Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Supporting Their Own Clan/alliance In Ds By The Wrong Way

EviLxKR

So I joined a game of Dark Sector PvP earlier today, I was on the challenger team.

Then one of my "teammate" was throwing Castanas to himself just to suicide, not only once, which made the mission impossible to finish, since you only got 20 lifes as challengers.

Hopefully there's someway to prefend this to happen in future games. I mean if everyone is doing like this, this whole game type is totally not enjoyable.

You could still just run up and not attack.

that's true

Each person should get 5 lives each, thats how I would fix it. Its not even if they are doing it on purpose, I had someone who was actually trying but he was bad at PvP and drained down like 15 of our lives

maybe something like this ^ would work better then

I thought a recent hotfix made it so people couldn't run against their clan or alliance?

Yes but that does not prevent people who are 'with' the opposing clan/alliance from running it on an acc that is not in it or just leave the clan/alliance to sabotage the other side.

So I joined a game of Dark Sector PvP earlier today, I was on the challenger team.

Then one of my "teammate" was throwing Castanas to himself just to suicide, not only once, which made the mission impossible to finish, since you only got 20 lifes as challengers.

Hopefully there's someway to prefend this to happen in future games. I mean if everyone is doing like this, this whole game type is totally not enjoyable.

That sort of gameplay may be considered griefing, report the player instead of complaining here

if your gunna complain about the dark sectors they should just stop playing them. problem solved. dark sectors will be the ruin of warframe if there not fixed soon

I hate this logic so much because it doesn't help anyone at all, how does that help make it playable? Any thread that highlights the flaw of dark sectors isn't complaining. It's called feedback and it helps progress. Sure, DS may not be good by now but by giving them feedback and giving ideas how to improve can make the game-play more enjoyable. Personally, I think that PvP has no right to be in a PvE game but since it looks like this version of DS will be the norm, might as well make it better by giving feedback.

Edited by im2insane

this really sucks to hear..report the player in a support ticket and see if DE takes any action.

this, and we need to keep up the "honour of being a tenno", those people arent close to a tenno

i hope warframe doesnt do the move into one of this dumb egoshooters

I thought something like this would eventually happen. Maybe they can get rid of self inflicted damage in ds or something

Nah then there'd be no penalty for using an Ogris at your feet for someone close to you.

Wow, people will find -any- way to cheat the system. Hey guys, let's take shortcuts and exploits to win!

Sad truth; if there is a mean for someone to ensure or greatly improve their chance of victory, expect them to not pull any punches, ESPECIALLY against random internet people. Conclave can have some kind of honor code for fair play, for example, but if Joe Random doesn't gives a damn about that self imposed code, you'll have 3 people left dealing with someone who does all he can to win, even if they consider all he does cheap.

Even more so if there's no negative repercussions whatsoever. So if they get away with gaining an edge in Dark Sector to make sure their clan/alliance keeps / takes over a node, expect the tactic to be used until someone of authority steps in or they hardcode something to prevent it.

---

Otherwise, another solution would be to be auto-kicked from the match if you self-terminate 3 times, leaving all 17 left over spawns shared between the 3 remaining players.

Edited by Wiegraf