Lately I've Become Short-Tempered With Survival As A Nekros.

I don't mind a Nekros that shoots things, but their energy should be entirely focused on desecrating when in a team.  CC is better handled by other Frames/players.

Sadly I never trust those other players unless I know them personally. It's sad that for a shooter game, whenever you're in a PUG, you just know that they're going to suck because they rely too much on the "4" button to do anything, making their gunplay skill absolute crap. CC may be better handled by them but when I'm handling the revival.... nty.

One thing I've always told everyone when I play Nekros.

Use your damn shadows, they help. Or terrify if you prefer. I don't run both because of reasons.

And I also don't run maximized range, because my job is not to desecrate corpses 50m away just because the other frame felt like being Kirito today. 25m does the job just fine.

EDIT: Before the obvious, 'hurrr ur job is to desecrate', yeah, I know. I do. Most good Nekros players can Desc, Shoot and Shadow, without missing a beat. Those who stand around pressing 3 while hiding in the corner, contribute the least to your team.

Thank you.  Someone else that gets it.  There is this plague circling the nekros community(irony?) that they think we are desecrate bots.  In high level runs, this can't be further from the truth.  When things break down, and they do, having an extra CC in the form of "oh sh-t" aoe fear/armor reduce is a godsend along with shadows to take some of the heat off your team so they can recoup and possibly survive longer.  When I can no longer safely desecrate and not worry about being one shotted, I desecrate 50% of the time and utility/cc 50% of the time.  

Good nekros can do this.  Bad ones spam 3.

I hope you reported them. No matter what its not nice to say those things. Typical human garbage, starts saying its others problem while its actually their fault. I feel like League of legends players are flooding warframe...

Yes, actually.  No wonder no one bothers sticking with them. 

Nekros's job is desecrate.  If you want to be a "muh k/d CoD kiddie" then play a different frame.  His other skills are not that great. Other frames handle CC much better so leave it to them, and focus on doing your own job to the utmost.

And when your group is on the verge of dying, you welcome that extra CC.

Shadows of the mod slot, is more like it. 

About the only thing SotD is useful for, is a distraction during a revive.

The AI is horribad..

That's why you make sure to grab a shield osprey every time you use it. They really are only good for meatshield purpose due to the AI. However, Utility is an aura so you don't need to care about the AI.

Use a shade with no attack mods.

Oh great, now I am invisible while my PUG members are still dying.

That's why you make sure to grab a shield osprey every time you use it. They really are only good for meatshield purpose due to the AI. However, Utility is an aura so you don't need to care about the AI.

Sorry, I wasn't aware you were that bad of a player.  Being completely invisible would let even a mostly-terrible player revive his team with impunity.

Yerp.  Depending on if youre a GOOD nekros(theres that term again) and know which mobs to kill for your shadows, you can have a freakin army of  shield ospreys, ancients healers, etc...and be completely content for a good amount of time to revive and keep going.  Again, another example of not just being a desecrate bot.  

I play nekros only when farming rare mods. That's it. I too got tired of chasing players around. In a survival where a nekros is NOT a fundamental necessity to go 40+ minutes why would I subject myself to constant sprinting/sliding around the map frantically trying to keep up with teammates?

I think if people took it down a notch with this survival "must have nekros" myth then the players who do feel frustrated playing him would feel less pressure to perform or bring an alternate frame to enjoy.

Survivals are about teamwork, communication, smart playing and sticking together which requires patience. Too many "restless-OMG-I-can't-stand-still-gotta-kill-more-than-them type players" out there wreaking havoc in what is designed to be a cohesive endeavor.

Forget the lengthy diatribes that overly complicate survival strategy. If people aren't willing to do the simple things like manage life support efficiently or stick together, well, they surely won't understand the more intelligent aspects of "surviving in a survival".

Trinity's Blessing. 

Ah yes there it is.  Assuming you have a trinity in the group.  What are the odds that you will have trinity in a pug?  Not fantastic. 

This whole discussion is based around nekros pug play.  Not pre-made clan groups that have a group structure well thought out.

