Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Quanta Tweaks

Renegade343

Hello all, 

This thread will detail a small tweak to the Mutalist Quanta so that it would be more of a side-grade with its cousin, the Quanta. The suggestion is below: 

The Mutalist Quanta is a weapon where it can shoot a cube that deals Radiation and shoots a laser machine gun, while the Quanta is the same weapon, but shoots out twin Electric damage lasers and shoots cubes that deal Blast damage. While the cubes are fine and such, the power difference between the Mutalist Quanta laser machine rifle and the Quanta twin electric laser does make them a bit less of a side-grade (which should be, given the massive similarities of their structure and attacks), not to mention that it does feel weird for a laser to suddenly turn to machine gun when the Infested biology latched onto the Quanta. 

Thus, to change it, the Mutalist Quanta will now shoot out two lasers from its tips (like the Quanta) instead of the machine gun, but the non-Infested part will shoot out an Electric damage laser, while the Infested part will shoot out a Toxic damage laser. These lasers will converge at a hard point of 25.0m (converging point will not change based on distance between the player and the targeted enemy, meaning if close enough, enemies will look as though they are hit by two separate lasers).

Both lasers will deal 80 damage over time separately, and if enemies are hit with the last 5.0m of the 25.0m laser (from the converging point), then they would be dealt 190 Corrosive damage over time (meaning if the player hits the enemies with the converging point, or up to 5.0m from the converging point, enemies are dealt Corrosive damage). That means if enemies are < 20.0m away from the player shooting the Mutalist Quanta lasers and are hit, they will be dealt both Electric and Toxic damage at the same time (if both lasers hit. If only Electric laser hits, then only deal Electric damage, and the same for the Toxic laser). 

For modding, here is the list: 

Fire: Gas + Radiation, converging = Corrosive + Fire

Ice: Viral + Magnetic, converging = Corrosive + Ice

Electric: Corrosive + Electric, converging = Corrosive (will add damage from the Electric mod card)

Toxic: Toxic + Corrosive, converging = Corrosive (will add damage from the Toxic mod card)

Ice + Fire: Blast (damage split evenly between the two lasers) + Toxic + Electric, converging = Corrosive + Blast

Ice + Electric: Toxic + Magnetic, converging = Corrosive (will add damage from the Electric mod card) + Magnetic

Ice + Toxic: Viral + Electric, converging = Corrosive (will add damage from the Toxic mod card) + Viral

Fire + Toxic: Gas + Electric, converging = Corrosive (will add damage from the Toxic mod card) + Gas

Electric + Fire: Toxic + Radiation, converging = Corrosive (will add damage from the Electric mod card) + Radiation

Electric + Toxic: Corrosive (split evenly between the two lasers and adding on to both lasers), converging = Corrosive (will add damage from both Toxic and Electric mod cards)

With this change, I hope to make the Mutalist Quanta be more of a side-grade compared to the Quanta, while giving it its own niche and unique mechanic for more varied use. 

Please take the time to read this thread, and give constructive criticism and feedback. 

Renegade343

Edited by Renegade343

When will you shoot lasers for me?

Tell me Quanta Quanta Quaaaantaaa?

In all seriousness,

Shooting two elements at a time is definitely an exciting idea, but it might be a nightmare to mod for... augh, but that might be what makes it fun!

Toxic and Electric. How would the modding be focused?

Adding an Ice mod could turn that into Viral and Magnetic, making it awesome against Corpus. Adding an Ice and Electric mod, though, might make it deal Toxic and Magnetic?? Fire makes it Gas and Radiation, an odd combo, but by adding either a toxic or electric mod you bring the focus away from the other element...

And, adding a Toxic mod would be interesting in-of itself. Would change it to Toxic and Corrosive, while an Electric mod would change it to Electric and Corrosive. Adding both would take focus from both beams, turning it into a Corrosive + Toxic + Electric weapon. There's a lot of weird possibilities here.

For the sake of simplicity, I'd nix the idea of the converged beams dealing Corrosive damage. But you know what? Warframe needs more unique, weird weapons like this. +1.

Edited by Varzy

When will you shoot lasers for me?

Tell me Quanta Quanta Quaaaantaaa?

In all seriousness,

Shooting two elements at a time is definitely an exciting idea, but it might be a nightmare to mod for... augh, but that might be what makes it fun!

Toxic and Electric. How would the modding be focused?

Adding an Ice mod could turn that into Viral and Magnetic, making it awesome against Corpus. Adding an Ice and Electric mod, though, might make it deal Toxic and Magnetic?? Fire makes it Gas and Radiation, an odd combo, but by adding either a toxic or electric mod you bring the focus away from the other element...

And, adding a Toxic mod would be interesting in-of itself. Would change it to Toxic and Corrosive, while an Electric mod would change it to Electric and Corrosive. Adding both would take focus from both beams, turning it into a Corrosive + Toxic + Electric weapon. There's a lot of weird possibilities here.

For the sake of simplicity, I'd nix the idea of the converged beams dealing Corrosive damage. But you know what? Warframe needs more unique, weird weapons like this. +1.

I have the whole set in my mind, but generally, the two damage types listed will be applied last, just like all the other innate elemental weaponry. 

• 2 months later...