Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Dojo Question

Xyzamos

Question

Simply curious about something, I have the Clan hall, greater hall, and am building the greatest hall(the one with 6 doors), 

Once I have the Greatest hall built, can I destroy the previous ones so I don't have a crap ton of clan halls to run through to it? 

3 answers to this question

I only have 1 reactor currently but haven't noticed any issues, I haven't built anything else simply due to lack of doors, etc.  I am pretty clueless with the dojo stuff, I'm sure I'm missing something fairly obvious for easy expansion and I'm going about it the hard way, lol

I only have 1 reactor currently but haven't noticed any issues, I haven't built anything else simply due to lack of doors, etc.  I am pretty clueless with the dojo stuff, I'm sure I'm missing something fairly obvious for easy expansion and I'm going about it the hard way, lol

You have two ressources units to manage while building a dojo : Energy and Capacity

Halls provide more overall Capacity ressource so you can setup other rooms, elevators or labs which all will cost a number of Capacity and Energy Units; each Hall will give you a set amount of Space units. A good way to make more 'doorways' is to use cross or T connectors which will allow you to link several rooms together by the connector.

Reactors will give you more Energy unit ressources; they're pretty straightforward "Build one, get more Energy". They're all single door rooms so it's best to save them for areas you don't intend to build further in.

Also, try to design a general layout idea on paper at least else you'll end up plugging what you can all over the place randomly and end up with things being hard to reach.

Our own dojo, for example, is designed with a 3 floor plan with a central access to elevators to quickly get from one to another :

• The second floor has a cross connector with an elevator going down to 1F and the 3 branches each leading to the 3 largest halls. The largest hall, going on the right out of the elevator, houses all our labs (since it has 6 doors, minus the one used to access it) as well as the solar rail lab with a central trading post in the middle of the room and is set as the spawn room. The second largest hall, going left out of the elevator, is currently used as a social meeting place and area for future additions (it currently only has the Oracle). The third largest hall is straight forward out of the elevator and is used to lead to our gardens as well as the repository for the drum placeables.
  • The first floor has a cross connector with the elevator leading to 2F being directly across to the elevator going to B1. On the left, we have our first hall which leads to the parkour course. On the right, we have the 2nd hall which leads to the duel room. It's a pretty straight forward level which has use for members who wish to train
  • The basement is a serie of cross connectors going left and right from the main one used to access the elevator going to 1F. We have 4 such connectors linked with every side passages leading to a reactor room (or a space reserved so a future reactor can be built), 2 on each side from leaving the elevator either left or right. Past the serie on the left, we have a T connector in place which leads to the only barracks we've built (to increase our clan size from 10 to 30).

And if you don't like the layout you currently have, you can always destroy any room which aren't linked to any other except by a single access point and has all placeables removed. It'll dump the ressources for it in your clan vault so you can rebuild it elsewhere without having to pay the ressource and credit costs for that room type all over again (thought you'll have to wait for the room to be deleted, 12 hours I think, then for the new room to be built when placed). We redid ours entirely with the current design for ease of access since our old design was simply an "S" with three floors with elevators being on each end of the main floor (and was a pain to get from the basement to the 2nd floor).

One last thing : each room has an individual capacity for placeable decorations. Those do not impede on your overall space but only on the allowed space units within that room.

So the key points are : plan ahead, design by step and if you mess up, you can always undo without wasting ressources.

Edited by Wiegraf