Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make The "perspective" Layout View Optional

fredbred

The only thing that bothers me is the UI movement. It moves. With the cursor... :'(( I don't like it.

I agree, the UI moving under your cursor is a nasty thing. And while they might have reduced the part of the screen that your frame takes up, some stuff like the left-most mod in the bottom row is still blocked even by a thin frame's shoulder. Not to mention, that my Uru syandana keeps blinking in and out ...

I for one would prefer to have the option for a plane view on the arsenal and mod station. The market and codex don't show our frames either.

No. 1337 people out of the 1876 that participated in that poll like it.

278 people out of those 1876 don't like it. You know... Might be worth looking into why those 15% out of 1876 dislike it, rather than just dismiss it out of hand.

Also, how many players does this game have? Or more pertinent to this issue, how much fewer after the update?

And honestly, how much effort would it be to change the perspective of the exact same menus (Which we know are displayed in 3D) we have now to be directly in front? I reckon, not all that much.

It would take a more scientific poll to know how many people thought the ship is part of UI when they answered.  UI is a somewhat technical term and do most people separate the ship and actual UI?  That's the question after reading many comments about "love it (the ship), but menus..." feedbacks under an umbrella "UI" category.

Optional. I made my own damn thread being new to these forums and failing to find the section I was looking for. Should have taken a nap first I suppose. Nevertheless, this 'immersion' is not my cup of tea. Functionality over appearance every time. And yes, this applies to women too.

If I had a guess, I'd say that the new menu interface is preferred by the younger players (under 18 maybe), whereby an useful and READABLE menu is preferred by more mature players (over 22 maybe)

There's a gap in-between, but these players have no opinion at all ;-)

I tend to agree that the visual aspect is more likely to interest the younger people whereas older people mostly prefer functionality (it's not like us relics can actually SEE anything anymore ;) ). And I blame consoles for this mess as their user age tends to be lower on average. Yes, I know someone probably has a 102 year old grandmother who plays with a console but that does not change things. It is true though that the current UI system provides better screenshots to draw people in but the old system was much better at keeping the existing players happy.