Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Or Playstation

Armed_Monkey

Typically on consoles the games get better over time as the developers learn all the tricks of the systems. For example some of the last games on SNES like Donkey Kong Country looked way better than the new 32 bit Playstation 1 games did in 1994 despite having inferior hardware.

I would imagine that as DE gets more experience or staff resources with PS and XBOX that those versions will get better and optimized over time. They may never get as good as the PC versions though.

Indeed, games tend to look better as the system gets older. For example, compare these screenshots of Halo 3 (Early in the 360's lifespan) and Halo 4 (Right at the end.)

50012_0_org.jpghalo-4-campaign-screenshots-11.jpghalo%203%20screenshot.jpghalo_4_13482398949921.jpg

Edited by Corvid

Indeed, games tend to look better as the system gets older. For example, compare these screenshots of Halo 3 (Early in the 360's lifespan) and Halo 4 (Right at the end.)

-snap-

It is know fact that consoles arent used to the fullest at the first year or so. As time progress, their power is used more and more. That is simple marketing and if they are used at full power from the start, people would be bored with the same graphics after a year or two.

It is know fact that consoles arent used to the fullest at the first year or so. As time progress, their power is used more and more. That is simple marketing and if they are used at full power from the start, people would be bored with the same graphics after a year or two.

Actually, the graphics develop as a consequence of the devs learning exactly how they can best work around the limitations of the console. They know what concessions can be made to improve visual fidelity, and act upon them.

Besides, I'd like to see a source for your "Know fact".

Just look at GTA IV vs V. A console's mid-to-end lifespan is it's best graphically wise.

Grand-Theft-Auto-5-GTA-4-Graphics-Compar

Actually, the graphics develop as a consequence of the devs learning exactly how they can best work around the limitations of the console. They know what concessions can be made to improve visual fidelity, and act upon them.

Well his " Known Fact" is observation. Pick any console where it looked the same it's entire lifespan ( Except Wii because reasons). It's just common knowledge that a console's early life is inferior to it's final stages. I can show plenty of Franchises were it looks better towards the end. 

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

Well his " Known Fact" is observation. Pick any console where it looked the same it's entire lifespan ( Except Wii because reasons)

His "Fact" is that it's a marketing ploy. Mine is that it's due to Devs learning the system. You should direct your comment towards him.

Hmm, i might even look for that article about this. It is 2008 or 2009, when i bought my PS3.

Whats to learn about PS4 and XboxOne? They have almost the same architecture as regular PCs and they are not like PS3 that devolpers need to "learn" how to fully use power of console. If you offer everything at the start, you will have same looking games in next 5 years and people will start complaing how specific console is outdate as graphics looks like 5 years ago.

Simple and easy.

Hmm, i might even look for that article about this. It is 2008 or 2009, when i bought my PS3.

Whats to learn about PS4 and XboxOne? They have almost the same architecture as regular PCs and they are not like PS3 that devolpers need to "learn" how to fully use power of console. If you offer everything at the start, you will have same looking games in next 5 years and people will start complaing how specific console is outdate as graphics looks like 5 years ago.

Simple and easy.

And? We haven't really had those consoles long enough to see if there will be improvements. Besides, PC architecture or not, it is the devs becoming used to the limitations of the system that drives these improvements. There's also the fact that Console developers are used to designing their games around a specific console. The change to a more PC-like structure is going to throw a lot of them off their game.

Edited by Corvid

Simple and easy.

Dude, it's the Devs learning the system better, back when GTA IV or Halo 3 released a lot of people went " wow that looks awesome". Who wouldn't want advanced graphics on their early console life? And don't try to bring up Gameplay trailers saying that's what the game could look like because 99% of gameplay trailers are Target Render.

It shows even with older platforms.

NES? First games looked very basic but the games at the end of its life cycle had much more graphical depth and developpers had picked up quite a few tricks to make its games look much better.

Same with PSX : the first games were very polygonish. One example is FF7 whose characters were practically LEGO with more faces and single color textures then came FF8 and FF9 which had a LOT more detail.

It's more about learning the platform and how to get the most out of it. Hell, I even noticed after migrating my PC account to PS4 that the PS4 version ran a lot smoother than before.