Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lately I've Become Short-Tempered With Survival As A Nekros.

DirkDeadeye

I know how you feel. I was doing a 40 minute T4 survival once in a public game, and I was the Nekros. The other three were Rhino Primes with Boltor Primes. I had to follow them around and baby them. They were short tempered, dumb and couldn't grasp the concept of a strategy. I suppose one could say they are like real Rhinos.

Edited by Gammaion

Yes, but if you are hired to wash windows, who cares if you can drive a car? :]

With a rub-a-dub-dub and a scrub-a-dub-dub
And a rub-a-dub all day long

You missed the point, which was: the job of a nekros in survival is to spam maxed dessecrate with maxed range, running after the top killer in the squad. Not vice versa, like I'm nekro, too important to move, bring mobs and kill them here, cos I can dessecrate only in 5m from me lol

But it all depends if you want to be useful, if you want to be useless, you can do everything %)

If you think this, you must be one of those 'DPS master-race guys'. Utility > Damage. The top killer can move around if he wants. But what if, because of the fact that DPS is based around the weapons you use, what if the Nekros is the top-killer? Now you have to run after Nekros, or you miss out on drops. Now let's in the factor that, in addition to being the top killer, I have Natural Talent and the brains to actually move while desecrating (slide-desc, or even jump desc...with natural talent you can keep moving). Do you think you'll be having a fun game?

Sure, you don't have to follow me. But I'm not going to waypoint a rare mod for you. What now? You feeling blessed by the RNG today?

Do unto others what you want others to do unto you.

I am an A******, because I expect nothing from any group I run with. I simply don't care. You do your thing, I'll do mine. We'll compare drops at the end. 

Edited by Semshol

If the "job" of nekros is desecrate, why did DE bother to give them three other abilities?  Why bother with the graphics, animations, audio, stats, mods, etc of three other abilities..all the dev behind it, if NONE of them are to be used in survival?  

You should ask DE, not me lol

It's same like coming on Nyx with psychic bolts, 'cos if there is such ability it should be good for survival!

Not all frames are good for all situations, not all abilities are good for all mission types.

If the "job" of nekros is desecrate, why did DE bother to give them three other abilities?  Why bother with the graphics, animations, audio, stats, mods, etc of three other abilities..all the dev behind it, if NONE of them are to be used in survival?  

Plenty of Frames are terrible with terrible skills so that argument is invalid.

One good solution to this problem.

Play on very high level survival misssions.   Players only run around away from the team when they can handle the level of enemies solo.  On high level survival, it usually takes fairly experienced players to run around solo.  In that case, 9 times out of 10 they don't need your desecrate.  If they did, they'd either bring their own nekros, run a pre-made team or tell someone in the PUG to use nekros.

On top of that, every since DE messed with the spawning system, it's lowered the spawn rates by a lot in the first 15 minutes of low/medium level survival missions.   So you tend to get bored and go searching for enemies to kill (I know I do because the spawns just don't come fast enough at low to mid level survival).   When you 1 shot everything up to level 35, there is no reason to stick together in a group unless you are farming resources and mods, in which case, don't expect resource or mod farming in a PUG.  At least not optimal farming.  Occasionally you can find a PUG that sticks together and makes desecrate farming easy, but don't expect it that way in PUGs.

Also, when it comes to nekros, any experienced player knows that you do not need help from your team with the oxygen.  Nekros makes his own oxygen provided you got the weapons to kill fast enough.   For most mission levels any decent player or team should be able to make it to 15 or 20 minutes without using any life capsules or no more than 1 when using nekros or he's on the team and using desecrate.   A good way to learn how to solo survival with nekros is to solo T3 survival to 20 minute mark.  Life support is very scarce in T3 survival and it's almost mandatory that you desecrate to keep the oxygen up unless you got godly weapons that can 1 or 2 shot enemies up to 20 or 25 minutes, but most people don't have such weapons for the void survival.

