Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Fix Impact! (Damage 2.0) Resistances Are The Problem!

Jin_Kazama

I've been complaining about this for ages, even sent PM's to DE people with no reply xD, I suppose its just one of those things,

But i strongly feel as though damages and resistances need to get looked at...

Impact damage.. in my opinion isnt as useful as the other damage types in this game :(

Lets look at the tables!

The Grineer! 

8bfcdc0e98a6c775b2ba11d47f411366.png

Now clearly Puncture is superior against the majority as intended,

However, the 25% loss of damage to health as a whole lowers the efficiency of the weapon against this faction, since all Grineer use this value. The only effective counter to this is to put Viral on, but then it will scale horribly against later levels of Grineer since they gain armor.

Infested!

1bc702e486d6c5eb0e1f5068039feef8.png

Its rather obvious here xD
Puncture and slash both have damage buffs against this faction, but Impact is left with no buff.

Corpus!

e9f6491e632974ec4cb008261e64daeb.png

What impact is supposed to be good for!

Corpus are either Shield and flesh, or Shield and Robotic.

Impact is clearly the victor as expected against the initial shields.. but... does less damage to health..?
So in the end after the shield is taken care of, the actual corpus health bar has a reduction of damage... this seems counterproductive in my opinion D:

I mean Puncture only does 15% less damage to corpus shields, so barely much, plus the fact that there is an aura that reduces shields as a whole, in the end.. Puncture is the best against corpus D: It even does more damage to robots!

Since Proto Shields are only used on Techs, and the stalker, its been disregarded by many..

I just think that Impact as a whole needs a purpose other then to stagger the enemy you shoot (if it even procs)

I love my Gorgon and my Cernos, but i'm losing reason to use them.

Also In the void the use for impact is lowered even further as there isnt any shield heavy enemies and the only true corpus enemy there is the Fusion Moa (and puncture does more to robotics than impact)

I feel that enemies and different factions need STRONGER resistances in order To make different damage types viable. Please tell me im not the only one who thinks this way ..

Let's word it in a simpler way: Among the physical damage types it is the only one that has a penalty against the faction that it's supposed to be most effective against.

In other words: I do agree.

In return it would need to be adjusted to be less effective against infested.

Shotguns must be less effective against Infested?

There are shotguns out there that deal mostly slash or puncture damage, even though the ones dealing slash damage are mostly garbage.

I suggested infested because all other factions already have a damage type they are resistant to.

Impact damage must be effective agains unarmored and light aromored enemies and completly uneffective against heavy armored and fossilised. That's how it's work in real life. Clothes can't protect you against blunt weapon, lihgt armor (such as chainmails and light bulletproof vest) receive a heavy blow, but heavy armor (plate armor and heavy vest) can negate impact almost completly, excluding stagger.

Impact damage must be effective agains unarmored and light aromored enemies and completly uneffective against heavy armored and fossilised. That's how it's work in real life. Clothes can't protect you against blunt weapon, lihgt armor (such as chainmails and light bulletproof vest) receive a heavy blow, but heavy armor (plate armor and heavy vest) can negate impact almost completly, excluding stagger.

With that logic, slash shouldn't work against heavy armor either even worse then impact in fact...