Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Put Servers On Hold

Maou

We are all aware of the constant server problems that has been hitting us Tennos during these past few days.

I know that most if not all of you are fed up already, to the point that even those faceless tennos that has never visited the forums post stuff about "I can't login, halp" or "Omg my run didn't give me anything whyyyy!?" 

That's why I would like to suggest that the server to be put down atm, now I know that this sounds silly but look at it in my PoV, there are tons of threads that has been popping out lately, almost if not all are complaints on why they could't login or why were they booted out of the game.

I think it would be easier for both parties, namely De and the players to have the server put on hold atm. The players could have some sort of rest period, I think this would be better than having to play a game only to be beaten up and thrown away off the server. This for me would probably(I repeat) probably lessen the complain(rage) treads and well, most online games have maintenance periods meaning not a single soul can enter the game. (thats why I was pretty amazed at how de delivered their updates/fixes.

As for De's side, less complaints are always good imo, and I guess more control of the current situation. 

honestly, I have no idea if putting the game on hold would actually help de.

But I'm pretty sure it would help the community calm down abit.

(And who knows, if these said ddos ers are actually players, they would not he able to play like the rest of us)

using:to put on hold rather than shutdown since shutdown is quite a powerful word.

If for nothing else than to simply quell the overwhelming number of "HALP THIS GAME SUX BECAUSE LOGIN FAIL" threads, I'm all for shutting down the servers temporarily. It wouldn't affect me at all since I refuse to play while it's under DDoS attack.

That's like having sex with a stranger with no protection.

I dont think thats a solution.Cause then people will complain or flood the forums with " omg when is servers coming back again" and who knows what!

And people would whine more about their precious little Kubrow's upkeep and boosters expiring.

Given some of the complaint threads today I'd be weary about putting servers on hold.  It's almost as if Warframe was some kind of life support to them and mere fact of some technical difficulties is causing them some kind of severe distress.

Sigh...  It's not as if DE wants to have this downtime/instability.  People need to chill.  I'm darn sure DE has their best people trying to fix things right now.

=/

And people would whine more about their precious little Kubrow's upkeep and boosters expiring.

De would replace them, they have always compensated after something like this happens

Edited by Xuimma

I dont think thats a solution.Cause then people will complain or flood the forums with " omg when is servers coming back again" and who knows what!

I know its not that much of a solution but think of it this way.

As more and more of these crashes/login failure happens, players will continue to degrade and get mad, though these players will most likely loose faith and interest in the game. 

If DE would actually put up this *maintenance* period, it will most likely tell players that the game is being fixed, and that they should do something else in the meantime.

Yes a lot will probably post those *omg when is server coming back again* threads and I'm sure complaints will still probably rise up but hey I would you rather play the game only to be kicked out constantly due to *issues* ? 

A lesser evil.