Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Or Playstation

Armed_Monkey

There is limit of hardware over time. PC tends to progress and consoles are left behind.

Yea computers get better in terms of hardware. But long running games such as Warframe don't really change in terms of hardware requirements. There will be no issues with this game on PS4 in the future.

Yea computers get better in terms of hardware. But long running games such as Warframe don't really change in terms of hardware requirements. There will be no issues with this game on PS4 in the future.

Agree, as game like Warframe dont use hardware that much.

Maybe the PC will outclass the PS version more and more overtime (only if your rig can handle it of) but but that is it.

Question between pc and ps for me is. Can your PC handle wf better than the ps4. And do you like aiming with a controller.

Those two are the important questions on this.

Maybe the PC will outclass the PS version more and more overtime (only if your rig can handle it of) but but that is it.

Question between pc and ps for me is. Can your PC handle wf better than the ps4. And do you like aiming with a controller.

Those two are the important questions on this.

My PC is less powerful than PS4, and i am not the biggest fan of aiming with analogs. Feels weird and unnatural, but i can make it work.

ok consoles aren't left behind, a new model comes out. the differents between pc and console is console it once every few years but pc is every few seconds. warframe wont get to heavy for ps4 before ps7 comes out. 

PS4's gonna last about as long the PS3 did ( i wish it had the PS2 life expectancy but this is good enough). So unless Warframe become a Virtual World that only support Oculus and not Morpheus there's nothing to worry about. And to the guy who said something about Planetside 2, the Devs confirmed it'll run the same as a PC on Ultra settings (his words, not mine)

EDIT: How long do you expect Warframe to keep going ?

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

The problem of consoles getting too limiting only occurs when DE majorly updates the Evolution Engine underneath Warframe. The Content itself is build upon the capabilities of the engine and that's what will be preventing too excessive content. The engine simply couldn't handle it.

It's the question if DE will ever consider taking a major step like upgrading the engine to a full new iteration, otherwise it will stay pretty much the same for the coming years.

If it stays the same Engine with only minor updates... then the consoles will be handling that just fine because by then they will exploit every bit of optimization possible. Consoles tend to offer much more room for optimization than PCs anyways because stuff like low level instruction code cycles, memory access timing and whatnot will all be researched to great extend so they can literally squeeze out the last bit of performance those rotting consoles may offer.

Something normal game developers would never do for the PC because of the constant market cycle and the too varying hardware found in each computer. PC is just brute force with only shallow optimization at all.

Edited by MeduSalem

This. Unless there's eventually a Warframe 2, I doubt much will change in term of requirements for Warframe as it is, not because it's crossplatform but instead that like most games, they usually are developped with the current tech in mind at the start of their development cycle.

Some people mod old games to look better and all, but I doubt the goal is to slowly increases the minimum requirements. Perhaps add visual options that are automatically disabled on other platforms but doubtful the actual 'performance' of the engine will require noticeably better hardware at this point.

Edited by Wiegraf

I was talking about games that look good and have been out for awhile.

Long-Running gams can't have too much of a Graphic Overhaul due to some many different Rigs out there, so they slight tune it here and there as years go by and the minimum requirements gets higher. The reason i said WoW because it fits in that exact category, it's gotten a graphics overhaul and looks vastly better than when it first started.

lR1GoVo.jpg

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

Typically on consoles the games get better over time as the developers learn all the tricks of the systems. For example some of the last games on SNES like Donkey Kong Country looked way better than the new 32 bit Playstation 1 games did in 1994 despite having inferior hardware.

I would imagine that as DE gets more experience or staff resources with PS and XBOX that those versions will get better and optimized over time. They may never get as good as the PC versions though.

The fear of playing on PC version, getting limitated in the terms of power /Graphics updates, visuals, effects. Stuff that will outrun the PS4. 

OP ask, if that will limit the PC version, in terms of when warframe is on its peak of amaze, we can continue to get amaze and we still do. When the PS4 cant follow the leader, what will that do to the leader? 

Well, I have questioned myself this, and I really hope its not the worst of what we do think. I guess, if we ever come across the day of this. The PS4 is the one behind, not PC. I really hope not they limit the PC spectrum because PS4 cant have it or can run it. But PC already has a lot that PS4 dont. So dont worry OP.

And a note, just because some got a bad PC doesnt mean they cant put in a few extra sweet looking stuff for the ones with better PC. (the bad PC can also be the PS4) If you want to look at it that way. 

PS: PS4 will do just fine, if it can run Crysis it can run warframe with PC aspects to it for a while further. (not Physx and such but the overall visuals should be the same) -but pc will always have that little extra edge to it. 

Edited by Cpt_Atroxium