Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dark Sectors Are Still Ridiculously Hard For Non-Pvp Based Players

Stormandreas

As the title says, Dark Sectors are still way to overpowered.

I was doing a few runs recently, and every time, I ended up fighting 4 players, plus about 12 specters and all of the normal mobs...ON MY OWN! Every bloody time!
Not only that, the Turrets are stupidly overpowered and difficult to kill without precise aiming, or explosives. Hell it took me 3 clips of a Snipetron Vandal with full serration to kill just one (thats 36 shots btw).

NOT ONLY THAT! Loki and Frost combos are RIFE in Dark Sectors now. Loki's managing to keep CONSTANT Invisibility, and just one hiting anyone with melee, and Frosts just covering the consoles in globes making it nearly impossible to ever go near them, even as a team, let alone on your own!!!

DE, you still need to nerf the Dark Sectors HARD! I'm not one normally for wanting to nerf things, but it must be done. You need to disable Loki's having constant invisibility.
You need to stop full defending teams appearing before challenging teams.

You need to stop the defenders getting to the Attackers spawn points.
You need to stop Frost putting down infinite snowglobes and stopping all opponents ever reaching... well anywhere.

There's likely a lot more to fix, but this is what I've been experiencing lately. It's very unfun playing this.... endgame like content, when you just get one hit around every corner from thin air.

Don't forget trinity, who can spam link and energy and have not only unlimited energy but if you even try to damage her you just commit suicide.

On a side note sniper rifles are very lack luster till late game in DS but a decent AR with shred for your second mod slot will more then take care of  those pesky frost you have been dealing with.

Doesn't really matter if you're a PvP or PvE player, all that matters is whether or not you have decent aim, good mods, and good weapons.  Snipertron vandal isn't exactly what I'd call an amazing weapon in PvP or PvE :|

Loki's invisibility is only really an issue if they're using black energy.

I agree on frost though.  They should nerf the scaling on its range imo.

I find it kind of strange that you don't mention ash.  Even after they nerfed him in PvP he's still obnoxiously OP.

Edited by Aggh

You forgot to mention Teslas on the control panels, spam a few of them and the whole area is insta-kill if you get in range in early game.

Blade Storm and Shuriken still OP.

Reducing Hysteria's Duration to 5 seconds was a band-aid solution, didn't solve the godmode problem. (activating all objectives and reviving fallen allies)

The Black Energy Invisibility / Smoke Screen is a problem.

Edited by RexSol

Imma go off your tittle 

THE DARK SECTORS ARE STILL RIDICULOUSLY HARD FOR NON-PVP BASED PLAYERS

Um.......yeah because Dark Sector PvP is made for PvP players your thread is redundant.

yeah i almost said the same thing without reading his post. he should change his post title.

Haha yeah... It's what happens when they wanted a PvE based game then tried to do PvP to please the players.

No

Thats what happens when they put as little effort into it as PvP hating players want them to

Its all their faults and yet all they do is complain still

Not aimed at anyone in particular

Except maybe Vor

yeah.....

This post is aimed right at Vor

No

Thats what happens when they put as little effort into it as PvP hating players want them to

Except maybe Vor

yeah.....

...? They're putting less effort in Dark Sectors than in the rest of the game? As I see it, most of their effort goes into new stuff more than anything else. And if I remember correctly they weren't going to have PvP in the first place. So yeah, it's a tiny miracle that it happened at all.

...? They're putting less effort in Dark Sectors than in the rest of the game? As I see it, most of their effort goes into new stuff more than anything else. And if I remember correctly they weren't going to have PvP in the first place. So yeah, it's a tiny miracle that it happened at all.

Read some history on WF and DE

Youd be surprised what you learn about the game and PvP

Read some history on WF and DE

Youd be surprised what you learn about the game and PvP

I've been here since open beta... And I can remember DE saying they didn't want PvP and (most of) the players were fine with it. Then the conclaves leaked.

I'm with Rompido here to a point. Removing abilities is a nasty patch, but something has to be done - I've never once joined a conflict that wasn't in-progress, and an unranked frame with only 240 shield/hp combined going up against even a rank 5 Ash... you just become a free XP bucket. I see the death screen in these missions more often than I do in Dark Souls. That's a problem.

I've been here since open beta... And I can remember DE saying they didn't want PvP and (most of) the players were fine with it. Then the conclaves leaked.

The original dark sector pitch was a PvP sci fi game.  Warframe is their effort to work towards the game they envisioned dark sector would originally be.

Also, steve talked about possibly implementing dueling even in early cbt.  They never said they didn't want PvP.  They said that warframe would remain a PvE focused game even if PvP was implemented.

Edited by Aggh

Totally wrong. They stated early on that PvP was to be added later. That's what Dojos were for in  the beginning.

No

Except maybe Vor

yeah.....

Digital Extremes made Unreal Tournament and Bioshock 2, give it some time and they'll figure out how to properly balance Warframe DS PVP.

Sorry for baiting this comment out of ya

Others gave you the answer

Digital Extremes made Unreal Tournament and Bioshock 2, give it some time and they'll figure out how to properly balance Warframe DS PVP.

I was talking about players that say PvE shouldnt have any effort put into it but then complain that its unbalanced and should be removed

We all know DE will eventually get it right