Also when it comes to nekros playing with Nova or Saryn, visually the bodies disintegrate, but you still have about a 2, maybe 3 second window to desecrate.   Normally when Nova or Saryn aren't disintegrating bodies, the dead bodies lay there for more than 3 seconds and maks it easy to desecrate...but with nova or saryn on the team, you can desecrate immediately after their ultimate's make the bodies disappear, just takes a bit more awareness than normal.

Also when I use Nova or Saryn and have nekros on the team, I purposely only use my ultimates when absolutely necessary to clear a room fast.  Surviving trumps desecrate all day long...but if the nekros user is good, they'll still get at least 2 desecrates off before the (invisible) bodies are truly gone.

Bottom line, if you are relying on teammates to kill for you as nekros, you are basically just being dead weight to the team because even if you do pull out a rare mod (which is pretty darn rare chance to begin with), it doesn't make up for the 25 or 30 minutes in which you did nothing but desecrate.   But it depends on the team I guess.   If you have 3 teammates under MR6, they'll appreciate all the desecrating you do because they are probably in need of everything you pull out of enemies...but if you have 2 or more MR10+ players on the team, they likely have hundreds of thousands of resources, all the mods except the rarest of the rare and so the only thing you are good for is pulling oxygen drops out of mobs.

Overall, if you want to desecrate and farm doing it, make a pre-made team who all understand that farming is the goal.   Most players that do survival do it for xp and leveling frames or weapons.   Since you always get more xp when you do the kill yourself, most players don't care about staying together especially when they can pretty much solo survival themselves.

Edited by Krymanol

If you think this, you must be one of those 'DPS master-race guys'. Utility > Damage. 

LOL I don't even have a single dps spec frame, but haters gonna hate :]

Oh, and you can't run faster than me, I am the fastest tenno in da universe :]

And Semshol, if you join a squad then you do care, you care for the key and for the loot, not paying back in some way like marking mods is just cheap, as if uber rare mods drop in void lol

Edited by SeaUrchins

You should ask DE, not me lol

It's same like coming on Nyx with psychic bolts, 'cos if there is such ability it should be good for survival!

Not all frames are good for all situations, not all abilities are good for all mission types.

I'll be the first to admit that there are abilities that need major rework and if you look at my post history, you'll see that time and time again I call upon DE to stop giving us new frames, primes, and weapons and start balancing weapons, frames, and abilities so that the nekros, for example, isn't corned into one button spammer(not that I let myself be cornered into this to begin with).

Psychic bolts..ya not a fan of it, doesn't do a lot for anyone.  Much like soul punch.  But the other 3 abilities for nekros are definitely good for any length survival.  To be honest, I love nekros because he is one of the few frames that uses more than one or two abilities in any situation, gameplay.

Plenty of Frames are terrible with terrible skills so that argument is invalid.

I agree that there are frames that are less than desirable for any situation. But, if worked the right way, you can still find use for most frames and abilities.

Take oberon:  People thrash on him all day long.  Use him in a defense where your teammates are shoulder to shoulder with you(more or less) so that renewal hits them within a second or so.  In nice choke points like stairs, lay down several hallowed grounds(three or four of these MELT high level mobs...completely melts them).  And when mobs are pounding on the pod, reckoning for a stun and some health orbs.  

Oberon might not be the most useful frame, and even in a defense there are probably better choices, he is far from useless.  Those three abilities can hold their own in high level.  

I still think Oberon could use a slight buff.  But he is far from useless which contrasts popular opinion.

You can say "Well Id rather bring trinity than Oby for health, or Nova for DPS", and thats true.  Trinity can out heal oberon most any day, and Nova's mprime and antimatter drop are sick.  But that doesn't mean oberon SUCKS.  Also, why do you want to be like everyone else, playing the same frames the same way as everyone else?  Thats sort of boring.  I wouldnt want to play a game where I couldn't play the classes I want the way I want just because its not 110% optimal.  Its like saying in World of Warcraft, for tank and spank fight in ICC...dont bring anything but a rogue for DPS because its not optimal".  Rogues, if I remember, were near top in terms of damage back in ICC (dont think there was a run that I was out dps'd).  But thats not to say other classes were not equally useful or fun to play, and we got the job done.

