Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Weakness/weaknesses?

Calsius

Question

Everytime without fail, the Stalker ends me. It not only ruins my day, but makes me realize he isn't designed with the solo player in mind anymore. Does anybody have any tips? I can never beat him, no matter what I try. I'll even go for exploits if I have to. Its not like he fights fair anyway.

Another tip.

If you fail to kill him after he gets up, if you have done enough damage, the AI will likely force him to start using Nyx's Absorb.

Get out of range and prepare to shoot him after he releases it. You have a huge window frame to shoot him and finish him by then.

Just remember to never run around like a madman too much. It's better to just shoot him and kill him before he kills you. Running too much = can't aim = he will just OHKO you with Dread if he feels like it.

Handspring looks nice but you can easily avoid getting knocked down by coptering to move since it comes with knock down immunity. Also, if you have handspring on, it removes that small frame where as you are about to get up, you can easily shoot the one knocking you with knock immunity. THat small frame is one of the best saving moment this game has to offer since you get to control your char and prepare ahead of time. Handspring removing that = if you stand up, you can get knocked down right away again without any real retaliation.

Yes, but with Handspring, I get up near instantly, in less then a second in fact.

Yes, but with Handspring, I get up near instantly, in less then a second in fact.

You can get up immediately and get knock down again before you can act due to handspring animation.

Or you can get knocked down once, kill that annoying ancient or leaper as you are about to get up and abuse the remaining knock-immunity time to copter.

It's a decent card with some drawbacks but the mechanic itself can easily be remedied by using tricks offered in the game. The extra mod slot can be used for something else better (like enemy sense which pretty much prevents knockdown by giving you a huge room to react to nearby foes. It's better to prevent than to treat)

Edited by Zeitzbach

Any weapon with Radiation+Viral is good against him, especially with a Dragon Nikana. With channeling you can easily insta-kill him with that.

I'm not falling for that. I already tried melee, and have been advised against it. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

You can get up immediately and get knock down again before you can act due to handspring animation.

Or you can get knocked down once, kill that annoying ancient or leaper as you are about to get up and abuse the remaining knock-immunity time to copter.

It's a decent card with some drawbacks but the mechanic itself can easily be remedied by using tricks offered in the game. The extra mod slot can be used for something else better (like enemy sense which pretty much prevents knockdown by giving you a huge room to react to nearby foes. It's better to prevent than to treat)

I'm afraid we're going to have to agree to disagree, because I can't function with the thought of taking 3 seconds to get back up, immunity or no.

I'm not falling for that. I already tried melee, and have been advised against it. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

I'm not kidding .__. Seriously, mod your Dragon Nikana for a channeling build+Radiation+Viral, and the moment he stands up, spam channeling hits on him and he'll be dead before he can lay a finger on you. Pretty much that's how I've been killing him since Melee 2.0 happened.

Another tip.

If you fail to kill him after he gets up, if you have done enough damage, the AI will likely force him to start using Nyx's Absorb.

Get out of range and prepare to shoot him after he releases it. You have a huge window frame to shoot him and finish him by then.

Just remember to never run around like a madman too much. It's better to just shoot him and kill him before he kills you. Running too much = can't aim = he will just OHKO you with Dread if he feels like it.

Handspring looks nice but you can easily avoid getting knocked down by coptering to move since it comes with knock down immunity. Also, if you have handspring on, it removes that small frame where as you are about to get up, you can easily shoot the one knocking you with knock immunity. THat small frame is one of the best saving moment this game has to offer since you get to control your char and prepare ahead of time. Handspring removing that = if you stand up, you can get knocked down right away again without any real retaliation.

also, this.

I'm afraid we're going to have to agree to disagree, because I can't function with the thought of taking 3 seconds to get back up, immunity or no.

Then just use constitution instead? You'll get improved knockdown recovery and power duration.

Dual Ichors + Berserker = Dead Everything. General Warframe arithmetic. Although my personally favorite way to demolish Stalker is to kill him with his own weapon, Dread. Only my version does far more damage and often does 20,000 damage. Although when it doubt, just go helicopter with the dual ichors.

