Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Color (Set) Sharing Program Redux

Casardis

This is a continuation, or more like a refresh, of Ctrax's topic. It's made due to the changes brought upon us with U14.0.9, which technically made more than 50 pages of sharing almost obsolete. However

While this is true to many, it also opened opportunities to try other kind of things for some. In that sense, I thought it would be reasonable to start a-new with the sharing. That way, people who previously couldn't find something of their liking may find something different yet interesting here!

For convenience sake, I will steal borrow Code-X7's color naming method. You obviously don't have to, but it might make things easier for certain people when sharing, if you don't have all the images to provide.

Nq9Pd8X.jpg

LET THE HAPPY SHARING CONTINUE!

EDIT (01/08/2014)

As of 14.1.2, it's possible to pick the Legacy palette, which uses similar tones to the old colors.

I put emphasis on similar because it's not exactly the same. However, it's still quite close (mostly lighter), and so many color options from previous thread isn't rendered obsolete as it was! This also means that you technically have double the color customization, since you can actually use colors from the Legacy palette with the new colors!

All you have to do is toggle accordingly whenever you change a color channel to get the color you want. An easier way to do it is to favorite colors from the Legacy palette that you want to use with the new one, and it will save as separate colors in the favorite tab.

Edited by Casardis

With my Saryn color set. I call this the Venomous Blossom, since I had in mind the idea of making her plant and flower-like, to go along with her fungi-ish appearance on some areas. I also had in mind the idea of a snake.

All in all, the colors aren't too saturated and focus more on certain contrasts between the washed out tones. The new, more vibrant changes to colors really enhanced her appearance IMO. Since I dislike the diamond patterns on her, the color combination of channel 2 and 3 makes them almost invisible, while still creating different tones in other areas.

bfiCWael.jpg

*Ignore the favorite-marked. Look only at the cursor*

Warframe

Channel 1: Classic - C3  //  Channel 2: Ice - A16

qvxKwm0l.jpgRk5lx2kl.jpg

Channel 3: Gamma - D11  //  Channel 4: Grineer - C8

Aej9htgl.jpgM8Ig8E7l.jpg

Channel 5: Fire - A5

8ZQHc5kl.jpg

Iliac Armor

PceOSGwl.jpg

Channel 1: Grineer - C16  //  Channel 2: Gamma - B2

PToVlgPl.jpgLVUBABZl.jpg

Channel 3: Classic - A3  //  Channel 4: Classic - B3

MPDDK0Vl.jpgCpy8NoJl.jpg

Channel 5: Fire - A5

8ZQHc5kl.jpg

Edited by Casardis
  • Like 1

This should do just fine.  A nice fresh start now that the colors have been fixed.  I may just start posting my color schemes again...

Edit: might as well reserve this space for when I do actually post some color schemes.  I'll update this space with my schemes as I get around to taking screenshots of them.

Edited by Undead_Zeratul

Would like to take some screenshots from the arsenal... if that was not bugged for some reason :/

I can at least show these here. This is my zephyr.

9ggyutA.jpg?1OZuIjJ3.jpg?1

Colors would be:

Black - smoke A18

White - smoke E1

Grey - smoke E12

Red - Halloween A1

Just a standard color set i mostly use to fit on all frames and weapons.

Edited by Airwolfen

Since I dislike the diamond patterns on her, the color combination of channel 2 and 3 makes them almost invisible, while still creating different tones in other areas.

that absolutely ridiculous pattern, is about half the reason why i don't use or own Saryn's Immortal Skin. the only ways i can remove all of the absurd patterns that make her look like something that belongs on the floor as a rug, is to basically have almost every group the same colors. 

which... defeats the purpose of coloring, so i just don't bother.

and maybe i'll repost some of my more used colors... not going to have two posts at the image limit this time though.

Does anyone know how to screenshot while customizing now? the game doesn't seem to let me F6 when in the arsenal anymore..

It usually does that after logging in. Try going into a mission or the dojo and bsck out. It should work in your ship while customizing.

Edited by Casardis

It usually does that after logging in. Try going into a mission or the dojo and back out. It should work in your ship while customizing.

Strange bug and something that fixes it for some random reason... thx, it works.

Next post, abusing screenshots.

Edited by Airwolfen

So these are most of my frames. I have all frames but I don't feel the need to show off all of them as some probable need some work on the scheme or maybe a second scheme overall.

White is mostly the ruling color unless black looks better in terms of making the scheme fit. And not all frames use Gray, this happens when two channels do not have much influence over the overall look. So in some cases there may exist a double of white, black or red.

These are the 4 colors used and only a single frame uses a 5th.

Black - smoke A18
White - smoke E1
Gray - smoke E12
Red - Halloween A1

Not really into calling all the channels but the colors are really distinct so it should not be that hard to replicate.

