Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows: Dying, Mods With 10 Ranks And Resources.

Umaryu

It's beyond me who tought that it will be good idea.
vx7OUVG.jpg
Not my screen btw.

"Hey guys! Lets make kubrows so people spend hundred of plats on it, potato it and forma it!"
"Cool idea!"
"Also lets add annoying and borderline useless mechanic that will allow kubrows to die so people lose all they plat!"
"YES, GENIUS!"

But seriously. I don't care if it's supposed to make kubrows more personal, something like this should never happen. Kubrows are things were supposed to use on battlefield, at the moment it feels like we need to waste too much resources on them, and they can pernamently die. We didn't get information how DNA mechanics works, we didn't get information how ANYTHING releated to kubrows works, everything was found out by players. Great.

But lets look at some other kubrow related things.

Lets start with something as riddiculous as Bite mod. IT HAS 10 LEVES?! And what is even more annoying we can't even see the crit boost it's supposed to give, not only because kubrows dmg is not shown ingame but also because it's not shown anywhere. Who even knows what is base crit for each kubrows race? Only DE knows. I wont even comment on these pathetic people on trading channel trying to sell it for 100 platinum unranked because it's currently hardest mod to get...

Kubrows have 5 mods that have 10 RANKS, WHAT? We don't have any mod that changes their behavior like we do for sentinels, so you can forget about sneaking with them.
All of the mods must be farmed from feral kubrows on earth. And dens spawn only around 15 of them (not counting bugged ones that can triple that). Another bright idea.

Getting Power Core is 200k? Ok i can understead that, but i can't unrestead why it's one time use. IT'S POWER CORE not battery, and were using it to incubate egg, definetly we need gigajoules of energy to be able to do it.

Now most cringe worthy mechanic. The infamous DNA integrity, and why it's worst thing ever added to Warframe.

Every day kubrow will lose 20% of its dna integrity, therefore lowering it maximum health. To restore it we have to buy DNA stabilizers. 6 for 100 000 credits. 100 000 CREDITS?! What kind of price is that? I guess DE learned from people on trading channel.
And if you want to respond with something like: "IT'S EASY TO GET 100K JUST RUN SECHURA/SEIMENI OR WHATEVER FEW TIMES AND THATS IT, YOU HAVE DNA STABILISERS FOR 12 DAYS " Don't even comment, THANKS.
Anyway.. Ignoring fact that most players can't afford it, can't run high battle pay missions or don't have time to do so, we still have to buy them or our kubrow will die.

And then there were goons, and goons talked about stasis.

So, in order to avoid our kubrow losing it's dna integrity we can put it in stasis. Sounds great? Yeah it does. Until you learn that to "wake" your kubrow from stasis you need 3 hours. 3 HOURS. Some people have 3 hours a week to play games, so basically they can never use their kubrow? If you want to put overpriced "food" in game why not some kind of sobering salts or other cocaine? 

Amount of flaws Kubrows have is way too big to waste your time for it, unless you play 6 hours a day and have no problems with that. Kubrows need to be completely reworked and people who lost their kubrows need to get compensation, i won't even comment about DNA Stabilizers. 

Get your stuff togheter DE.

Why didnt you put him in statis?

This is, again, another RPG mechanic that people who dont play them seem to have trouble understanding.

It was like when WoW was new and all those MMO newbies were all confused that their hunter pets were running away.

This type of thing has also been seen in other F2P games in the way of weapon renting. Luckly in this game it only applies to a side pet and not main weapons.

Considering how all other parts of a Warframe's loadout can be changed instantaneously, stasis becomes an absurd mechanic. Why should the player be penalized with a three-hour lockout before being able to use it as a companion? Basically, if the Kubrow is left out, it degrades, punishing the player. If players put it in stasis and decide to use it later, they have to wait.

Yeah, I'm freezing mine forever and sticking with Sentinels. They're more cost-effective, do just about the same things, and don't succumb to permanent death.

Edited by xGBox

Why didnt you put him in statis?

This is, again, another RPG mechanic that people who dont play them seem to have trouble understanding.

It was like when WoW was new and all those MMO newbies were all confused that their hunter pets were running away.

This type of thing has also been seen in other F2P games in the way of weapon renting. Luckly in this game it only applies to a side pet and not main weapons.

First of all i stated that it's not mine screen, that only shows you either didn't bother to read my post or you just took a look at it ignoring most of what i said. Other interesting thing for me is why youre comparing something like WoW hunter pets to something that should be alternative for sentinels? Two completely different games with completely different mechanics, in WoW you used to pay only montly fee, there we have F2P game where you can use Platinum to buy stuff for your kubrow (or even whole starter kit, lets not forget were talking about real money equivalent there) just so it dies and you lose it? Also let me quote myslef "And then there were goons, and goons talked about stasis" (Btw. read what i wrote under it, maybe you will get enlightened).

Game is supposed to be fun and never, and i mean, NEVER make you lose your progres, especially if you can pay real money for it.