I like the challenge of playing lesser played frames and going almost, if not, as far as the common setups.

Edited by cesmode

Nah, he is terrible.  Anything he can do can be done by someone else, and done better as well.

Lets delete him from the game.

Because he wont fit in any cookie cutter group.

By your way of thinking, there will be only a handful of useful frames that provide either DPS, CC, utility/heals for defense or survivals.  Thats a sh_tty game if out of the 12+ warframes(i dont know the exact number), only a small handful are worth using.  

We should quit the game because it was designed poorly.  Or contiune to play our OP frames, I dunno.  Maybe you cookie cutter lovers lack the skill to make other frames work.  Hrm.

Edited by cesmode

By your way of thinking, there will be only a handful of useful frames that provide either DPS, CC, utility/heals for defense or survivals.  Thats a sh_tty game if out of the 12+ warframes(i dont know the exact number), only a small handful are worth using.  

We should quit the game because it was designed poorly.  Or contiune to play our OP frames, I dunno.  Maybe you cookie cutter lovers lack the skill to make other frames work.  Hrm.

Cry moar.  I actually have a thread I created that suggests how Oberon could be buffed to be useful and still be unique.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

There are 20 frames (barring primes) in the game.

DE never intended him to be Desecrator. Community decided thats his "role".

If this is the case, DE should shut down. You don't think when they designed Nekros with an ability that would serve as the sole combatant against their gigantic walls of RNG that they lacked the foresight to realize that this, and only this ability, would become his most sought after role? No I guess they intended him to be the annoying SOTD at extraction idiot.

That's like saying they didn't intend Nova to be a Primer, or Rhino a Stomper. C'mon man.

Edited by (PS4)kcarpe2007

If this is the case, DE should shut down. You don't think when they designed Nekros with an ability that would serve as the sole combatant against their gigantic walls of RNG that they lacked the foresight to realize that this, and only this ability, would be his one-trick pony? No I guess they intended him to be the annoying SOTD extraction point idiot.

That's like saying they didn't intend Nova to be a Primer, or Rhino a Stomper. C'mon man.

Problem is that DE lacks foresights, or should i say, people that make decisions about Warframe.

I don't know. Being short tempered and leaving won't solve the problem at all. Rather it can hurt yourself when it's done frequently and people know you're acting that way. But I definitely understand the problems nekros have. Some people just don't care about desecrate.

Don't need to be so angered about it man. That's just how people are. You can't expect randomly selected people to be working good in team after all. When that happens, I just desecrate what's in front of me and care less.

Although you are telling them the right strategy but everyone wants to play the way he/she likes. If they want to run around alone killing things you really can't blame them. You can't deny the fact that many players are in no mood of farming something and simply having their own fun. But it is also your own choice to quit or stay and no one should blame you. The hate messages were unnecessary though.

These are the risks of playing with randoms, if you want to stay as long as possible or farming for a mod then play with people you know.

This is a pretty good point.

I'm one weapon away from MR 14 and have pretty much every mod/gear I want. I also don't typically have interest in staying past 30m or so, unless a group verbally requests otherwise and I can appropriately gear.

Typically, the only thing I'm "farming" is XP.

So, I'm likely to come into a T3 or T4 with a low conclave (around 800,) and one 'mostly' leveled 2nd tier weapon that I love, which I'm adding a 4th or 5th forma to, like a Grakata or Sybaris. The rest will be low leveled frames and weapons.

Despite my "non-endgame" loadout I typically will still lead the first 20m or so with the most kills. This all goes downhill quickly once we hit 25m or so, and my "hipstery" loadout starts to groan against the status quo of Warframe's "tiers".

