The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Goodbye Free Anime And Manga...

Pansoy

But... it doesn't say anything about crunchyroll.co.uk being closed down, only the illegal ones. As far as I'm aware there's nothing illegal about crunchyroll.

Or did I miss something.

Edit: There's no real difference between illegally streaming an anime series and illegally downloading it via torrents, just keep what you're doing one way or the other (yes, I'm encouraging pirating series that you cannot easily obtain outside japan under normal circumstances, sue me :P). As for me, CR is enough for my needs and it most likely won't be affected by this decision as they are doing it legally.

Edited by CapricaSix

Actually, even if the Japanese government does wipe out all the current anime/magna websites and charges people to watch/read them, they would have realised that these people can just download it and then place it on the torrent sites for download, right?

Actually, even if the Japanese government does wipe out all the current anime/magna websites and charges people to watch/read them, they would have realised that these people can just download it and then place it on the torrent sites for download, right?

Torrent sites aren't even necessary if you know what you are doing. You can easily just connect to certain IRC channels and get anything that way. 

Torrent sites aren't even necessary if you know what you are doing. You can easily just connect to certain IRC channels and get anything that way. 

The problem is with the words 'know what you are doing'. 

I find torrent sites to be slightly more trustworthy than IRCs (and both are not really to be trusted for the most part). 

No clue, but here's the list of all the sites:

http://www.meti.go.jp/policy/mono_info_service/contents/downloadfiles/140414.pdf

Just keep scrolling down.

I wish the Japanese government good luck in actually dealing with all of that, and ensuring that the anime/manga downloads would not pop up again. 

Some of them look rather resilient to this crackdown, and I would bet that some of them will just re-upload in a more hidden manner. 

problem is I don t read japanese, do the columns mean something or are all the sites on the list thouroughly scr*wed?

It's a list of the sites getting removed. So yeah, screwed.

Edited by Pansoy

This is bad news for people who live in countries where anime is not available through legal means. Killing your fans, Japan. 

^This.

Heck, Most really old or Obscure not very popular Anime is hard enough to find, No less trying to find legit, Not for Japanese, With subtitle, Ways to watch it.

Even goes for some really new Anime too. I mean geez. If they are going to take everything down, Can they atleast provide their own alternative? Something Like Crunchyroll? (Crunchyroll, While nice and all, Has a pretty limited amount of Anime on there.)

It says they'll open their own, Site. But 250 Anime? Aha. Also Yen Implies Japanese users only.

Edited by SJunior

It's a list of the sites getting removed. So yeah, screwed.

Actually, no. The sites will not be removed. They will get a notification with the question if they would remove the content. Blocking the site for other countries is impossible without the other country their support. And that would take a long time. Most they could do would be to block the sites in japan. For now at least. We will be safe for a while longer then just a month. Though that depends if your fave site will cooperate and remove the content.

Actually, no. The sites will not be removed. They will get a notification with the question if they would remove the content. Blocking the site for other countries is impossible without the other country their support. And that would take a long time. Most they could do would be to block the sites in japan. For now at least. We will be safe for a while longer then just a month. Though that depends if your fave site will cooperate and remove the content.

If that's all they're doing then we should be fine. Most sites seem to ignore takedown notices. Especially torrent sites.

Under the table distribution. I think that would be one way to escape the radar of the Japanese government (if they really do it, since they seem to be a bit preoccupied with the Diaoyu Islands dispute with China lately [again]).