Edited by smajdor

People buy kubrows with plat ? :l

I just cant take it seriously once you suggested that first sentence.

But yes I can understand how maintenance and not being able to sell a kubrow is quite harsh..

Edited by fatpig84

First of all i stated that it's not mine screen, that only shows you either didn't bother to read my post or you just took a look at it ignoring most of what i said.

I ignored all the stuff that seem silly jokes. I started reading when the paragraphs started.

Other interesting thing for me is why youre comparing something like WoW hunter pets to something that should be alternative for sentinels? Two completely different games with completely different mechanics, in WoW you used to pay only montly fee, there we have F2P game where you can use Platinum to buy stuff for your kubrow (or even whole starter kit, lets not forget were talking about real money equivalent there) just so it dies and you lose it? Also let me quote myslef "And then there were goons, and goons talked about stasis" (Btw. read what i wrote under it, maybe you will get enlightened).

Game is supposed to be fun and never, and i mean, NEVER make you lose your progres, especially if you can pay real money for it.

What's your point? In one game you are required to pay and you can loose a pet if you dont feed it, in another game you have the option to pay and the pet dies if you dont feed it.

You guys have been spoiled by the fac that Warframe doesnt do what MOST F2P games do and have you rent out equipment. The first time that this is added to the game to one thing is blowing up your minds. Like i said, luckily that this is just done with one side pet instead of main things like weapons and frames.

Why don't you address the RNG that is required to GET one of those to begin with?

Or about the fact that there is no way to get rid of your cloned sickly dog so you're stuck with whatever ugliness they throw at you unless you starve them for 5 days?

Or how about Loyalty having a 3/3 daily limit to restore it, considering it restores 20% per use and the Kubrow loses 40% per death?

Or how about the price of Imprints being increasingly more ridiculous to acquire and them doing actually nothing since you can have a full red Kubrow, a full blond Kubrow and result in a full dull gunmetal Kubrow somehow?

I put mine in the freezer and it'll probably stay there forever.

I wanted to warm up to it and love and care for it, but when I learned about how stupid the upkeep is I decided it's just not worth it.

You guys have been spoiled by the fac that Warframe doesnt do what MOST F2P games do and have you rent out equipment. 

Not quite, I can only speak for myself here but I would never have downloaded, supported or even considered to play Warframe in the first place if it had the mechanic of renting progression.

So it is not so much "spoiled" as factoring in that in the selection process of which games I decide to stick to.

Edited by VikingoX

yeah i dont know why the stabilisers cost 100k for 6.

look at it this way. it costs team energy restore  blueprint costs 250,000 ONCE. and it can be rebuilt infinitely for 9,000.

but stabilisers cost 100k for 6, and its purpose is used for a mechanic that decays over time.

I think the worst part of the kubrow issue is the whole dna breakdown.  Not because it is a bad mechanic, but because it is a load of crap.

Just how is their dna breaking down?  Why? Why are we unable to do anything reasonable about the problem?  Just how could a single 13k some syringe cure this problem no matter how badly degraded the kubrow is?

There just isn't any good explanation.  I would have preferred it be a hunger meter, and the liset automatically stasis a kubrow that is too hungry.  And the stabilizer just be called puppy chow.

Naming it dna is just a very lazily thought up concept.  Much better methods should be enacted when it comes to gameplay mechanics like this.  Kubrow aren't supposed to just be another sentinel, but they aren't really a pet either because of just how lacking these mechanics are.  You couldn't think ahead and work out just how annoying these details were, and you didn't even bother to think that they sound pretty stupid, but you slapped it together anyway and didn't consider that it would be disappointing.

The dev team overhyped kubrows for themselves and released without considering some of these additional details.  It is just something that isn't really up to the standard you thought you were delivering.  Maybe you imagined something that hasn't been implemented yet, but you are going to have to tell us while you hurry up and finish.

I ignored all the stuff that seem silly jokes. I started reading when the paragraphs started.

What's your point? In one game you are required to pay and you can loose a pet if you dont feed it, in another game you have the option to pay and the pet dies if you dont feed it.

You guys have been spoiled by the fac that Warframe doesnt do what MOST F2P games do and have you rent out equipment. The first time that this is added to the game to one thing is blowing up your minds. Like i said, luckily that this is just done with one side pet instead of main things like weapons and frames.

Other games that rent stuff did not have you to forma it 6 times and pay for the potato and other crap so you can lose it later. This is worse than any other game. Losing progress you've developed is like automatic down leveling in other games.

Edited by dou888

Why don't you address the RNG that is required to GET one of those to begin with?

Or about the fact that there is no way to get rid of your cloned sickly dog so you're stuck with whatever ugliness they throw at you unless you starve them for 5 days?

Or how about Loyalty having a 3/3 daily limit to restore it, considering it restores 20% per use and the Kubrow loses 40% per death?

