Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Feedback [Megathread]

noveltyhero

Btw, any opinions on Rescue-like Raid? Is the general idea worth working on?

I personally do not see that being a good option until a way to command the Kubrow, your stealth approach might be different to mine. My way is to clear the room in under 5 seconds with carefully planning, yours might be to take 50 seconds and carefully path out your movement.

5m seems to be the "attack sphere" i mention the kubrows needs to be in so he can launch his attacks.

At 4:43 in the vid i show examples where im being shot at and you can see that the kubrow does nothing until i get close enough that enemies reach his attack sphere. This 5m range was probably put into place because if it was bigger than that your kubrow may end up in a different tile far away from you if he decided to attack things that are on the edge of his sphere. When i did that Interception mission i lost him several times because there were enough enemies in a close enough space and he just went on his own killing.

A possible change to this may be that instead of having an attack sphere where the kubrow attacks anything around you his targeting could actually be controlled by your field of vision. Whatever your crosshairs are looking at is what the kubrow will actually attack. This does have the disadvantage of loosing some of his defensive capabilities since attacking what you see means he will not attack what you dont see.

The whole vid was a Raksa, the howl, as far as i know, is a Raksa only ability, right?

I just started breeding a Sahasa now and in a couple of days i will take it out and see how this type performs.

You are shown the requirements for the kubrow once you have the node installed so when you go to the market and see the price of that incubator i think that should be enough of a warning that this thing is not for newer players.

If that is not enough of a warning, like i said, i dont see as a problem moving it to a higher area but the mission needs to be super hard if an egg is given as a reward.

Or you could just target an  enemy and your kubrow it attack the said enemy you targeted

Or you could just target an  enemy and your kubrow it attack the said enemy you targeted

Most enemies in this game die too fast for single targeting to be useful.

You will most likely end up with a Kub just running back and forth not doing anything a lot of the time because the enemy he was send to kill ended up dead before he got there. This is why Kubs need to have a bit of "independence" when it comes to targeting.

If he targets the area you are looking at that means that he will look for an enemy there and will likely find one even when most have died. Unless you are nuking with Pentas or abilities there will likely be enemies left when he gets to the area. . .

I guess at really high levels of defense, if you take them there, targeting specific targets is more useful since there are most heavies and eximus around. DE could combine both methods.

I didn't read the whole thread so I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet.

About experience sharing. If I do the kills myself, with either a weapon or an ability, the kubrow only gets very little xp. When I'm in a group where I do half the kills and the other half is done by other players, the kubrow gets multiple times more xp even if the total kill count for the mission is the same.

I'd like to be able to level up kubrows more efficiently without having to leech on squad kills. They should get the same amount of xp for my and my teammates' kills.

Levelled my second Kubrow (Raksa) to 30 in under 3 hours. By my standards that was pretty fast and I think the XP rate is fine, more details:

-No Potato

-All ability mods at default rank

-Medium rank Link Health

-Near Max Pack Leader

Played Trinity, Nyx, Nova, Nyx, Trinity, Trinity in various MD and Interception mid level games.

I think using Pack Leader may award the Kubrow more XP, (not sure need confirmation on that) I always use it on Kubrows and I melee a lot

Most enemies in this game die too fast for single targeting to be useful.

You will most likely end up with a Kub just running back and forth not doing anything a lot of the time because the enemy he was send to kill ended up dead before he got there. This is why Kubs need to have a bit of "independence" when it comes to targeting.

True enough. The solution for that would be the minion system from the Overlord franchise. You get to have two commands, attack (towards the general direction you're looking at the moment) and follow (come back to you no matter what), holding the attack command also allows you to move your minions around in a certain limited fashion as if you're dragging a mouse cursor around with a gamepad. It could work well with Warframe:

Edited by CapricaSix

Levelled my second Kubrow (Raksa) to 30 in under 3 hours. By my standards that was pretty fast and I think the XP rate is fine, more details:

-No Potato

-All ability mods at default rank

-Medium rank Link Health

-Near Max Pack Leader

Played Trinity, Nyx, Nova, Nyx, Trinity, Trinity in various MD and Interception mid level games.

I think using Pack Leader may award the Kubrow more XP, (not sure need confirmation on that) I always use it on Kubrows and I melee a lot

I can level them fast too. The point is that they get much more xp from squad kills than my own/kubrow's own kills.

This has probably been mentioned already, but the arbitrary wait times suck. An hour and a half to create an imprint makes me not want to create anymore. Why? Because I'm without my leveling kubrow for an hour and a half unless I want to shell out 10p. And I don't. Furthermore, the 48 hour hatch time is ridiculous. I ended up rushing my second kubrow because I didn't want to wait for it like I had with the first one. It sucked. Can it be shortened to 12 hours or at the most one day? The two login reward rotation is also a deterrant from wanting to make anymore, let alone being unable to get rid of kubrow you no longer want. Why can we not sell them or release them?

An hour and a half to create an imprint makes me not want to create anymore. Why? Because I'm without my leveling kubrow for an hour and a half unless I want to shell out 10p. And I don't.

