Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Live Trading Or Auction House?

KazenoStigma12

The amount of people here with NO understanding of economics is ridiculous.

If you honestly think that everything will start selling for 1 plat JUST because people want to undercut others... that's insane. Even in the global economy, a lot of literally farmable things don't sell for 1 penny. Supply and demand has a way of working things out.

Say Person A is selling something for 100 plat. Person B undercuts for 99 plat. Sure, everyone is going to try to get the deal for 99. And then when that is sold, the price goes back up to 100.

Not only that, but Prices for most things will NEVER go down to 1 plat. For example, if you had Bite, and you wanted to sell. How low would you be willing to go? At a certain point, it's just not worth it to the seller.

TL;DR: Yes an Auction house would be nice. If you think everything would get worked down to being 1 plat, go read about something called economics.

finally some logic.

However, the common person doesn't have time to read up on economics, and those that do, SHOULD know that not everyone knows about economics, so it's useless anyway.

I'm not gonna lie i haven't taken an economics class.  But in my opinion (key word there OPINION) this type of stuff falls under simple logic and/or deductive reasoning.  There are some trolls out there but from what I've seen on this forum these people have enough common sense to not sell stuff for 1 plat.  and what's 1 plat to thousand or millions of players.  It would be gone before you even noticed it was there.  Unless you do what you do currently with the live trade and refresh the AH every second.

If you think that, then you clearly don't actually know what you're talking about. ANYONE spending time on these forums has time to look up basic economic principles.

You are literally in a thread about the game economy. Educate yourself before you post about it.

this is True.  While Game economy and Real Life economy are similar the are also very different at the same time.

Particularly you are right, but this does not change a thing that Action House makes item worthless.

- Oh look, I just made Ember Prime today

- Meh... I can buy it with 1$ sms (you can buy platinum, isn't it?)

- But... but...

- From 100000 of Warframe items on AH only the rarest and maximized mods are worth something, or new content if some1 is selling that next day after release

This is how AH in WF would be

The mods would be only rare, or maximized (like maximized redirection, this takes much more time to do than farming Prime Stuff)

There is no economy between players who play 2 hours per day and 8 hours, you really wan't to give the economy balance between idiot sellers and serious one? This does not have a chance to be stabilized at normal prices

Economy exists between car dealers, IT companies, and other stuff like that. Making a phone costs 40-60$, and they are selling them for 400-500$ to customer - the reason why they won't sell this for 100$ is cuz they have brains

The only game(s) I can think of are Archeage, and maybe guildwars 2.  Archeage quite literally is a "player driven economy"  and it is pretty effective but to pull that off here they would have to make some massive expansions.

Edited by KazenoStigma12

The only game(s) I can think of are Archeage, and maybe guildwars 2.  Archeage quite literally is a "player driven economy"  and it is pretty effective but to pull that off here they would have to make some massive expansions.

You could take a small look-see at the Spiral Knights Auction system. 

The 10% tax after successful selling does help a bit with regulating prices. 

i use to want a market/auction house but i get the feeling prices might go up due to players with a lot of plat buying mods and prime parts that players actually need and selling them at a higher price.so for now i say no to the idea of having one

There is one more thing that shows the difference in items in warframe and other games

Warframe: no random stats, Latron = Latron = Latron = ...

Diablo: pure randomness on items, it means that X Occulus Wand > Y Occulus Wand, or X Griswold Sword > Y Griswold Sword

You won't find better Latron than other Latron (don't say "Prime" cuz its other weapon except similar name)

This will makes prices lower even faster, the prices just never will rise, it will always drop as fck (no matter how slowly - it will still be less worth with every day)

U15 Cutframe

Trading on channel is really good, yeah it can be boring or not that easy, but this will guarantee good amount of plat for item (if not, then u eventually F*** up with ur trading skills)

Less worth everyday ROFL with how fast the lower ones go they they basically don't exist and people aren't gonna lower the price past a certain point no one is that hungy for platinum.  This can be see in the Live chat we already have.  People could under cut each other till it's 1 platinum but they don't they simply are saying i'm willing to sell it for this much and i won't go any lower.  Like a real AH except it's "I'm willing to go any higher".

