Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Running

superbananas69

I am a player that usually plays solo on most missions except for survival, MD, etc. After getting into higher level missions, I decided I needed help and decided to switch to a public match. 

As soon as I start a game with almost anyone, they immediatly take off and rush straight to wherever they need to go, just barely bothering to slash enemies on the way. 

To me, this completely ruins the experience and takes away almost all weapon play. Usuallly I'm left in the dust due to my slow warframe and usually die from all the enemies left behind.

...Anyone else have this problem?

Normally Id be with you.,..dont understand speed running, but what do you expect people to do?  If people arent new or arent leveling weapons or frames, one shot from most of their weapons or abilities will put a mob down.  Until the mobs are like, lvl 45-50+, theres no need to duck and cover and be all strategical.  Theres no vistas really to be had, theres no exploring...

Warframe is a hack and slash game like diablo 3...but a space ninja shooter.

Normally Id be with you.,..dont understand speed running, but what do you expect people to do?  If people arent new or arent leveling weapons or frames, one shot from most of their weapons or abilities will put a mob down.  Until the mobs are like, lvl 45-50+, theres no need to duck and cover and be all strategical.  Theres no vistas really to be had, theres no exploring...

Warframe is a hack and slash game like diablo 3...but a space ninja shooter.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't mean "be srategical." I just like to go on through levels at least killing some enemies, otherwise this is just parkour simulator 2014.

After hundreds of hours, killing mobs when you have everything is a waste of their time.

This happens in all games like this. Eventually there is a breaking point where people absentmindedly/willingly rush.

Go back to solo if that bothers you honestly. It's not gonna go away. Or play with friends.

I'm not defending them btw. Rushing past a certain point annoys me greatly, but I deal with it because I have to until friends are on, or I don't play.

It happens a lot, for a variety of reasons.  Mostly, people are impatient or are short on time.

Yeah that sucks. It just seems that if you were going to speed rush through a level you would do that solo.

I would be on solo too but I can't get through some missions.

I speed run.  I also almost exclusively run Voids unless I'm key hunting or farming Neural Sensors (Vor drops Orokin Cells all over).

Why?

Time is money.  My primary goal is hoarding platinum off of trade chat.  I have everything in the game, I don't have anything to work for.  Time I spend going slowly through a mission is time I could be making platinum.  With a job and school to worry about I don't have time to dawdle around in missions without making significant progress.  Call it powergaming/newbie exploitation.  I call it efficiency and capitalism.

Of course, when I have RL friends that start off Warframe and are new to the game, I will run slowly with them and use unleveled gear to give them a better experience in the game.  But I have no such time or empathy with online people I don't even know.

Sorry if I sound harsh here, but I'm just expressing my honest opinion.  I wouldn't be surprised if others thought like me so figured I'd play devil's advocate.

Your best bet is to find a like-minded group of friends or a clan that agrees with your slow and methodical playstyle.  There are plenty of players out there with your mentality, try to find some to play with to enjoy the game more.

Edited by GravesTheOutlaw

Yeah that sucks. It just seems that if you were going to speed rush through a level you would do that solo.

I would be on solo too but I can't get through some missions.

I know how that goes, and I agree about solo'ing if you're just rushing.

The only suggestion I can make is, expand your friends list and/or find a decent clan that you can run with.  

welcome to warframe post-openbeta OP

honestly it's kinda DE's fault

they've given us awesome set-piece tilesets, at least a few neato secret/hidden spots, tools to traverse the terrain (still need some work here)

but at the same time, DE has done almost NOTHING to incentivize anything besides killing as many mobs as possible as fast as possible

thusly survival missions are the most played missions, because in general they give the most rewards the fastest (previously endless defense missions, but def rewards dont stack), and any mission that isnt a wave surv/def mission is basically: do XYZ, then run to extract ASAP

DE has had tons of time and opportunity to make the enemies smarter/harder, give the AI more abilities to use against us, incentivize exploratory gameplay, etc 

but for whatever reason they seem perfectly fine with over 50% of their playerbase completely rushing through their entire game, all the level designers have to be crying themselves to sleep every night I imagine =[

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

I'm a space ninja who concentrates on the objective and does it effectively. I'm not a tourist who's on a sight-seeing stroll around random places. So I rush, as everyone should. I don't however leave enemies alive on my path except maybe one or two stragglers I missed.

Having a slow frame doesn't matter, you can rush with them just as well if you can parkour.

I'm a space ninja who concentrates on the objective and does it effectively. I'm not a tourist who's on a sight-seeing stroll around random places. So I rush, as everyone should. I don't however leave enemies alive on my path except maybe one or two stragglers I missed.

Having a slow frame doesn't matter, you can rush with them just as well if you can parkour.

Maybe its just that I've been getting crappy matchups, but it just seems like the people I go with just run through the level, not touching a single soul, just leaving them bunched up at doors.

Trust me I don't walk around the level by any means... it's just that it would be nice if I could actually not be left in the dust to be killed by all the untouched enemies. I get left so far behind that on boss stages, by the time I arrive, the boss is dead and the other players are 3/4 of the way to extraction.