The color set is actually very new and started on Mirage and decided to roll with it on all frames. After a while i changed the gray to black though as i do not really like the right and left different color stuff. The alt helmet is a necessity imo.
3gnS3uZ.jpg

warning. lots of stuff in this spoiler.

h8zbqdw.jpg
trkROUx.jpg

Ash with immortal skin. wish the leg protectors would show a same kind of scheme as the shoulder guards have though.
5fbbCev.jpg
UtiM3yZ.jpg

Ember prime probable needs a little work on the scheme. maybe a immortal skin will do the trick.
PB62xrO.jpg
fC9XQd9.jpg

Excalibur prime with immortal skin. even though the normal skin has nice lighting on channel, the immortal skin is so much better.
GOuzW6e.jpg
jRRD4o6.jpg

Frost prime is kind of lacking in colors on the front. I love the pattern on the back though. all colors are used, just not as evident.
bx7gpil.jpg
e5lHmcu.jpg

Hydroid. still not sure if I should get the new alt helmet or not. uses double white instead of gray. He has a nice even color scheme though.
gyYW3l2.jpg
hONuwwQ.jpg

Loki prime. not much to say about his scheme. it uses all colors and is pretty close to his stock appearance only with a stronger white and red instead of goldish brown
hONuwwQ.jpg
uIk2Q7m.jpg

Nekros uses double white instead of gray and even then the amount of white is small. But i wanted to keep my mostly red appearance with black through it intact, so it works fine like this.
4M5r5wO.jpg
y52vJuX.jpg

Time for a second post as there are still image limits for some reason...

Second part:

Nova is my only frame that uses 5 colors, as the energy is pink (valentine A5). That is because i like seeing the map explode in pink (best reason ever). maybe I'll let ember p use pink energy as well.
6Y56Ucn.jpg
Bsws6Ij.jpg

Nyx with immortal skin and arcane alt helmet. Main color is red and black as it just looks better.
50bLI2W.jpg
7JCnmjs.jpg

Oberon. Do not like the skills and his stag-like helmet as much but his main body allows for a great color set with that transition and vertical pin stripe straight through the middle.
MSaapne.jpg
LdV4SKw.jpg

Rhino prime. not much to say about him. he has the color scheme, but in missions he normally looks gold anyway.
sP0YMQV.jpg
0iWLCJO.jpg

Saryn uses double white instead of gray. maybe I'll use a second scheme for this one later on to fit her skill theme more.
TTPM0yb.jpg
On6FUYg.jpg

Valkyr. I like this frame her skills, but the color scheme is horrible as It uses two red instead of gray, and even then the amount of red is lacking and has no impact, i may use the immortal skin for this one. The new armor fits in her theme though and the projector blocks may be a bit big. But her theme already has a lot of corpus stuff, so it fits.
m9wcHw7.jpg
4VWcHyp.jpg

Zephyr. Even though a previous post already has the screens for this. She is amazing with how the colors are all over the frame and all have influence over the look. So here is a shot from the front left side.
3XXw2rH.jpg

That was one big post. so big I needed to split it up... Whatever, worth it.

The Warframe Color Sharing Program generated tons of comments and displays of people showing off their awesome colors of their warframes and weapons, and such.

That thread has now since been dropped into the depths of General Discussion, so I felt I needed to bring back that love of seeing how creative people can get with the colors we have currently.

So, the same basis will go, give us a picture of the item you want to show(Warframe, Weapon, Kubrow, etc.)

And you can also give us the colors for the Warframe but not a requirement. You can also show off loadouts too that you have along with those colors so you can have a nice assortment for many to awe at.

Now that is out of the way, I will start...

Once I can get my frames fashioned up, but for now, you guys can show off your swag...

Also it seems like a new option will be added called "legacy mode" that changes your color pallets to pre patch. looks like a single setting though. so probably only client side. I'll leave it off i guess.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/273383-upcoming-color-customization-fix-planned-for-hotfix-1409/page-25#entry3219480

EDIT:

Others will see your legacy color choices, yep.

server side it seems. still. i like the new colors, leaving it on anyway.

Edited by Airwolfen

Also it seems like a new option will be added called "legacy mode" that changes your color pallets to pre patch. looks like a single setting though. so probably only client side. I'll leave it off i guess.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/273383-upcoming-color-customization-fix-planned-for-hotfix-1409/page-25#entry3219480

EDIT:

server side it seems. still. i like the new colors, leaving it on anyway.

Along those lines, how do we want to handle this (and the previous incarnation) now that we can not only pick the old color system, but other players can see those colors?  It's not like it's a client-side config that wouldn't affect the outcome of your frame, it actually does apply a different color to the frame.  You'd still have the same color coordinates, but you'd have to say whether or not you're using legacy mode.

Regardless, the big thing is that the previous thread isn't obsolete anymore, but rather that they should all be treated as if they are on legacy colors, and from here on out, unless specified, the colors given are assumed to be on the new system.

edit: semi-tenno'd

Edited by Undead_Zeratul

Doesn't that make all the posts in the original thread valid again?

When one turns on that legacy mode, yes.

But i think it is better to still continue with this thread and dub the old one the legacy thread. Else people will get confused as to when they will need to use legacy and when not, as the older posts will not state that they are legacy of course. And any new pallets will not be effected by legacy, So even more confusion.

And people in this thread will need to state when they have legacy enabled and people may also link back to their old posts with the same note. Other than that all screenshots here should be treated as non-legacy.

I think that would be for the best.

edit: semi-tenno'd by someone who was semi-tenno'd. the irony...

Edited by Airwolfen