Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please, Ask If I'm Ready

adarazrad

I usually put up with it because it's their key after all.  They may be giving you as much as a benefit as you *possibly* might be giving them.  Remember many players are more than capable of solo'ing any non-endless mission, it's all early game trash anyway (Maybe T4 MD gets a little tricky, but it's really a snore with the right loadout and playstyle).  Some players are actually trying to give you a free ride and you should appreciate that.  I'm personally not a key-farmer, so I will take anything I can get without a complaint.

Edited by GravesTheOutlaw

Graves, thanks for comment.

you right, its their key, but still, that make them to start mission right away? at least be a bit polite and ask, and some T4 can be tricky if you accidentaly bring level 10 equips that you wanted to make sure you switched in arsenal but you didn't had time cause he started, again I agree its their key and I appreciate the sharing, but that's a basic thing and just one word

(edit) just happened! T2 MD and I brought level 10 grakata/seer/pangolin sword I said hi just to be polite, and before I had the chance to check if im with the right equips (I wasent ) the host started , I asked them if next game they could say ready and the answer was " stop whining already "... that's what im talking about! ( wasted whole clip on corrupted crewman to kill )

Edited by adarazrad

you right, its their key, but still, that make them to start mission right away? at least be a bit polite and ask, and some T4 can be tricky if you accidentaly bring level 10 equips that you wanted to make sure you switched in arsenal but you didn't had time cause he started, again I agree its their key and I appreciate the sharing, but that's a basic thing and just one word

How i look at it when they ninja start the mission?

Better for me if i have weapons/frames to level, as i will go super leech mode and be useless with that setup.

This is indeed true.  However, as others have said before me, it's the Internet.  Sometimes people just don't care.

How i look at it when they ninja start the mission?

Better for me if i have weapons/frames to level, as i will go super leech mode and be useless with that setup.

when i go super leeching im taking vauban with bounce/ loki with ST for extra troll :)

just happened! T2 MD and I brought level 10 grakata/seer/pangolin sword I said hi just to be polite, and before I had the chance to check if im with the right equips (I wasent ) the host started , I asked them if next game they could say ready and the answer was " stop whining already "... that's what im talking about! ( wasted whole clip on corrupted crewman to kill )

well there you go : live action of the " ninja speed starters " ( finally able to quote, using firefox )

Lol. Tell me that. I have so many frames now and so little loadouts. 5 loadouts is not nearly enough for the type of stuff I switch too.

Even then. If the host isn't going to be responsible for checking to see if people are ready or at least check to see if the players in the group have an adequate loadout now that we can see players levels and such. Then I think it's fair to say it is their fault.

I check all the time. It takes less than a second to hit esc and see who is using what. type in chat "Ready?" and see if they all respond.

Otherwise you're asking to get wiped. especially Tower Survival and Defense.

I manage it just fine and I'm hosting a lot of the time. Even before U14 when you couldn't see what levels people were.

You're right about not having enough loadout slots.  Ideally I'd like 7 or 8, maybe even 10 given how many frames there are.  It's better than the way it was before though.

=)

You're right about not having enough loadout slots.  Ideally I'd like 7 or 8, maybe even 10 given how many frames there are.  It's better than the way it was before though.

=)

in my opinion its a but stupid reward for rank up, especially if you work hard to get 10 + where each rank startin to require about 40k + mastery and growing with each rank, but thats my opinion

Staying on topic.

Politely as them to wait. (Which I know you do)

Or, be all geared up before you pm someone asking for an invite.

If however the host starts the game. Rely on your team mates. Stay close to them, so even if you go down they will (hopefully) revive you. Don't worry, we all bleed out.

Or, you can host and invite others. Ask them if they are ready. Be an example people would want to follow.

Or, be part of a clan where the squads are well organized.

This is the best you can do. And when joining public matches, leave 'expectations' on your ship. Expect the worst to happen

be all geared up before you pm someone asking for an invite.

If however the host starts the game. Rely on your team mates. Stay close to them, so even if you go down they will (hopefully) revive you. Don't worry, we all bleed out.

i mostly am geared up, but sometimes i forget, and some people wont revive me cause i accidentaly brought bad equips or said " please next time ask ready " then they got rage attack : IM NOT A FREAKIN NOOB! YOU WONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO! etc etc

i mostly am geared up, but sometimes i forget, and some people wont revive me cause i accidentaly brought bad equips or said " please next time ask ready " then they got rage attack : IM NOT A FREAKIN NOOB! YOU WONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO! etc etc

Expect the worst to happen

Actually, don't expect anything from a public group. When I join a game, I automatically assume that I'm surrounded by a bunch of *beeps* and they rely on me, not the other way around.

What else can you do?

Actually, don't expect anything from a public group. When I join a game, I automatically assume that I'm surrounded by a bunch of *beeps* and they rely on me, not the other way around.

What else can you do?

any solution we can ask from DE? ideas?

i had an idea in the first post of topic : the game starts only when all 4 players vote

That's how the current UI is, game only starts if all players are ready or if host hits Start Timer, which gives you 20 seconds to prepare. 

That's how the current UI is, game only starts if all players are ready or if host hits Start Timer, which gives you 20 seconds to prepare. 

hosts hit the timer even before i join, when i do join the game already starts

thats how the " ninja speed starting " works

i mean that ONLY if players in void press then it goin

As a host that always asks for people to ready up when they're ready I find it irritating when they push the "start timer" button, too. The new party system is great because it lets people ready up and when they all ready up it then starts but they should really add a system where one person is the party leader so randoms can't start the game

It really depends on the situation.

Sometimes the host just invites people to be generous and share the loot while they power throught the mission in a few minutes with all op dps gear / frames. And sometimes they are already inside the mission when people ask for an invite. 

The times that it isnt ok is when they try to host an endless mission, these you should at least make sure everyone is ready for the mission ahead.

On the contrary however i noticed that 90% of the time i host and ask if everyones ready, no one will respond. Which i usually just end up starting the mission then. 

But if you want to change your gear before starting make sure to announce it in squad chat right when you join. The new ui now allows time for you to do so since the countdown starts from 20 seconds? Or until everyone hits ready.

Are you ready Ray?

Yeah.

How about you Frank?

Oh I'm all ready.

How about you Mikey?

I am @(*()$ ready!

I think I'm alright, 1, 2, 3, 4!

(Guitar)

I think this is a perfectly polite example.

Edited by PachTrick

Well whenever I go to recruiting and I know I will be wanting the Void I set up everything well beforehand. So that when I find a Host I will not need to set up anything anymore. 

Sometimes even saying please wait to the host they will still go so for me its a sure fire way to avoid that. From my experience anyway. 

This is logical, but guess some folks needs a reminder.

to OP, just do this before u even go to the recruting channel :)