Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Running

superbananas69

I will put it like this. I have I beat people to the extract using Nyx with a hobbled key on killing mobs along the way. If you refuse to copter how can anyone really be expected to wait for you. We all know coptering makes up for most speed differences.

Not to be rude and I tell you this from experience. If your not really into the skipping mobs and coptering then solo what you can. Most players will not change because of your complaint. It is a common one.

Edit:

OP you are super new. Disregard the tone above.

Go here and learn about coptering https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poEwm3iBZoY

The video is out dated so this applies to many weapons now including dual ichors, amphis, bo, etc.

Look for weapons with a fast attack speed but stay away from fist, polearms, in fact just stick to swords, staves, & dual swords.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Comparison

Find something with a a relatively fast attack speed (1.0 or more) and apply the advice in the video.

Once you learn to copter this will mo longer be an issue.

If you refuse to then it will be an issue in any game mode that can be rushed in public.

Thanks for the help.

So here's some food for thought: as a player that's pretty much polished off the ability to clean out rooms if I wanted to, I've moved onto the point where I want to feel more like a high-mobility ninja than a brawling super soldier. The experience of being an objective-based constantly-pressured agent against an entire shopgirl of grunts actually is more appealing to me as a player right now. Efficient, lethal, streamlined from a mission perspective. The ultimate accomplishment is running a capture, spy, deception, or ideally a high level assassination without killing any single non-mission-essential entity. Try that on nightmare. It's a different way of playing the game, and while I understand the want to dominate your opponent so thoroughly there isn't a soul on the ship, the idea that the grineer marines couldn't stop you from slipping through their fingers is as satisfying if not moreso than emptying the ship's population.

So here's some food for thought: as a player that's pretty much polished off the ability to clean out rooms if I wanted to, I've moved onto the point where I want to feel more like a high-mobility ninja than a brawling super soldier. The experience of being an objective-based constantly-pressured agent against an entire shopgirl of grunts actually is more appealing to me as a player right now. Efficient, lethal, streamlined from a mission perspective. The ultimate accomplishment is running a capture, spy, deception, or ideally a high level assassination without killing any single non-mission-essential entity. Try that on nightmare. It's a different way of playing the game, and while I understand the want to dominate your opponent so thoroughly there isn't a soul on the ship, the idea that the grineer marines couldn't stop you from slipping through their fingers is as satisfying if not moreso than emptying the ship's population.

Hmmmm.

Guess I never thought about it that way.

Related question: do many people still look for treasure rooms in void Capture/MD keys? In my eyes, their transmutation fodder worth much more than some throwaway prime part, but I've given up on playing with other people as 90% of the time they refuse to do anything but rush through the mission.

It's something that's fallen by the wayside on DE's end as well, with every other major update somewhat degrading the value of treasure hunting (U10+: No new mods added to crate tables; U12: Amount of treasure rooms spawned greatly reduced; U13: Minor treasure rooms (pipe room, turret room) replaced with empty caps; U14: treasure crates in big double-elevator room removed).

Edited by Spacetimer

Related question: do many people still look for treasure rooms in void Capture/MD keys? In my eyes, they're worth much more than some throwaway prime part, but I've given up on playing with other people as 90% of the time they refuse to do anything but rush through the mission.

It's something that's fallen by the wayside on DE's end as well, with every other major update somewhat degrading the value of treasure hunting (U10+: No new mods added to crate tables; U12: Amount of treasure rooms spawned greatly reduced; U13: Minor treasure rooms (pipe room, turret room) replaced with empty caps; U14: treasure crates in big double-elevator room removed).

I used to but honestly with the quality of loot nowadays it's really not worth it, especially if it means risking getting left behind.

I used to but honestly with the quality of loot nowadays it's really not worth it, especially if it means risking getting left behind.

I did as well, but then someone "explained" to me that quantity over quality was how to play.  Why search for treasure rooms when you make more by doing more missions, faster?  

I still take my time and hit up the treasure rooms.  Sure, I don't get all the shiny bits as quickly, but I'm having fun playing this game. 

EDIT: I do rush invasions though.  Because they are boring.

Edited by Noamuth

I am a player that usually plays solo on most missions except for survival, MD, etc. After getting into higher level missions, I decided I needed help and decided to switch to a public match. 

As soon as I start a game with almost anyone, they immediatly take off and rush straight to wherever they need to go, just barely bothering to slash enemies on the way. 

