Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Research Weapons Should Atleast Have 1 Polarity.

(PSN)Goldengeartwo

Research weapons are one of the most costly weapons to craft ingame, as well as the usual research time it takes ontop of the time it takes to gather all research materials. Yet when you finally do get such weapons, having no polarities can be a real pain.

Having atleast one polarity would be nice...

Considering it takes forma to craft these it's pretty logical that they should have as many polarities as it requires forma.

We've been asking for this for almost a year and yet DEvs have done nothing about it and they will never will because it would hurt their profits

Sadly this thread is pointless

So true, it's been such a pain lately using weapons that have no polarity slots making them very annoying to level for more mastery points.  It also lets me see weapons that I like, such as the Sybaris, and I can see the potential on them but I'm not about to spend a ton of formas or the time (especially since xp gain does seem slower now) just to make them able to wield the mods that they need when I already other weapons like the Latron Prime that can pretty much do anything.  Not having polarity slots on research weapons feels like a slap in the face.  You go through all the trouble of researching the weapon, then crafting it (and probably crafting a forma to craft the research weapon) and after all of that you get a weapon that has 0 polarity slots.

Completely agree with it!

The same about Prime weapons...

And the same about some AK secondaries that had a polarity on the solo model and then end up without polarity once in AK.

:o

Seriously, what the actual F*** happened to that polarity in the process of fusing it with another one?

I'm also of the opinion that if you fuse two guns to become Akimbo, their polarities (even ones you added) should be carried over.

So is the complaint here that we don't get enough free Forma in alerts or just from easy Extermination missions in the Void with easy to craft keys, or that 25 minutes is too long on Sachura to re-level a gun to Rank 30 while reading a book and getting some mates to go 30-40 waves with Pentas?

So is the complaint here that we don't get enough free Forma in alerts or just from easy Extermination missions in the Void with easy to craft keys, or that 25 minutes is too long on Sachura to re-level a gun to Rank 30 while reading a book and getting some mates to go 30-40 waves with Pentas?

Nah, I think the complaint is that ClanTech gear mostly require Forma to craft yet lack innate polarities. Just a wild guess.

Clantech weapons are almost all better than market weapons. I think the higher cost is meant to balance that fact.

Ofc i d like a polarity on them that lack it but i think the balancing works in that case

Clantech weapons are almost all better than market weapons. I think the higher cost is meant to balance that fact.

Ofc i d like a polarity on them that lack it but i think the balancing works in that case

Speaking of which, why are the Penta and Dragon Nikana in the Market again?

Nah, I think the complaint is that ClanTech gear mostly require Forma to craft yet lack innate polarities. Just a wild guess.

... which I'm pretty sure it's a design feature. Just because people don't see design it does not mean no design exists. Pretty sure the Devs went through each weapon and questioned putting polarized slots on them, and did not.

Just a wild guess.

... which I'm pretty sure it's a design feature. Just because people don't see design it does not mean no design exists. Pretty sure the Devs went through each weapon and questioned putting polarized slots on them, and did not.

Just a wild guess.

Mhmm. I guess devs went through, questioned and decided to have weapons like Spectra and Supra lacking polarities but the Forma-less Serro having a free V polarity. Or maybe they just skipped the 'looking over the thing one more time to see if it made sense' part. Just a wild guess of course.

Just a wild guess.

Mhmm. I guess devs went through, questioned and decided to have weapons like Spectra and Supra lacking polarities but the Forma-less Serro having a free V polarity. Or maybe they just skipped the 'looking over the thing one more time to see if it made sense' part. Just a wild guess of course.

too much conspiracy

I agree.

The only problem is that every new weapon would have a D polarity, because DE seems to love that D polarity.

Just a wild guess.

"It's a feature!"

QkBZYmX.png

Oh please.

You're just stating the obvious. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be much logic to whether something comes with a polarity or not. It never has to do with relative power. It just happens. In fact, many of the weaker weapons come with no polarities while more powerful ones do. I wonder what that means?

And I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I've had a lot less Forma drop recently. Earlier this year, they used to drop like candy. Now I rarely get them in Survivals, and over the past few days I spent 25 exterm keys before I finally got a BP.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

too much conspiracy

Oh please don't mind us. Back on-topic.

The lack of polarities wouldn't matter so much if some ClanTech weapons weren't so underwhelming that the Forma requirement without innate polarity becomes a Prova to the spore sack. Should bring up that one first, with the Spectra, Flux Rifle, Supra(sigh, Corpus) and Torid following right after. If it was intended game design to have subpar weapons needing Forma to craft yet lacking the courtesy of at least one polarity like so many other weapons have, I'm not going to hide my disappointment.

an easy answer would be to get formas out of clan weaps building materials

this would be my preference as i don t see the logic of using an alrdy rare (in these last updates) ressource with other uses just to build weapons

Oh please don't mind us. Back on-topic.

The lack of polarities wouldn't matter so much if some ClanTech weapons weren't so underwhelming that the Forma requirement without innate polarity becomes a Prova to the spore sack. Should bring up that one first, with the Spectra, Flux Rifle, Supra(sigh, Corpus) and Torid following right after. If it was intended game design to have subpar weapons needing Forma to craft yet lacking the courtesy of at least one polarity like so many other weapons have, I'm not going to hide my disappointment.

This.