Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno And The Warframe

steelsamural88

what if the whole warframe were bounded to the person, how would the tenno go to the bathroom??

...no, I think they would have to remove the suit before doing that. I'm surprised that these bad guys still haven't yet thought of that, waiting for warframe to go to bathroom to do their bad deeds...

The theory is:

Tenno are the source of the power, and 1 Tenno has all the powers of the Warframe, but can not control that power.

So they use the frames to focus there powers on a set of skills. 

Also until we get word from the DE that Vor was wrong, i am going to assume that vor was adding Lor. -.-

Also the AladV did dissect Tenno, so i guess he would know if we have no eyes. (we probably don't have eyes, but see through our power, kinda like the Infested?????)

( This theory states that Tenno are biological, but can't control there powers without destroying there body, so they use the warframes to help control that power)

Another theory is that where just pure energy, and each warframe just uses that energy differently. :p

and the theory that everyone is trying to enforce because they aren't comfortable playing as a character that has no Sex. :/ Though the changeable character theory is possible.

I doubt the DE is lazy enough to let that be the case without making each Warframe have its own personality... The closes we have gotten to that is Valkyr... (who has 1 personality. X.x) 

Edit: Void = Space Hell

Thats about all we know. :/ That makes the most sense, they Orokin sent the Children to Space hell to destroy there minds, and make them into the perfect warriors. :p

Edited by Feallike

The theory is:

Tenno are the source of the power, and 1 Tenno has all the powers of the Warframe, but can not control that power.

So they use the frames to focus there powers on a set of skills. 

Also until we get word from the DE that Vor was wrong, i am going to assume that vor was adding Lor. -.-

Also the AladV did dissect Tenno, so i guess he would know if we have no eyes. (we probably don't have eyes, but see through our power, kinda like the Infested?????)

( This theory states that Tenno are biological, but can't control there powers without destroying there body, so they use the warframes to help control that power)

Another theory is that where just pure energy, and each warframe just uses that energy differently. :p

and the theory that everyone is trying to enforce because they aren't comfortable playing as a character that has no Sex. :/ Though the changeable character theory is possible.

I doubt the DE is lazy enough to let that be the case without making each Warframe have its own personality... The closes we have gotten to that is Valkyr... (who has 1 personality. X.x) 

Edit: Void = Space Hell

Thats about all we know. :/ That makes the most sense, they Orokin sent the Children to Space hell to destroy there minds, and make them into the perfect warriors. :p

Again, Vor is a S#&$ source of information in-universe and talks poetically. You're an idiot if you take him literally or lack any deep experience with advanced literature. Vor talks in prose, and Tenno are quite obviously not energy beings if you have played the games at all.

Again, Vor is a S#&$ source of information in-universe and talks poetically. You're an idiot if you take him literally or lack any deep experience with advanced literature. Vor talks in prose, and Tenno are quite obviously not energy beings if you have played the games at all.

I'd like to think Figurative Language, Metaphor, and Unreliable Narrator are topics that are common knowledge.

I'd like to think that. Sadly, I'm proven wrong on a daily basis.

Somewhere my literature teachers are crying.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Yes he is, but the DE needs to actual state that its not lor for me to not to make some theories. :/

Also don't call me a idiot, seriously dude why are you mad that i am taking something said by a character and using that in some theories? I mean seriously man why are you so mad. -.-

ALSO I WAS SAYING THEY WHERE BIOLOGICAL BEINGS, THAT COULDN"T CONTROL THERE POWERS. The warframes are like shackles to keep them from going out of control.

NO WHERE IN THERE DID I SAY THAT I THINK TENNO ARE PURE ENERGY.

I was just stating that it is a theory!

I also referenced your theory to, so again, why are you calling me a idiot. -.-

Edited by Feallike

Gentlemen, gentlemen may we please refrain from diatribe?

I have followed this thread from its inception with a mixture of earnest curiosity and abject horror ...

Curious about the topic but stunned by the lack of civility

Like every one of you, we share a common interest in Warframe Lore - its facts, its incompleteness, its ambiguities and its inconsistencies

While such qualities are frustrating - at times unbearably so - is it not the diversity of interpretation that CREATES interest in discussing Warframe Lore?

To that end, there have been a number of both interesting and insightful posts made in this thread

However, I ask:  Why even BOTHER making a post when tempered reasoning has given way to tactless rancor?

Over and over again, I saw an interesting comment that I would have responded to but refrained because of escalating banter

I am discouraged that my first post in this otherwise interesting topic does not even address that topic ...

I do not presume to speak for the thread author, the forum moderators nor any other member, BUT I would not be surprised that I am NOT the only one who feels that the usefulness of this thread is in jeopardy

Bottom line:  A calm discussion INVITES participation - rudeness EXCLUDES it 

I am not judging anyone here - merely making an observation and hopefully a constructive statement

Edited by ElHefe

I don't care about lore, or even speculate much. Though it's nice, interesting and fun to hear some stuffs from Vor or Alad while playing wf... but other than that... now please line up, let me try out my excal's slash or unload my soma... I promise it will be over quick!!! LOL

ok... now, it's time for elder scrolls and the secret world...

