Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List Of Useless Mods

dandin3

k so. first.. don't kill me .lol

i will try to put here some mods that useless in the game

feel free to correct me

Acrobat-Reduces stamina costs of wallrunning - if you need staminaa you use Quick Rest and Marathon .

Aviator-Reduces damage taken while airborne - how much time in game you airborne... and 20% redos at max its not helping much

Intruder - Increases hacking time - any one didnt finish at time to hack... it's not worth the slots

Master Thief - Adds chance to unlock locked lockers - well 40% not worth a slot

Shock Absorbers - Increases damage resistance when knocked down - like Aviator [see up]

Warm Coat - Reduces amount of shields lost to ice/cryo level hazard- you cant know when u get freeze lvl.. and even so 12% it's too low redos, for a slot

Piercing HitFlechette - Increases base  Puncture damage->

RuptureDisruptor - Increases base  Impact damage-          > 30% its to low. any mod will do more damage 

Sawtooth Clip - Shredde - increases base  Slash damage -  >

Shotgun Savvy - Increases chance of causing status effects [max 30] any event mod add 60% status and element damage its not fair ...

Sure Shot - Melee Prowess -Rifle Aptitude Increases chance of causing status effects [max 15] ^up^ ... what can i say T.T

Rending Strike - Increases base  Puncture and  Slash damage no weapon with high slash and puncture 

True Punishment - Enduring Strike - Quickening - cost to much energy for what they give . not worth put them in 

Spare Parts - The Sentinel has a chance to drop a rare material upon death . .well i'm not sure if it's worth a slot for 45% drop a common mod upon death

say it again ,, "worth install" meant it's worth than other mods.

60% slash damage its good and 30% impact it's also good . but compared to 90% element mod or 60% and 60% status, its not. 

go try one warframe builder or if you can see that on the game 

any mods do something good . but it worth slotting?

there are more mods that need rebuild . but those mods most need it 

so i ask de pliz rebuild this mods so we have more fun pliz :D

let me know what you think.

Edited by dandin3

Intruder is only good for the Rank 4 Mastery test.

Master Thief is useless, because everyone knows Argon Crystals are the most redundant item in the game, and nobody wants them, obviously. ¬w¬ /sarcasm

Piercing Hit, Rupture, Sawtooth Clip and Rending Strike are good if you have leftover slots. I actually use Rending Strike, just for the slash damage, after putting on Jagged Edge, and it works wonders. At maximum rank, Rending Strike gives 60% extra Slash damage, that can be quite substantial if you have an already powerful weapon.

and why isn't Maglev on this list?

Woah, woah woah..... No mods are completely useless....

...I think.

Yeah... most mods aren't useless in and of themselves... but compare the ones OP mentioned to nearly any other mod not on this list and they might as well be.

Everything under warm coat (Besides spare parts) is WAY off, those mods are super useful for weapon with a major focus on a damage type, no clue what you were smoking to think they were useless

Question... Would you rather have a 30% increase to base slash damage on dread? and ONLY increase slash damage? or would you rather put an Elemental mod that goes of the base damage of the ENTIRE WEAPON, and increases it by 90%?

Using Dread as an example, with high slash damage and the slash mod being useless on it (when compared to other mods), you're for sure going to use 2 crit mods, Serration, Split Chamber.

That leaves you with 4 slots, there are 4 elemental mods that all increase Dreads effectiveness more than the Slash mod. There are also 3 Elemental/Status mods that increases the effectiveness more than the slash mod FOR LESS POINTS.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Useless implies that the item in question has no use.

Every mod here does have a use. The problem is that they are extremely niche and do not fit in with the meta.

The other thing is a number of those mods like master theif and warm coat were created at the request of the community

How is rending strike useless? I use it for nearly all my slash based weapons.

I'm not so sure. Rending strike's been cool stacking on my dragon nikana, and....

...Yeah. I got nothing.

well Jagged Edge it's what you need .  and any other element mod will do more damage.. because slash only lvl up with slash but element scale with all type of damage

and 60% its low for what you can get.

[any way the point is its have to type of damage that never go together.]

