

I thought an auction house or trading post would be good until I actually used the Trade Chat.  You get FAR better deals through live bartering.  It's as simple as that.  If you're in favor of an actual system, you're basically in favor of never getting a great deal.  You turn the investment process into penny stocks.  The only thing a system accomodates is laziness.

In other words, it's easier to rip people off through bartering.

Trade chat's limitations make it much harder on the buyers to seek out better prices, since you have a wall of text you have to search through to find what you want, along with hoping someone selling it is even online at the same time. An auction house would eliminate those issues.

So the seller will have trouble overcharging people? Boo hoo

Until I figure out how to cut you and sell for 0 plat!!! ;)

I would like an AH. The current trade system is a pain in PS4 IMO.

I can imagine that. Hard to type out with a controller, amIright?

Maybe some different system for the PS4 could be put into play, but right now, on the PC, the current way to trade works, so why change it?

I played a lot of MMO's and in only two games that I have played the auction house was a terrible system. One was in Runescape not because of undercutting but because it made the game too easy. Second one was in Allods but that wasn't because of the system itself but the game was designed so there was really nothing worth buying on the auction house apart from one resource and one currency.

People who talk about undercutting are talking about such an extreme occurrence that I never saw happen EVER. people will undercut other people... to a certain margin. Just because there is an auction house doesn't mean you throw out the law of supply and demand.  The people who sell rare mods also want to make a good buck off of it. I doubt they would ever undercut to 1 plat because that is plain stupidity.

If the people spouting undercutting stuff were right than in Runes of Magic the pet catching business would never pay off. People would be selling the rare pets they caught for 10 gold ... it didn't happen. 

Auction House + trading channel should be in most games... there are certain exceptions to the rule but warframe isn't one of them at all. All we have now is a spam chat which is about as useful in making a deal as having a business deal in a pile of maneur.

DO NOT put the Action House ONLINE

Everything that lands in AH with time is less valuable, look how Diablo III was destroyed by that

If you want to see Loki Prime for 20 plat from long-term players that's your will, I would want to don't decrease the prices of items

Just don't...

Edited by EmbedFire

I can imagine that. Hard to type out with a controller, amIright?

Maybe some different system for the PS4 could be put into play, but right now, on the PC, the current way to trade works, so why change it?

Exactly. Whispering to "X-X_XCoolgAmer--X_X_X_dude" is a pain and it can sometimes take 5 minutes to scroll to their name in the list. 

Buyer beware.

I'm not sure how that refutes anything I said. There is no reason it should be easier for either side to rip the other person off. To that end, with the current system, buyers can even rip off sellers who arent aware of the value of the item they're selling. An auction house can prevent that as well.

Please reply with something a little more substantial than "Seller beware." this time.

Everything that lands in AH with time is less valuable, look how Diablo III was destroyed by that

If you want to see Loki Prime for 20 plat from long-term players that's your will, I would want to don't decrease the prices of items

Just don't...

Diablo 3 was destroyed by having terrible drop rates, even worse stat rolls, and gold being near worthless as there was no real gold sink in the game. And in that example, the price of everything kept going up, not down.

I played a lot of MMO's and in only two games that I have played the auction house was a terrible system. One was in Runescape not because of undercutting but because it made the game too easy. Second one was in Allods but that wasn't because of the system itself but the game was designed so there was really nothing worth buying on the auction house apart from one resource and one currency.

People who talk about undercutting are talking about such an extreme occurrence that I never saw happen EVER. people will undercut other people... to a certain margin. Just because there is an auction house doesn't mean you throw out the law of supply and demand.  The people who sell rare mods also want to make a good buck off of it. I doubt they would ever undercut to 1 plat because that is plain stupidity.

If the people spouting undercutting stuff were right than in Runes of Magic the pet catching business would never pay off. People would be selling the rare pets they caught for 10 gold ... it didn't happen. 

Auction House + trading channel should be in most games... there are certain exceptions to the rule but warframe isn't one of them at all. All we have now is a spam chat which is about as useful in making a deal as having a business deal in a pile of maneur.

You believe that people won't sell for 1 plat. If there's an auction house. Get ready to see 6 - 10 copies of almost any rare saying 'Semshol' as the user, going for 1 plat because I have to undercut the guys selling for 2 plat (who will do the same the next day). If you think it won't happen, it will. Game just tilts in favour of the farmers. The only thing holding us back is I can't waste space in trade chat telling everyone the number of each rare I have stocked up.

If you need a some kind of market then this forum is nice, there is a small trading section (tbh it should be much bigger with sub-threads for X Y Z server and maybe platform). There is no need to ruin this game with AH, and I think that devs know about negative aspects of AH in many games.

This is NOT a real life, there are ppl ready to sell anything for any price, and I am sure that the price will decrease with time

All what warframe need is a constant pricecheck

Everybody who want to see alternative of AH (and don't ruin the game) should visit some trading forum, I guess this is best I can show you:
http://forums.d2jsp.org/

Over 14 years of this old game the forum contains:

Topics: 61,049,990Posts: 292,834,326

and game didn't get down with prices

Edited by EmbedFire

I'm not sure how that refutes anything I said. There is no reason it should be easier for either side to rip the other person off. To that end, with the current system, buyers can even rip off sellers who arent aware of the value of the item they're selling. An auction house can prevent that as well.

Please reply with something a little more substantial than "Seller beware." this time.

Buy 'Buyer Beware' I mean that they should take a moment to educate themselves on things like the price of items.

Just don't...

Diablo 3 was destroyed by REAL money auction house because it let you covert ingame currency into real money that you could bank.  If the auction house just stays limited to credits/plat then it will be fine.

If you need a some kind of market then this forum is nice, there is a small trading section (tbh it should be much bigger with sub-threads for X Y Z server and maybe platform). There is no need to ruin this game with AH, and I think that devs know about negative aspects of AH in many games

Trading via forum is sometimes hard. Even if you set a time with the person to meet online, they might not make it or they are in a different timezone and rarely on the same time you are.

Trading via chat is good when there is just a few people in the trade chat. When you have hundreds it's a pain.

On the PC can you just click on their name in chat and whisper them or do you have to type out their name?