I guess all of you want everything to be priced at 1 then, because same thing happened in vindictus and pretty much anything not super rare is 1G

1. They recently implemented a system where anything below lvl 22 doesn't give any gold when sold so it doesn't have much value.  2 there are alot on non "super rare" things that sell for 500-1000.  Take Red spider web for example.  The price rises and falls depending on how much of it there is.  and when i gets to low people just sell to in game shops.  As u are probably well aware in Vindictus gold is mainly used for upgrading weapons and armor at  least that what i use it for.  Actually a better example we all know how know how non rare magic powder is I can still sell it for 8000 a piece and have it bought virtually instantly.  U should search some of the things and u would be surprised how much people sell them for.  Heck someone was selling enhancement crystals for 1000 a piece. ENHANCEMENT CRYSTALS!!!  those are so easy to get but because of my lvl there is no profit in going back in farming them my self so i can just use tera spirit remnants and normal spirit remnants to get them up to epic enhancement crystals.  So i just bought them.  As i have stated before the price depends on lvl, amount available, and how easy it is to get.

Also most of the "basically 1 gold" stuff is lower lvl because they don't even get money from missions anymore.  And considering the stuff you put in the AH you got for free price isn't a big deal you're always making profit.

You could take a small look-see at the Spiral Knights Auction system. 

The 10% tax after successful selling does help a bit with regulating prices. 

Yeah good game I played it a while back.  Vindictus also has a tax system.  You get taxed based on how much you want to sell for.  What percent it is I am unsure.

No auction house, it ruined Runescape. Someone selling something? Undercut them by 1 plat and take their sales.

I think GE is just @(*()$ awesome, or there's actually an auction house now?

P.s. Got my account misbanned due to a program I used on a flash game, banned me right after I logged in standing at GE, accused me of macroing, @(*()$ stupid.

To OP:

Auction house could be a good thing as it brings convenience but it can't help if you want to trade items with items, and I don't know how to make it work as Tenno doesn't seem to have somewhere for an auction house.

I also doubt can DE handle it with all the DDoS going on from time to time.

I HATE LIVE TRADING! Its for sick peeps who sut all day and spam al lthe time same to sell one common item for 3 plat, its so oldscool, very old online games have system like this, maybe better make something like in lineage, everyone will sit on the ground and sell stuff like there, but if devs will make auction house u will be not happy anyway, almost all stuff price will be 1p and rare stuff will be much cheaper, anyway i want auction house better then this medieval,vintage system.

Also i want normal chat where you can invite to party people without writing anything but with mouse like in many many other online games, its so vintage system also.

I don't think we need an auction house, but an item listing system would be handy.

Thing is, it has to limit the listings, like how we're currently limited in how many times we can trade daily, a market system needs to limit listings similarly.

That way, people only list a few things, and it's the few things they want to sell, competitively, in the market.

That way, people can still make some good money off of older items but keeping them listed even when the New Hotness comes along with an update.

That way, everyone's not listing everything that have duplicates of for as little as it'll take to move them.

Like, Little Big Planet?  Sharing is great, but imagine how much better playing it would be if a player could only put out 5 levels.  They'd put out their best five levels, not whatever is just "good enough" and they'd phase out stuff that wasn't working to make room for things that might.  That's what Warframe needs of an open listing market.

Auction house is not a good idea for Warframe or in general. Just take one look at Diablo 3 and it's quite evident that it's counterintuitive to the very core of a farming game. The same logic can be applied to Warframe

Why is the auction house system being removed from Diablo III?

The gold and real-money auction houses have provided a convenient and secure system for trading, but it's also become increasingly clear that despite the benefits they provide, they ultimately undermine Diablo’s core gameplay. A big part of Diablo is the thrill of battling demons and finding epic loot. While buying epic loot in the auction houses might be more convenient, it doesn't feel anywhere near as heroic as plowing through a pack of fearsome-looking monsters and having them drop that one awesome item that seems like it was made for your character.

Warframe is at it's core a farming game that gives you incentive to play the actual game to get what you are looking for. So instead of people farming for mods, keys, prime parts to sell to make some platinum. People would just start flipping in the Auction House instead. Thus making it a market simulator rather than the game it is now.

Having all things in the game available to purchace within 2 seconds is also not a good idea. It would ruin a lot of the new player excitement and why would they really want to farm XXX hours of anything if they can simply obtain it by buying it. As it is now you will have to spend quite some time bartering and looking for the right seller / buyer to get what you want. That generate interaction with other players and makes trading a bit of a social thing. Having to met up in the dojo at the trading post to exchange goods. That part of trading would also be gone and you would be left with a inventory browser with a buyout option.

I played Diablo 3 since release and the only way to earn a living and be able to afford upgrade there was to flip. All due to them including a Auction House. Flippers controlled the market and it further widened the gap between those who had and those who did not .While you might think it is a good idea I would think very long and hard before you think about supporting something like that to Warframe.

if u so afraid of auction house then how about auto-chat that only for trading channel or something. so you only have to wait for someone to pm.

That is already what is happening in trading channel. You list either WTS or WTB and wait for someone to PM you. Trading is a "small" feature of this game and should not be made a big feature.