That's why I start imprints before I log out for the night. ;)

Time for breeding/maturing: Takes about as long as building a new warframe, so it's nothing new from my point of view. Only thing that really should be shortened or altered are the 3 hours for thawing them from stasis.

Edited by Bibliothekar

So, let me get this straight:

If we have a Kubrow and we don't put them in stasis and SOMETHING comes up that prevents us from playing for a week.... we're screwed because our Kubrow NEEDS us to log in and pet them or they'll effing die?

You're punishing me for taking a week to visit my friggin' grandmother??

True enough. The solution for that would be the minion system from the Overlord franchise. You get to have two commands, attack (towards the general direction you're looking at the moment) and follow (come back to you no matter what), holding the attack command also allows you to move your minions around in a certain limited fashion as if you're dragging a mouse cursor around with a gameplay. It could work well with Warframe:

That's actually a pretty streamlined (heh) method that could work. I was going to make a video with Republic Commando that uses something like this that was going to streamline to something like this. I guess i'll still make it so show options but i like this.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

If we have a Kubrow and we don't put them in stasis and SOMETHING comes up that prevents us from playing for a week.... we're screwed because our Kubrow NEEDS us to log in and pet them or they'll effing die?

Since they halved health degradation, you have 20 days (almost three weeks) now, before your Kubrow dies.

That's why I start imprints before I log out for the night. ;)

Time for breeding/maturing: Takes about as long as building a new warframe, so it's nothing new from my point of view. Only thing that really should be shortened or altered are the 3 hours for thawing them from stasis.

Even then, it only takes 12 hours to build a warframe component. If you have all components built at once, it's still less time than breeding kubrows. IMO, 12 hrs. is plenty long enough for an egg to hatch.

I do, however, agree with you wholeheartedly on the stasis thawing. That needs to be shortened considerably. 3 hrs. is kind of ridiculous. Say I want to switch to my huras so I can safely desecrate with Nekros. Having to wait 3 hours just to go farm for 3 more is, in my opinion, a bit much.

I couldn't see any feedback regarding this (sorry if there was) but my Kubrow seems to change size constantly whilst playing. Its head height sits at Loki's shoulders whilst in the Liset but upon starting a mission it's smaller and then throughout the mission it reaches the same height as my frame. I use the standard precept mods, link health/shields, loyal companion, pack leader, maul and none of them mention a size adjustment. Upon testing all of the Kubrow types it only happens on my Sunika.

That's actually a pretty streamlined (heh) method that could work. I was going to make a video with Republic Commando that uses something like this that was going to streamline to something like this. I guess i'll still make it so show options but i like this.

Wasn't Republic Commando squad commands more like Rainbow Six Vegas-ish? Like you have to assign an area for your team to attack/defend and they get cover in the closest spot possible or wait in the open like idiots lol. Not sure but it could work since Kubrows don't take cover. Though I like the idea of being able to sic your kubrow on people, giving it a general direction, rather than marking an area. :P

Well since this is the mega feedback thread, I would like to add my own feedback regarding Kubrows. 

Let me start off by saying that I've always been a fan who liked having pets, companions, etc following me around in any game and the Warframe sentinels did a great job in helping you through various methods so when I first heard about Kubrows I was pretty stoked and unlike the general opinion, it did not live up to the hype for me.

Getting a Kubrow is a pain in the behind.

Maintaining a Kubrow is a pain in the behind.

Fighting with a Kubrow is a pain in the behind.

Leveling a Kubrow is a pain in the behind.

Modding a Kubrow is a pain in the behind.

I think I pretty much summed it up. It took me about one week to obtain my Kubrow because of the needed Argon Crystal and the egg so when I finally got the items, waiting two more days for it to hatch was disappointing to say the least. I know you want to make it realistic but we're freaking space ninja's, I think we should have technology that can hatch an egg faster than 2 days. But that's not when the disappointment ends, because after he hatched he had to mature for ANOTHER TWO DAYS! But this time, it was worse! Because his stats were being degraded! THE CHEESE BOX?! After two days I ended up wasting 100,000 to up his stats again and by that time my interest in them ha been completely destroyed and the only reason I continued was because I had the "Too much effort and time to waste" mindframe. 

So I finally get him, take him in for a mission and notice how darn gosh boring it is. (I got the scare Kubrow) I feel like fighting with it is completely useless compared to taking my carrier sentinel and trying to get the carrier sentinel- like Kubrow would just be way too much effort so I put this one to sleep and will most likely never touch the system again.

It's just too much work for so little payback. A randomised species, still have to collect mods, still have to level up said level 10 mods, still have to take care of him DAILY? And i'm not even going to start on the effort that has to be put for breeding.

The easiest suggestion to make it worth it is to let us take out sentinels AND Kubrows.  Everything above is made worse TEN TIMES when I know I have a cheaper, more efficient, and easily available alternative with me. If I could take both, I will take Kubrows for sure, but as it is, #CarrierForever .

Oh, and Kubrow's mods do not show in "Installed" when I am trying to update a mod on a Kubrow.   

In fact, can you change the UI layout for that? A Pull-down menu to select more categories? Kubrow, Shotgun, Bow, etc..  things that by now deserve their own categories.

Edited by Alienami