Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lately I've Become Short-Tempered With Survival As A Nekros.

DirkDeadeye

Actually, it should be Nekros's job to follow them like around like a sick puppy.

Following 4 people that went 4 diffrent way can be a bit impossible. If you ask specificaly for a Nekros, then everyone with 2 or more brain cells should know that stay near him gives you excat thing why you asked for him in the first place.

Following 4 people that went 4 diffrent way can be a bit impossible. If you ask specificaly for a Nekros, then everyone with 2 or more brain cells should know that stay near him gives you excat thing why you asked for him in the first place.

He only needs to follow the best killer, and if he was requested then you can communicate and can ask them to plan out a strat before hand.

If you enlisted as a necro, you should not complain or talk. Your job is to run around and desecrate, while the players with real frames do all the dirty job.

Yeah, do us a favor and don't post anymore.  Your post is toxic.  Let me throw one stat out at you:  Between desecrates, terrify, and shadows of the dead I will have used abilities 5 or 6x(at least) more than my teammates and I would have picked up 1000+ more items than they have.  With those stats in mind, given the fact that I keep the group standing up right with unlimited health orbs, the ocassional energy orbs, ammo, creds, mods and most importantly life support, coupled with the armor reduction of terrify and the quasi aggro-shadows of the dead to give myself and teammates a breather from being targets....I would say that the nekros does all the dirty work.  I may not be killing as much, but Im doing a lot more for the group.

He only needs to follow the best killer, and if he was requested then you can communicate and can ask them to plan out a strat before hand.

That is too complecated for an average nekros pug player.

Seriously, if you're in the pug and you're not the host - hit abort the mission if you fail to play your role. People invite you to desecrate, not to listen to your survival guru talk.

Seriously, if you're in the pug and you're not the host - hit abort the mission if you fail to play your role. People invite you to desecrate, not to listen to your survival guru talk.

People underestimate the usefulness of other nekros abilities.  Sad.  Unless youre part of that group Tenn0s, running 2 trinity, nekros, mag on corpus or something....youre not going to have too much time to sit in the thick of bullets and descrate to your hearts content.  There does come a time in any survival where sh_t breaks down, mobs are extremely high level, shielded, poison everywhere, ancients everywhere, etc..., and you need to revert to more CC than being a pure desecratebot.  Terrify helps enormously to give some breathing room and to give some armor reduction to mobs.

Edited by cesmode

Yeah, do us a favor and don't post anymore.  Your post is toxic.  Let me throw one stat out at you:  Between desecrates, terrify, and shadows of the dead I will have used abilities 5 or 6x(at least) more than my teammates and I would have picked up 1000+ more items than they have.  With those stats in mind, given the fact that I keep the group standing up right with unlimited health orbs, the ocassional energy orbs, ammo, creds, mods and most importantly life support, coupled with the armor reduction of terrify and the quasi aggro-shadows of the dead to give myself and teammates a breather from being targets....I would say that the nekros does all the dirty work.  I may not be killing as much, but Im doing a lot more for the group.

You're doing it wrong. Your entire purpose is Desecrate spam.  Nothing else. Your entire build should be based around that one skill.

-DesecratedFlame.

+1

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

You must be one of those players that wonder why all your survival runs end up at 30 minutes mark. :)

You're doing it wrong. Your entire purpose is Desecrate spam.  Nothing else. Your entire build should be based around that one skill.

-DesecratedFlame.

+1

MMMM no.

Its probably the main reason you go as Nekros but you do have other useful tools at your disposal.  If you are not good enough to use all of them, then you are playing the game wrong.  

K?

My 2-3 person team does well on leaderboards and can keep up with most 4 man teams for survival and we don't use the recommended frame set up or "room strategies".  

Edited by cesmode

MMMM no.

Its probably the main reason you go as Nekros but you do have other useful tools at your disposal.  If you are not good enough to use all of them, then you are playing the game wrong.

K?

You are not there to do anything else.  Your build should be dedicated to maximum range and efficiency desecrates with some survivability as well.  You should be wasting slots or energy on other trivial crap. The only exception is when you are forced to solo.

You are not there to do anything else.  Your build should be dedicated to maximum range and efficiency desecrates with some survivability as well.  You should be wasting slots or energy on other trivial crap. The only exception is when you are forced to solo.

Says who?  Unless you are part of a competitive clan looking to push records, with optimal setup and builds, you are not relegated to being a desecrate bot.  If  you are running in the void, a tier 3 or 4, bringing a 2-trinity, nekros, mag setup won't be so optimal (a set up that the 'all mighty' Tenn0 group showed when they did their long run) 

At higher levels, mobs begin taking less and less damage and something like terrify helps two-fold.  It has saved a$$es more than I can count.