To me, this completely ruins the experience and takes away almost all weapon play. Usuallly I'm left in the dust due to my slow warframe and usually die from all the enemies left behind.

...Anyone else have this problem?

I started up WF close to a year ago and quit two days into it due to this.  I had no idea what I was doing, and everyone I'd get matched up with would just fly through the level, leaving me wondering WTF I was even supposed to be doing.  I only picked it back up again because a handful of my IRL friends started playing it together, and as a team, we were able to learn the game and how it was supposed to be played without people leaving us behind.  

Though, in fairness, because the game is so grind-oriented, it has lead people to speed-running.  You see it in dungeons and raids in other grindy MMOs - once people get the gist of it, they want to do it as quickly and efficiently as possible.  I can't fault DE for this, but I can at least empathise for new players.  It was the single biggest obstacle for me.

It's a game, not a job, play the way you want to play. Being that it seems you have a preference to play an explorer style, you may be better served using the recruit tab to recruit like minded players rather than to subject yourself to the randomness of the automated match making. Learning how to play the rush style also may be enjoyable, as passing a poorly skilled rusher while they bleed out and subsequently rage quit is funny. Schadenfreude goes both ways.

Look for weapons with a fast attack speed but stay away from fist, polearms

Polearms (and now also Katana's) are one of the best, if not the best, mobility weapons.

Reason: Because most rooms in Warframe aren't long hallways. Polearms and Katana's provide a much better control of fast-dashes, which are ideal for most rooms.

Fast-dashes shown in the video bellow where I'm demonstrating Dragon Nikana (but same applies to Orthos Prime):

While Zorens have a single dash that exeeds that of Orthos Prime, the superfast dashes are a much better option due to the map layout usually consisting of small rooms where the Zoren dash can't be used to its full potential.

This can probably be fixed if they removed increased speed when attacking while in a slide.  Or increased speed from sliding at all.  I avoid public play like the plague because of speed runners.  It kills the fun when by the time I finish loading the level the boss is already dead.  I really don't care how easy or hard the boss actually is, the fact he dies before I get there is reason to just do it solo.

Nobody is obliged to hold your hand! When you go into a mission it's your responsibility to have the gear that allows you to survive alone.You could blame this on lack of teamplay, but it's what you'd have to do anyways if your teammates died. 

Rushing to your objective is something an actual ninja would do, so you cannot blame people for playing in a ninja like fashion instead of waiting for you. This game is about space ninjas not space turtles, be happy that you're allowed to play however you want and don't force others to adapt to you.

Nobody is obliged to hold your hand! When you go into a mission it's your responsibility to have the gear that allows you to survive alone.You could blame this on lack of teamplay, but it's what you'd have to do anyways if your teammates died. 

Rushing to your objective is something an actual ninja would do, so you cannot blame people for playing in a ninja like fashion instead of waiting for you. This game is about space ninjas not space turtles, be happy that you're allowed to play however you want and don't force others to adapt to you.

What I got from this;

Don't force people to change their play styles to suit yours.

Change your play style to suit everyone else.

When I go solo, I tend to go into all rooms, break all containers and loot cabins while looking everywhere to see if I can discover a new secret room that I did not know about.

And kill everything.

When in a group, I aim for efficency.

Get in, get the job done, get the frack out of there.

Everything in my way gets mowned down, and if I miss someone, I rely on my teammates to get them.

I like to play as Volt, and often I will stop so that I can give the people at the back a surge of speed so that they can catch up.

But if they insist on being slow, I will leave them, because the fun is at the front, not at the back.

The main problem is that fundamentally, rushers are selfish. They are effectively trying to play the game single player style, but use their team as extra firepower, safety net. But then they don't appreciate the help and leave you behind, allowing mobs to spawn behind them. I've NEVER had anyone slow down when asked.

They want all others to conform to THEIR playstyle and limit frame use, mod use to allow for "coptering" etc. Of course, if you're in a tanky frame and they are coptering in a speed modified frame you'll never catch up, even with that guide above.

Unfortunately the game is designed to motivate this due to the grind. And there's really no downside since most of the levels are easy and the risk of people going down is low. And of course once half the team shows up to the exit, they'll never even wait that extra 5 seconds for someone to catch up.

In short, they are not team players and if you find one, put them on your ignore list. And in my rulebook, they are a caustic force in the community and don't deserve help, revives, or assistance in pointing out mobs.