Edited by Wyzilla

Thanks for the help everyone, but I think I'll just abort mission whenever he shows up until he's valid to fight fairly solo.

He is easy to solo. Just get good weapons. And abuse terrain if you can't go into melee.

He teleports to you. Can't turn to aim at him because he just 1-shots you.

Which is why you one shot him back, only doing far more damage than him. It's pretty easy to plink a shot off with dread while running away, all you need is one hit with a crit build. Or fill him with rad bullets from a soma. Although again, I personally just like to take him down easily with melee. It's reliable and Stalker can't do anything really to defend against helicoptering with dual ichors.

Alternatively, you can also use the Dragon Nikana, which also one hit kills stalker.

Thanks for the help everyone, but I think I'll just abort mission whenever he shows up until he's valid to fight fairly solo.

Wow, I read most of the first page, and skipped the second, but you have been told what to do.

If you are having a problem it isn't because he is hard to kill solo, just that he is hard for you.

When you start to get taunted find a decent sized space, hopefully with some pieces of cover, but try and run around in a space.  Watch for the smoke, recently the smoke cloud pops up a couple times before spawns, but just like it.  When he does spawn in, unload on him.  IF you have weapons geared like you are saying he should be dead before he has a chance to kill you back so the frame you are using or how you have it modded is completely moot.

IF he doesn't die in the first volley he should be pretty damn close to dead, just sprint slide in a direction a couple times, continue to circle strafe and shoot from the hip so you don't slow down.  having small cover between you and he when you do turn to shoot helps to maybe block some of his shots or his slash dash.

He teleports to you. Can't turn to aim at him because he just 1-shots you.

He doesn't teleport to you if you are at mid-range, only if you get too far or change levels on him.

Don't right mouse button aim, shoot from the hip, and never stop moving.

Wow, I read most of the first page, and skipped the second, but you have been told what to do.

If you are having a problem it isn't because he is hard to kill solo, just that he is hard for you.

When you start to get taunted find a decent sized space, hopefully with some pieces of cover, but try and run around in a space.  Watch for the smoke, recently the smoke cloud pops up a couple times before spawns, but just like it.  When he does spawn in, unload on him.  IF you have weapons geared like you are saying he should be dead before he has a chance to kill you back so the frame you are using or how you have it modded is completely moot.

IF he doesn't die in the first volley he should be pretty damn close to dead, just sprint slide in a direction a couple times, continue to circle strafe and shoot from the hip so you don't slow down.  having small cover between you and he when you do turn to shoot helps to maybe block some of his shots or his slash dash.

I don't know what to tell you, he simply is too powerful for me, and not worth the stress. If he gets reworked or you can practice on him somehow, then I'll give it another shot. Until then, he's all yours.

Which is why you one shot him back, only doing far more damage than him. It's pretty easy to plink a shot off with dread while running away, all you need is one hit with a crit build. Or fill him with rad bullets from a soma. Although again, I personally just like to take him down easily with melee. It's reliable and Stalker can't do anything really to defend against helicoptering with dual ichors.

Alternatively, you can also use the Dragon Nikana, which also one hit kills stalker.

I don't always carry those weapons with me. I'm not saying nerf him, but still. I have no use of killing him anymore except my own pride. 

I noe it hard to believe but his weakness is LAG. During the B.Ground event, he spawned in my solo run. Due to large amount of Infested and complex environment, the game lag like S^*@. When he came, I think I would die and my body will be tear apart by the Infested. But surprisingly, he appear and does not move at all, he just standing at there like an idiot. So, I shoot it with my mighty Soma and bingo, he's dead. I receive Hate BP and credits. Leaving his corspe, I returned to my mission.

what can i say.... the best is stay in a group. So... in solo.. yep is hard to win BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE!.. once i have a fight with him Dread vs dread , my dread have 3 formas... and high slash damage.. and with that.. and run , only run, dodge his attacks.. i defeat him.