Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Thinks Blood Gore Isn't Appealing Enough And Needs Enhancement?

zavienh5

Splitting and dismemberment is more easily done with high slash damage weapons and if your damage exceeds the enemy health a great deal. I think they changed it to that system with the introduction of Damage 2.0.

TL;DR: Try high slash damage weapons!

its because of performance and being suitable for the mass. most systems out there running warframe are damn granny computers, or even worse... a console. imagine 1000 infested on map #*($%%@ up in a cloud of blood and guts... that means thousands of peices squirting shaders and particles...
and this would also mean PEGI would be 18 and all these kids out there cant play and spend their bucks and pocket money.

so there will be no gore 2.0... not even august 31. 2069 ;)

its because of performance and being suitable for the mass. most systems out there running warframe are damn granny computers, or even worse... a console. imagine 1000 infested on map #*($%%@ up in a cloud of blood and guts... that means thousands of peices squirting shaders and particles...

and this would also mean PEGI would be 18 and all these kids out there cant play and spend their bucks and pocket money.

What rock have you been living under? Warframe IS PEGI 18.

NO, has to be GORE, I mean this game is PEGI 18...so yea...

Seriously DE, if you want to make Gore 2.0 please check out the Brutal Doom mod for Doom 1 & 2 (works even with plutonia)!

One guy did it all, in a 20 year old engine and it looks superb so if he could do that so can you and even better. Trust me, you won't regret watching a few clips about Brutal Doom...

Edit: Things that would be very very nice to see:

More blood, more limp chopping, shooting off limbs, screaming Grineer after being cut in half, robots and MOA's spaying oil and stumbling before colapsing to the ground, blood that stays on melee weapons and an idle animation of warframes cleaning their melee in missions (when there are no enemies around), huge blood sprays after headshots (maybe even a half second stun on enemies behind the headshoted one, that would be epic lol) and similar stuff. Good gore means more fun, for 90% of players. At least think about it DE :)

Edited by zombisa

I used to be able to slice Corpus crapmen in half with a Marelok.

What happened to that?

Yeah a lot of the gore was taken out.

Im going to say because all the different body parts took up extra memory that could be used somewhere else but it's more likely that they toned it down to reach a wider audience without getting into trouble.

I never understood the internet's obsession with gore. And no, it is not needed just because the game is rated M. Go and play Mortal Kombat if you want decapation and ketchup.

But then how would I play with my Strun Wriath? :>

No but seriously- a little more gore is necessary because at the moment the gore on Warframe can easily be beaten by 4 strings of red confetti and a dab of red paint.

I never understood the internet's obsession with gore. And no, it is not needed just because the game is rated M. Go and play Mortal Kombat if you want decapation and ketchup.

The reason I kept playing this game, is because when I first fired it up over a year ago, I thought I could cut people in half.