Or how about the price of Imprints being increasingly more ridiculous to acquire and them doing actually nothing since you can have a full red Kubrow, a full blond Kubrow and result in a full dull gunmetal Kubrow somehow?

1. You could buy an egg for 10. 10p is cheap to get, couple of mods could get you that quick.

2. Yeah this sucks. I think it was probably done to get you to pay for statis slots to keep people who dont care about the dog and just care about making money at bay.

3. I think this was done to balance the fact that you can continue reviving the thing unlike the Sentinel that get one max then they are out of the missions. It's kind of like Warframe revives.

4. This is all the players fault. Some folks complained about the 10p for a roll at a random color was too much RNG, that they spend hundreds and still not gotten the color they wanted so it was taken away. Now the only way to get color is from other people and they are basically charging the same amount that the people that say they spend hundreds payed for.  Which screws over the little guys because now they are stuck with browns being the only colors that anyone sells close to 10p.

Other games that rent stuff did not have you to forma it 6 times and pay for the potato and other crap so you can lose it later. This is worse than any other game. Losing progress you've developed is like automatic down leveling in other games.

Paying it's up to you.

In other games you have to rent every single aspect of the weapon. You got the bare weapon and if you wanted a longer clip, sights, recoil, X type damage, etc, etc, all had to be rented. You get this all for free in mods in this game.  There are games where you have to buy each grenade you use.... i never understood that.  Like....

Edited by Mak_Gohae

*snip*

name them, i play and have played a ton of f2p and p2p mmo games rpg/fps/space shooter/simulation/strategy, nowhere have i seen a mechanic like the kubrows. seems more like something that belongs in a facebook game not a 3rd person co-op shooter.

Paying it's up to you.

In other games you have to rent every single aspect of the weapon. You got the bare weapon and if you wanted a longer clip, sights, recoil, X type damage, etc, etc, all had to be rented. You get this all for free in mods in this game.  There are games where you have to buy each grenade you use.... i never understood that.  Like....

Can you buy levels in other games? Did you have to play for xx number of hours with this weapon before you can rent an extra clip? And then if you don't play everything youve worked for, not paid for, plus those you've paid for is gone?

I guess the migration to PWE is real for warframe.

Edited by dou888

4. This is all the players fault. Some folks complained about the 10p for a roll at a random color was too much RNG, that they spend hundreds and still not gotten the color they wanted so it was taken away. Now the only way to get color is from other people and they are basically charging the same amount that the people that say they spend hundreds payed for.  Which screws over the little guys because now they are stuck with browns being the only colors that anyone sells close to 10p.

Because people generally pay plat to get away from the RNG.

Sorry, but it's not the player's fault the imprint system is half-baked, unreliable, and fails to disclose vital information a breeder needs to make informed choices (e.g. what the game considers a dominant trait and therefor what'll be passed on to the offspring). And to nip the "oh, but we're supposed to experiment to find out" excuse in the bud, the two imprint limit per-doge means we can't really do so since we can't reliably replicate results to determine which traits are actually inheritable and which ones were simply granted via RNG.

Using busted @$$ mechanics from a mmo released fully a decade ago, and were then subsequently patched out because they were BS, is not really helping your argument that any of the current kubrow mechanics are well thought out.

I agree with smaj , I had the same happen to me. I spend money on speeding the growth process and farmed like a madman to get the egg in the first place, took my sunika for a spin and had to leave for a few days and came back to the exact same message. At this point I wasn't informed once about perma-death cause it didnt say so anywhere during the quest and everyone in the forums was also new to it. Thats 250k credits and plat gone just like that :/

Edited by FenrisSilverfang

I don't think it is really fair to compare the Kubrow to the pet system in WoW as the one in WoW is actually better thought out. It isn't ridiculously expensive to feed a pet. Generally you can buy enough food to keep a pet fed for quite a while with a small amount of silver or copper. In future patches they made it so that you should be using appropriate level food, but the cost of the food scaled with your level. So you weren't stuck paying for level 60 food at level 10 (which is pretty much equivalent to what Kubrow upkeep is currently like).

Weapon renting is a terrible mechanic and I probably wouldn't be playing Warframe if it was built on a system of renting progress.

Edited by Zyion

Stop expecting a sentinel. Superior performance requires higher upkeep. Logical rules of the game.

Superior performance? I think you never seen fully modded dethcube or carrier, one will outdamage and second will be equal to a fully modded kubrow and will have higher dps. Not even counting fact that they can be as tanky as kubrows and carrier will automaticly gather stuff for you, none of kubrows can do it (wich i find funny because feral kubrows can get stuff in their mouth and run around with it).

"Other games do it" doesn't make it right.

Stop using another games as an excuse. I started playing Warframe because it didn't have any of that bullcrap.

SOMEONE WITH STANDARDS! FINALLY!

Everyone follow this example, people, stop trying to justify everything Warframe throws at us only because other games do the same! Don't settle for the lowest common denominator!