Maybe its just that I've been getting crappy matchups, but it just seems like the people I go with just run through the level, not touching a single soul, just leaving them bunched up at doors.

Trust me I don't walk around the level by any means... it's just that it would be nice if I could actually not be left in the dust to be killed by all the untouched enemies. I get left so far behind that on boss stages, by the time I arrive, the boss is dead and the other players are 3/4 of the way to extraction.

If you want specific type of players in your squad, the only option is to use recruiting chat/forum or your friends/clan/alliance. Don't rely on random matchmaking.

I will put it like this. I have I beat people to the extract using Nyx with a hobbled key on killing mobs along the way. If you refuse to copter how can anyone really be expected to wait for you. We all know coptering makes up for most speed differences.

Not to be rude and I tell you this from experience. If your not really into the skipping mobs and coptering then solo what you can. Most players will not change because of your complaint. It is a common one.

Edit:

OP you are super new. Disregard the tone above.

Go here and learn about coptering https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poEwm3iBZoY

The video is out dated so this applies to many weapons now including dual ichors, amphis, bo, etc.

Look for weapons with a fast attack speed but stay away from fist, polearms, in fact just stick to swords, staves, & dual swords.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Comparison

Find something with a a relatively fast attack speed (1.0 or more) and apply the advice in the video.

Once you learn to copter this will no longer be an issue.

If you refuse to then it will be an issue in any game mode that can be rushed in public.

Edited by TheGuy08

As I have told many players before. 

COMMUNICATION

Have you spoken up? Did you ask "do you guys mind not rushing?i'd like to enjoy the content." If you do not vocalize yourself in game, how are others in games with you supposed to know that they are going to fast for you?

Not to be rude and I tell you this from experience. If your not really into the skipping mobs and coptering then solo what you can. Most players will not change because of your complaint. It is a common one.

I don't really want or expect anyone to change their playstyles because one guy can't keep up.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and/or has noticed it.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't mean "be srategical." I just like to go on through levels at least killing some enemies, otherwise this is just parkour simulator 2014.

But thats sort of how the low-mid level game is.  Unless mobs are 50+, it takes one poof from a soma and or whatever gun, and they go down.  

If you really want to experience challenge, get yourself into a nice survival run or defense or something.  Voids are pretty difficult if you hang in there for a while.

All of the missions you see on the map, mostly are just time-fillers and XP fillers.

As I have told many players before. 

COMMUNICATION

Have you spoken up? Did you ask "do you guys mind not rushing?i'd like to enjoy the content." If you do not vocalize yourself in game, how are others in games with you supposed to know that they are going to fast for you?

I have in fact communicated.

Very difficult when the chat starts replying with stuff like "LoL n00b" or "doesn't even know how to copter!"

I would love it for people to listen but it just doesn't happen.

I don't really want or expect anyone to change their playstyles because one guy can't keep up.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and/or has noticed it.

Read my edit and learn if not just deal with it. Players are trying to help you but you came to whine. Take the advice learn to copter or you'll be dealing with this for quite some time. 

I was new once too I probably *@##$ed about this too but I will leave your slow @$$ in the dust without batting an eyelash.

Edited by TheGuy08

I don't mean offense, I really don't, but why should people play to suit your preferences?  If it were 3 people taking their time and 1 rushing, sure, the guy rushing should probly slow down, but if you're the odd one out, well guess what, you need to adapt.

It's a two way street, friend.  If you want people to slow down, you need to learn to speed up.

Use this build to win the race!

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Rhino_prime/t_30_14301143013_1-8-10-9-1-5-16-2-5-20-3-3-26-7-5-29-6-5-104-0-3-105-5-3-106-4-3-107-9-3-258-10-3_104-2-9-5-16-6-20-7-106-5-105-4-29-4-26-6-1-14-107-7-258-10_68/en/1-0-23

:0

RHINO PRIME
300HEALTH
1110SHIELD CAPACITY
150POWER
70.5/secSHIELD RECHARGE
190ARMOR
200STAMINA
1.40SPRINT SPEED
-60%WALLRUN STAMINA COST
--------------------------------------
+30%SLIDE
+100%SHIELD TO STAMINA
+25%SPEED
-5%BASE POWER STRENGTH

I don't mean offense, I really don't, but why should people play to suit your preferences?  If it were 3 people taking their time and 1 rushing, sure, the guy rushing should probly slow down, but if you're the odd one out, well guess what, you need to adapt.

It's a two way street, friend.  If you want people to slow down, you need to learn to speed up.

Honestly I mistakenly joined a public Phorid assassination. Your dam right I rushed ahead killed him and went to the extract. Then again the minute one guy got their and I saw 2 lagging I went back to make sure they would make it (and stop the count). Coptering needs to be shown but new player usually do not learn about this without a negative experience first.

If there's one thing I learned from 4 player co-op games, the person who breaks off usually gets f***** up too far away to be saved. (Looking at you L4D.)