You know what's funny? First necros say they keep the group alive with INFINITE health orbs and then talk how shadows are good for reviving? I laughed so hard, so it's keeping the group alive or reviving the group? Even hydroid dwarfs necro when it comes to CC. If you want CC, come on CC frame, if you want OMGDPS come on dps frame and extract after 30 min %)

If you're a necro - that pile of bodies does not desecrate itself you know lol

Ah yes there it is.  Assuming you have a trinity in the group.  What are the odds that you will have trinity in a pug?  Not fantastic. 

This whole discussion is based around nekros pug play.  Not pre-made clan groups that have a group structure well thought out.

It's just one example. Other Frames handle the other things that need doing. Nekros has one use and he should focus on it, especially in survival.

You know what's funny? First necros say they keep the group alive with INFINITE health orbs and then talk how shadows are good for reviving? I laughed so hard, so it's keeping the group alive or reviving the group? Even hydroid dwarfs necro when it comes to CC. If you want CC, come on CC frame, if you want OMGDPS come on dps frame and extract after 30 min %)

You dont know one awesome thing about SotD, and how to insta revive players with it. Talk about knowing Nekros and how he works.

Tho, i believe that 90 % of players doesnt know about instarevive mechanice with SotD and that mechanic is around here since U11. There are two frames that can offer instarevive if certain conditions are met.

You dont know one awesome thing about SotD, and how to insta revive players with it. Talk about knowing Nekros and how he works.

Tho, i believe that 90 % of players doesnt know about instarevive mechanice with SotD and that mechanic is around here since U11. There are two frames that can offer instarevive if certain conditions are met.

The "instant" revive is far too situational to be consistently reliable.

It's just one example. Other Frames handle the other things that need doing. Nekros has one use and he should focus on it, especially in survival.

But for all of the other situations where your pug does not have a trinity, you will welcome that extra CC/armor reduce, or a few shadow'd shield ospreys.

Saying your nekros should be in a survival for desecrate spamming is like saying Rhino is only good for roar.  His stomp, while damage doesn't scale very well later on, is a half way decent CC.  Not as good as Nyx, but not too bad.  I can go on and on with examples of useful abilities that people overlook.

If DE seriously developed their game to funnel specific frames into specific gameplay(survival/defense) to use ONE ability, then they have failed as a developer.  And they know it.  

Edited by cesmode

I believe Oberon is one of the other frames with an instarevive?  Unless thats been changed.

A nekros can do everything. Their utility covers just about everything including tanking (SotD), healing(desecrate) and surviving (terrify). Not to mention SotD utility as well. The only thing they lack is damage but we know that Guns > Ability when it comes to damage after enemies reach lv 30 in survival.

While other frames also have utility, they don't have it spread out like Nekros does. Nekros is like that dude who brought a whole table set of buffet to the party but people only nitpicked it for the cooked pork in sweet sauce.

Edited by Zeitzbach

A nekros can do everything.

Yes, but if you are hired to wash windows, who cares if you can drive a car? :]

With a rub-a-dub-dub and a scrub-a-dub-dub
And a rub-a-dub all day long

You missed the point, which was: the job of a nekros in survival is to spam maxed dessecrate with maxed range, running after the top killer in the squad. Not vice versa, like I'm nekro, too important to move, bring mobs and kill them here, cos I can dessecrate only in 5m from me lol

But it all depends if you want to be useful, if you want to be useless, you can do everything %)
Edited by SeaUrchins

Yes, but if you are hired to wash windows, who cares if you can drive a car? :]

With a rub-a-dub-dub and a scrub-a-dub-dub
And a rub-a-dub all day long

You missed the point, which was: the job of a nekros in survival is to spam maxed dessecrate with maxed range, running after the top killer in the squad. Not vice versa, like I'm nekro, too important to move, bring mobs and kill them here, cos I can dessecrate only in 5m from me lol

If the "job" of nekros is desecrate, why did DE bother to give them three other abilities?  Why bother with the graphics, animations, audio, stats, mods, etc of three other abilities..all the dev behind it, if NONE of them are to be used in survival?  

If the "job" of nekros is desecrate, why did DE bother to give them three other abilities?  Why bother with the graphics, animations, audio, stats, mods, etc of three other abilities..all the dev behind it, if NONE of them are to be used in survival?  

DE never intended him to be Desecrator. Community decided thats his "role".