No mods are useless, even mods that you think are incredibly useless still have a use, even a mod that's ability is "Equip this mod and instantly be killed." is still necessary and needed in this game to if NOTHING MORE then to help fill out the drop tables of a game centrally focused on loot and collection.

k so. first.. don't kill me .lol
i will try to put here some mods that useless in the game
feel free to correct me

Acrobat-Reduces stamina costs of wallrunning - if you need staminaa you use Quick Rest and Marathon .
Aviator-Reduces damage taken while airborne - how much time in game you airborne... and 20% redos at max its not helping much
Intruder - Increases hacking time - any one didnt finish at time to hack... it's not worth the slots
Master Thief - Adds chance to unlock locked lockers - well 40% not worth a slot
Shock Absorbers - Increases damage resistance when knocked down - like Aviator [see up]
Warm Coat - Reduces amount of shields lost to ice/cryo level hazard- you cant know when u get freeze lvl.. and even so 12% it's too low redos, for a slot
Piercing HitFlechette - Increases base  Puncture damage->
RuptureDisruptor - Increases base  Impact damage-          > 30% its to low. any mod will do more damage 
Sawtooth Clip - Shredde - increases base  Slash damage -  >
Shotgun Savvy - Increases chance of causing status effects [max 30] any event mod add 60% status and element damage its not fair ...
Sure Shot - Melee Prowess - Increases chance of causing status effects [max 15] ^up^ ... what can i say T.T
Rending Strike - Increases base  Puncture and  Slash damage no weapon with high slash and puncture 
True Punishment - Enduring Strike - Quickening - cost to much energy for what they give . not worth put them in 
Spare Parts - The Sentinel has a chance to drop a rare material upon death . .well i'm not sure if it's worth a slot for 45% drop a common mod upon death

there are more mods that need rebuild . but those mods most need it 
so i ask de pliz rebuild this mods so we have more fun pliz :D

let me know what you think.

I use Acrobat on my non-caster Loki build.

I agree that it isn't worth a slot.

I agree that it isn't worth a slot.

Master Thief is amazingly useful.

Pretty useful in conclave, and when melee only against grineer. 

Not worth slotting.

Great for focusing on a specific damage type.

See above.

See above.

The non-event status mods are crap.

Great for focusing on a specific damage type.

Quickening is extremely useful for coptering. What are you smoking?

Eh, if it's going to die anyway you might as well get rewarded for it.

OP, you lack creativity.

and why isn't Maglev on this list?

Because Maglev is godly for rushing builds.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Rending Strike I use on Dragon Nikana, and especially on Venka. Think about that. Venka is puncture and slash. Master Thief is great for credit runs on the void. Flame Repellent is great for crimson Dervish Farming on Appollodorus, when it becomes almost all napalms, Shock absorbers can be nice on high tier void mission, because I often never get killed except when I'm knocked down, but then again some constitution so you get up faster and get other bonuses is also viable. I especially disagree on True Punishment and Enduring Strike. I use those on every melee if i'm using a status/crit build, I just throw on a Focus energy and maybe reflex coil to balance it out, or even have positive efficiency still! otherwise yeah it could be reworked. Acrobat can be good for obstacle course and some of  the mastery tests, but unneccessary.

Rending Strike is pretty good and Those Impact/Slash?Puncture Damage mods are useful as they can be stacked up with Faction Damage Mods to destroy a sppecific faction. Master Theif is good for credits and health orbs when you need it :P, and those Status CHance mods...well, stack em is all I can say. (PS, Rifle Aptitude is useful when equipped with Miter)

Think again 

will you use this really 

250px-FlameRepellentModnew.png

pretty sure you can add alot more

At least there are enemies that cause fire damage.  When will you encounter an enemy for radiation and cold?

And I forget the name, but there's a mod that lets you cause shockwave damage when y ou fall from great heights, a la Mario.  I really wish there was a frame that could utilize that (excalibur and Zephyr, maybe?)

Edited by Aramanth

Everything under warm coat (Besides spare parts) is WAY off, those mods are super useful for weapon with a major focus on a damage type, no clue what you were smoking to think they were useless

Learn Math, Profit.

ANY Element is WAY better. No matter how much Slash/blab/Bla a weapon has...

oh .. noob

Edited by IamSalva