Honestly, I'm there for a specific purpose (fun and xp), and don't particularly enjoy grinding until a Grinlok feels like a BB gun. I also don't enjoy being scolded for not gearing for the long haul, as if there were some implicit agreement that we're "going until only the boltor P and Brakk are useful".

So I guess, my point is, to each his own. Unless there are clear expectations laid out. Not everyone is constantly optimizing.

There is a lot of Elitist attitude in this thread, it's simply not complicated, you have abilities, use them. Just because you can desecrate corpses doesn't give you any more rite to play the game then anyone else. 

Same with other "Real" frames, just because you are a one way murder machine doesn't make you the above all expert on all things Warframe or the play style marshall, it's a game, play the damn thing for fun.

Seriously, I play mainly as a room clearing Rhino and a Nekros, and thinking that you are entitled to anything more then the opportunity to play the game like anyone else is absurd and self indulgent.

With any skill, sport, game, whatever, there are good aspects and bad aspects, my advice to you, you have a friends list for a reason, find people that you like and you think play well and use it to keep in touch. Otherwise find a clan or a guild, outside of this I certainly wouldn't come to an internet forum and drop a soap box to proclaim to the world how much better I am then anyone and if they don't meet my expectations I will guit.

Get real man.

Problem is that DE lacks foresights, or should i say, people that make decisions about Warframe.

Whatever the case may be, DE has placed into our hands warframes and weapons that, if we are honest with ourselves, regardless of skill, time played, creativity, and our own relative concepts of fun and challenge, will always be pigeon-holed or held to an exclusive status because "this is what gets the job done, or doesn't".

Any and all divergence from the DE-imposed or community-imposed relevance of a utility to achieve victory will be met with disdain from the elite, from the noobs, from the self-proclaimed game designers, from the "I love my SOTD, don't tell me to desecrate or I'm taking my ball and going home" players.

So do we revel in being pragmatic? Whatever works and that most efficiently (in our experience) to get the job done? The creativists disagree. Do we all choose our own beloved and favored frames and weapons even if they are not positively effectual for the type mission in which we are investing valuable time? The pragmatists disagree. Also the elitists.

I'm afraid at the end of the matter I think we would do well to emulate the silent majority. The humble, teachable, helpful, albeit (at times) "noobish" players that just enjoy playing and have not lost that sense of awe in how far we have come in the gaming realm. These are the unique but few who do not complain about instructions from the host, assault the forums with "look at me" threads and pseudo-intellectual BS, or allow their egos or insecurities about their personal digital "power" to become catalysts for all that is counterproductive, both for the rest of the community and for the ears of DE to heed.

They just play. And have FUN. Maybe they have discovered the secret of a happy gaming life. Maybe, just maybe, it's having a life outside of gaming.

Play Pong for awhile. Play Space Invaders. Once the nostalgia or amusement wears off, you may just find yourself praising RNGJesus for the mind-blowing and almost eerie advancements that we now have at our disposal.

Edited by (PS4)kcarpe2007

I'm kinda concerned people think a good Nekros would not use SotD , first off it has plenty of uses but the best part is you get to desecrate your shadows when they drop, how exactly is having more to desecrate bad.   

Let it be known, it's not fun chasing a bunch of idiots around trying to desecrate. It's also not fun knowing you cannot go the distance based on Lotuses air supply drops alone.

But maybe I'm just being a jerk. I don't know.

Idunno why you'd Forma him 4 times but you have points. People need to stay in the same room and not go on a wild goose chase. Mark mods. Don't touch capsules above 50%. Everyone has to pay attention to the Life Support, not just one person.

This is why I don't play Survival anymore, despite it being my favorite/least favorite mode. Idiots who play it.

Nekros is my most frequently used Warframe in Survivals ever since people in Recruiting started getting the impression that Trinity was useless in T4, so I feel you. When people run all over the place, I personally follow the Valkyr or Rhino Prime closely.