Edited by cesmode

You must be one of those players that wonder why all your survival runs end up at 30 minutes mark. :)

LOL nice one :)

Yea, pro nekros always go with all their abilities to survival, OP soul punch is especially helpful :)

Edited by SeaUrchins

LOL nice one :)

Yea, pro nekros always go with all their abilities to survival, OP soul punch is especially helpful :)

You can slot every power on Nekros with having maximun range+efficiency build with NT. Soul Punch isnt useful as it is funny. :P

I hear you. I'll run real survivals with you if you want, but we still need 2 more....

Ooooh I'll come!

I feel you, OP. I used to play Nekros in survivals and faced the same problem as you day after day. Finally I got tired of it and now I always play as excalibur, blinding and slashing. Oh, If I see a neksor I stick with him :D

If I see a neksor I stick with him :D

Of course you do, you saw the toothpic legs it has? It's hilarious to watch em run around %)

You need more tolerance if you play as a nekros, seriously, sometimes people boltor prosecutor bodies out of the map, you just take things easy. Should be calm as a deadman.

I'm sorry. I forma'd my nekros 4 times. I make sure to get the most out of any engagement we're in, some-most times I'm the reason, or the nekros of the group is the reason why people get a rare stance, or w/e.

When people spread out, I remind them the mechanics of survival. Nicely. If they don't want to listen, I leave. Lately I've been getting a lot of angry PM's. Got called a '$#*(@' today, and was told I was the reason why my parents got a divorce. (actually it was because my dad was a cokehead wifebeater..but thanks.)

Let it be known, it's not fun chasing a bunch of idiots around trying to desecrate. It's also not fun knowing you cannot go the distance based on Lotuses air supply drops alone.

But maybe I'm just being a jerk. I don't know.

Heh, welcome to the Warframe playerbase, forums and all.

Of course you do, you saw the toothpic legs it has? It's hilarious to watch em run around %)

You need more tolerance if you play as a nekros, seriously, sometimes people boltor prosecutor bodies out of the map, you just take things easy. Should be calm as a deadman.

If if things like that happen, I shrug...not my problem.  Not their problem either, no ones fault.  In a pug, i think the goal is to just play and get as far as you can.  Being so serious and and thinking you should theorycraft your way to victory in a pug is futile.  Save that S#&$e for good runs with a clan or group of friends you can be on voice comm with.  If you pug a 30-40 minute survival as Nekros, thats a good day.  Save the hour+ runs for a more coordinated set up and group.  And even then, if you are not pushing the envelope in terms of leaderboard or record breaking, who cares about being a desecrate bot or not.  Desecrate a lot yes, but I firmly believe it is not the only thing you live for as a Nekros.  I said earlier, my group of 3 hangs with 4 man teams in terms of survival, when we try.  I desecrate my a$$ off for the first 35-40 minutes.  After that, I do what is needed...desecrate, cc, etc. 

Never feel that cause I just tell my team "I don't play desecrate Nekros" in chat, and they have to deal with it. I spent over 150+ hours playing nothing but Nekros and polishing my gunplay. I didn't do all that and forma'd my Nekros more than twice just to press 3 behind a wall.

If they don't want me, I just solo. It is possible to solo up to 35+ minutes in T4 with a Nekros anyway as long as you're careful. (40 easily if you don't get a crappy tile map forcing you to run around without a good spot for cover. Nekros has always been a survival monster.)

Never feel that cause I just tell my team "I don't play desecrate Nekros" in chat, and they have to deal with it. I spent over 150+ hours playing nothing but Nekros and polishing my gunplay. I didn't do all that and forma'd my Nekros more than twice just to press 3 behind a wall.

If they don't want me, I just solo. It is possible to solo up to 35+ minutes in T4 with a Nekros anyway as long as you're careful. (40 easily if you don't get a crappy tile map forcing you to run around without a good spot for cover. Nekros has always been a survival monster.)

I don't mind a Nekros that shoots things, but their energy should be entirely focused on desecrating when in a team.  CC is better handled by other Frames/players.

There with you bro, motharuk'ers just don't get the point of farming/having a Nekros in the team. Really grinds my gears when someone ASKS me to help them farm, and they do this S#&$. I generally just stop desecrating, and/or leave.

+1

One thing I've always told everyone when I play Nekros.

Use your damn shadows, they help. Or terrify if you prefer. I don't run both because of reasons.

And I also don't run maximized range, because my job is not to desecrate corpses 50m away just because the other frame felt like being Kirito today. 25m does the job just fine.

EDIT: Before the obvious, 'hurrr ur job is to desecrate', yeah, I know. I do. Most good Nekros players can Desc, Shoot and Shadow, without missing a beat. Those who stand around pressing 3 while hiding in the corner, contribute the least to your team.

Edited by Semshol

Hilarious how many bad nekros are there, is it not?)

Yes, actually.  No wonder no one bothers sticking with them. 

Nekros's job is desecrate.  If you want to be a "muh k/d CoD kiddie" then play a different frame.  His other skills are not that great. Other frames handle CC much better so leave it to them, and focus on doing your own job to the utmost.