Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Tiers?

Glasglow

Question

I've been wondering, which Warframes are good and which aren't that good overall?

Is there a tier-list somewhere for warframes as there is for weapons?

I mean, obviously Prime Versions are better than the Normal ones and there should be no reason to keep non-prime versions once you aquire the Prime ones.

But overall, what are the best frames to have for each role?

From my own experience, having only 4 frames at the moment, my ability to rank them is limited to...

S Tier: 
Mirage
A Tier:

Banshee
B Tier:
Volt

C Tier:
Nekros

With C tier being the lowest, where frames in it need major changes and rebalancing,  A tier being top tier where frames bring either extreme utility, or have high performance, right under the broken classes of S tier, and B tier being the average tier that aren't too bad, but aren't very good either.

Edited by Glasglow

There are several primes that have extra benefits. Loki gets more energy, Rhino moves faster and Excaliber gets faster sheild recharge over non prime version.

Also Loki  is S tier he's advanced and one of the harder warframes, but if you mod him and play him right his ability to survive from invisibility is second to none and it's very hard for his damage to fall off. 

He excels in capture, exterminate, survival and thanks to his 1 he is even good in defense if you know how to place his clone under stairs and other places that it won't instantly die. I'd even argue that at it stands he's the best frame in the game but I know many won't agree.

Loki is my favourite and i spent alot of time perfecting his abilities. I can't confirm he's the best because i didin't use all the frames, neither do i want to, at this point i can say he's better than most of my frames. At this moment i can stand up to 40 minutes survival alone. I agree that primes have benefits, but if you rank normal ones and put on right mods, they can be as powerful as prime versions. 

I've been wondering, which Warframes are good and which aren't that good overall?

Is there a tier-list somewhere for warframes as there is for weapons?

I mean, obviously Prime Versions are better than the Normal ones and there should be no reason to keep non-prime versions once you aquire the Prime ones.

But overall, what are the best frames to have for each role?

From my own experience, having only 4 frames at the moment, my ability to rank them is limited to...

S Tier: 

Mirage

A Tier:

Banshee

B Tier:

Volt

C Tier:

Nekros

With C tier being the lowest, where frames in it need major changes and rebalancing,  A tier being top tier where frames bring either extreme utility, or have high performance, right under the broken classes of S tier, and B tier being the average tier that aren't too bad, but aren't very good either.

Ugh...I hate people like you. There are NO TIERS okay. Get that through your head. There are only good players and bad players. You admitted to having only four frames. This means you know 0 about the game and how to play each frame.

Let me explain Warframe MAXIMIZATION AND ROLES instead. Let's hope you can read:

Nekros (if you're not running my SoTD build, you're not playing him right). His ulti is amazing..if used with Natural Talent, Rage and Equilibrium for endless energy to keep spamming it. Shame people don't know how to build frames) - Nekros is a support role frame. He is designed to loot, give extra life support, health and energy, but also to assist in turning the tides. He has poor CC, everyone knows that, but his role in a team is NOT CC, it's to assist. Shadows are there to assist, or to keep you from getting fragged if you're running solo.

Ember - Using the double power strength build, with only accelerant and fireball. She becomes a top-tier killer especially with a properly modded out Ignis. People who run around with World on Fire, are simply not using Ember correctly at all.

Oberon - Like with any self-healing frame. Rage is very viable. Consistent healing and use of Reckoning, makes him a force to be reckoned with and did I mention it benefits your party? Oh and before people go.."but er...daaaaaah...his uh...power not heal gud enuf". Well guess what, most pro frames run around 600 health. Assuming you build properly, you should get around 300+ healing. That's about half your health back in a single cast. What are you? Some kind of door hero?

Volt - Volt to me...is unique. Build him for good efficiency and make use of Speed and his Shield. You can slap on Overload if you really need CC, but you will realise that the shield and firing through it, is enough to kill almost anything. Give him an Amprex and he will rock you nicely. (plus speed helps the reload, so there is that y'know).

Excalibur - I always felt he was weak...before I learned to actually use him. Radial Blind is all you need. Focus on using that as his main skill and he quickly becomes a high-powered CC'er. Slap on Dual Ichors or Zoren or Scoliac or any other copter capable weapon and get to locations fast. You can build for Radial Javelin, but I tend to focus only on his CC.

Loki - T4 God of CC. Radial Disarm and Invisibility are your friends. Throw on Decoy if you intend to solo void defense. You are welcome. He also synergizes strongly with Boar Prime, D. Nikana/Dual Ichors and a Marelok/Brakk/Despair. Simply because he can force opponents to come to him or his decoy with nothing but a stun baton.

Nyx - T4 Goddess of CC. Mind Control lets you heal the team by taking over healers (but they usually kill them so nevermind) and her Chaos is godly when you have 50m + of range.  Absorb will also assist you if anything goes wrong.