Excal primes lore throws the entire technocyte infection out of the window.

"Built a frame around them"

ring any bells?

The frame itself is what's made from technocyte. I assume they'd have to have some sort of infection or technocyte organ to interface with it.

After reading this thread, I will say that some of your are trying way to hard to apply real world science & logic to the lore & some of you are grasping for straws. 

However, still a good read. 

Science fiction has to have a grounding in science, you know.

Science fiction has to have a grounding in science, you know.

Which is true, but when you try to analyze every single aspect & apply reason where it doesn't belong or shouldn't be applied to, you're trying to hard. 

imo. 

I meant "you're" as an umbrella reference. 

Edited by Rexlars

what if tennos are not physical beings? what if they're like energy and magic and stuff, which explains how they control different warframes.

OR tennos can be like daleks and warframe is that tanky robot trashcan... sorta like krang

Have you ready anything in this thread?

What if Embers Codex is true?

The few who survived the void were children, engineered to do just that. But they brought something alien back with them. A form of energy that defied logic.

For years they were kept frozen, of fear. Then the Sentient War came. Perhaps they too had Void Powers. Perhaps they lived in Void Space, striking back at the invaders.

Perhaps the Sentients are the infested in its purest, non monstrous form.

When all else failed, the "children" were cloned, placed in suits of biotech and technology.

Overseeing them all were the AI:s, the Lotus Mothers, telling the clone children what to do.

The reason a Tenno can switch Warframes is simply because they are designed for children pilots.

They never age and have no memory because they hatched from labs with only a war-program for comfort.

Another Theory

They could also have used an altered version of the technocyte Virus one that is a living being and decides who his "Owner" is.

This altered Version of the Virus needs life Energy in order to work/life and since children probably have more life energy they were taken.

If the "Virus" accepts one as his "Owner" they will fuse with them and form an armor that enhances the "abilitys" of the "Owner", for that the Suit needs to make an Imprint of his Master.

About Nekros weird body, it could be that nekros was in a pretty bad state at some time and in order for the virus to survive it replaced his lost "parts", but since the Virus was not perfect, he has his weird body now.

I think this Theory works with the lores in the game.

Another Theory

They could also have used an altered version of the technocyte Virus one that is a living being and decides who his "Owner" is.

This altered Version of the Virus needs life Energy in order to work/life and since children probably have more life energy they were taken.

If the "Virus" accepts one as his "Owner" they will fuse with them and form an armor that enhances the "abilitys" of the "Owner", for that the Suit needs to make an Imprint of his Master.

About Nekros weird body, it could be that nekros was in a pretty bad state at some time and in order for the virus to survive it replaced his lost "parts", but since the Virus was not perfect, he has his weird body now.

I think this Theory works with the lores in the game.

That doesn't work with what we know about Technocyte. Technocyte is totally mindless in the majority of its forms, and the ones that aren't mindless are still bloodthirsty and vicious. Also, wouldn't adults have more "life energy"?

From close examination from the warframes are partially grafted on to the tennos body parts. I believe some parts of the exosuit are removable while other are permanently bonded the the tennos body; this can vary from different tenno if the warframe is a conduit then it also regulates the tenno powers. 

Good points ... 

BUT, after carefully reading each post - in particular Wyzilla's insightful application of anatomic scaling - I have come to the conclusion that GRAPHIC DESIGN dictated how the warframes looked, not deliberate science

After all, graphic design is rather like a game of "Rock-Paper-Eraser" for the DEVs where:

1. Cool beats Facts - the warframes are meant to be ICONIC, not functional prototypes

2. Story beats Facts - suspension of disbelief and all that

3. Cool beats Story - its all meant to be fun to play and all that

And for us - the players -  there is another rule:  Cool beats Logic

The appearance of each warframe corresponds to their specific in-game abilities, much like comic book superheroes

Form is dictated by RECOGNITION of iconography

So whether Nekros is a quadruple amputee or just like Marvel's Mr. Fantastic "Stretcho" (able to reconfigure his molecules at will) is UNKNOWABLE based upon the outward appearance ALONE

That said, there is an alluring attraction to the idea ... much like Anakin Skywalker was maimed before he went into Vader's armor

That doesn't work with what we know about Technocyte. Technocyte is totally mindless in the majority of its forms, and the ones that aren't mindless are still bloodthirsty and vicious. Also, wouldn't adults have more "life energy"?

more than 1000 years are a long time they probably developed the technology to alter the virus in that direction and with an altered version i meant something that special humans are able to controle, if the virus takes them as their "Owner" they are then called tenno.(the others would go insane or die)

About the "life energy"

No a adult would'nt have more since he already "used" some of it.

Lets say we have a 10 year old and a 40 year old.

If both had 100 life energy at their birth and they lose 1 per year they life, lets say the "Virus" takes 50% of the life energy thats left it would make more sense to use it on the 10 year old since he has 45 years left while the 40 year old only has 30.

Edited by Theoraven