Vauban - Other than Nyx's Chaos; throwing his vortex and using a bow to hit everything inside, makes Vauban one of the craziest frames in history. I love him against the Infested. Slap on Dread, Marelok (with some punch-through) or a Vectis (with punch-through) or...well anything with punch-through and watch him wreck stuff. Dread is love though, dread is life.

Valkyr  - Wombo Combo, google it, try it out, modify it to suit your needs. You're welcome.

Mirage - Great DPS'er, great survivalist, but totally ability dependent. Furthermore, she has no proper CC, (We don't mention Prism or Sleight of Hand, building for either would not maximize her primary two abilities though). However you can slap on pseudo CC with weapons like the Amprex or other crowd-controlling weapons and with the power boost from Eclipse, nothing survives.

Frost  - He is more of a mid-tier frame than a end-game frame. Even for defense missions. Loki does a better job since all enemies are forced to come to the pod and Vauban can just Vortex them all. However, when soloing Mobile Defenses or doing Defense missions alone. I still like using Frost. He's a great mid-tier frame with some tankiness, especially if you're not yet ready to play a squishy frame. So you could call him CC on training wheels...i guess.

Rhino - When used in CAPABLE hands, Rhino is a very balanced frame. He has decent CC, he can amp up team damage and protect himself long enough to revive others. He is a good medic and survivalist, but unlike a real tank can't just stand in front of enemy fire and let it all happen.

Trinity - She is Jesus. Brings you all back to life yo. A lot of people overlook a maxed duration build on Trinity (and I have no idea why). Give her flow and quick thinking and she has insane effective health. Slap on a Rage mod too, so she can energize from the damage she receives. She functions best against the Grineer and Void. Against pure Corpus, the magnetic procs can really hurt, same for Infested.

Mag - Works well with Trinity and just about anything that has a shield. Using a maxed efficiency build and doubled strength build (because Pull and Shield Polarize are not duration dependant) you can still slap on a Stretch mod and watch her Shield Polarize devastate the Corpus while constantly regenerating your shield. She also nukes the Void very nicely. Poor against Infested and Grineer though.

And I'm too tired to go on, but basically, there are no Tiers. Each frame can be used in one way or another. It's up to you to figure out the build and the frame for the job. If you're too lazy and want one frame that is better than all others. That does not exist.

So git gud or git rekt.

Edited by Semshol

S Tier:

Nova

Mirage

A Tier:

Ash

Banshee

Excal

Nekros

Vauban

Trinity

Rhino

Nyx

B Tier:

Volt

Zephyr

Valkyr

Hydroid

Mag

C Tier:

Frost

Ember

Loki

Saryn

D Tier:

Oberon

That's just my personal opinion, though.  Keep in mind, ALL the frames(Besides Oberon in my personal opinion) have the potential to be very good and I wouldn't necessarily say many of them need buffs, but this is just my personal view.

Edited by UFOLoche

Ugh...I hate people like you. 

Nobody gives a flying care about what you have to say, sorry.

S Tier:

Nova

Mirage

A Tier:

Ash

Banshee

Excal

Nekros

Vauban

Trinity

Rhino

Nyx

B Tier:

Volt

Zephyr

Valkyr

Hydroid

Mag

C Tier:

Frost

Ember

Loki

Saryn

D Tier:

Oberon

That's just my personal opinion, though.  Keep in mind, ALL the frames(Besides Oberon in my personal opinion) have the potential to be very good and I wouldn't necessarily say many of them need buffs, but this is just my personal view.

Aye i hear you on S Tier grade, seems logical.

As for A tier, don't think nekros belongs there just cause of desecrate,  and banshee is kinda gimped and awfully bugged at the moment, her sonar doesn't work properly most of the time.

Edited by Glasglow

Man, Mirage is a good SOLO warframe. Period. For every other role, i would always choose others. As for damage, i would choose Nova. I think it's quite better boosting ENTIRE TEAM'S damage instead of yours. And damage is the only purpose a Mirage could have in a team. CC is too low compared to Nyx or Vauban, Mirage also don't have party utilities...why would i take Mirage in a T4S aside from damage?

About tiers, seriously man, there aren't such things. I could agree with you some frames could be less effective in high-end game, but are all still viable for any content, what is really important is basically skill and team construction/synergy.

-snip-

This is a perfect review of the frames. Semshol definitely looked at all of the frame's potential. btw, I prefer to max out range on Ember for more CC, but that's just my preference.

Edited by Yazeth

Nobody gives a flying care about what you have to say, sorry.

I'm sorry if you don't get this, but everyone can share its opinions.

Every Warframe is Tier A if owners knows how to control it, heck i can't use idk Zephyr so i put it in Tier F? There is always someone who can use every, and i say every frame on any mission solo. He just needs to master it. What's the point of making your own list then, if everyone's list is diffrent. There is no auto-high-end frame. I hope you get my point.