Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 5.3 - "Blazing Embers"

[DE]Steve

Thanks for feedback. We'll rock balance changes to make sure you still feel like a proper space ninja. And for those that like the increased challenge we hear you and are keeping that in mind.

Hey Steve can you guys fix the "Armor%" Mods? those just seem to not work... I tried it in the preview version and didnt work, on the currently version Alacratha also tried but got the same result, it doesnt affect anything, shield or health.

Sorry about the shield nerf guys but it had to happen. We're going to turn around balance fixes very quick. People with 10k shields was not intended. We're going to rebalance against the new normal.

Since you're here, it's been asked many times in this thread with no answer. The blueprint for the upgrade item is from alerts, right, but does this show up in the rewards window before you take the mission, is it a chance-based reward at the end of the mission, is it hidden somewhere in the alert mission level? I've done 5 alerts so far and killed Jackal, just hoping for any blueprints or whatnot, and got diddly.

Yep! This is from the update notes:

"More Blueprint rewards added to Alerts including Orokin Reactors and Catalysts used to Super-Charge Warframes and weapons."

This does not answer my question, unless you're saying "Yep!" to all three separate parts. I have never seen a blueprint reward for an alert previously, so "more" doesn't tell me anything.

"More Blueprint rewards added to Alerts including Orokin Reactors and Catalysts used to Super-Charge Warframes and weapons."

Oh and a chance for them on 3 star daily sign-in rewards.

Is this only for the ones with mystery items? because the ones without seem to never give anything. ever.

Oh and a chance for them on 3 star daily sign-in rewards.

Hey Steve, I have a question: Why is it that we have levels? I understand level 2, but level 5? What's left up there? The HEK, and then nothing. What's the point? I mean, it's naturally gonna happen, but I just don't see a sensible reason to have leveling like that.

Ah yes - got me. End of mission, not hidden in the level right now. Check your Foundry after the alert, right now end of mission display needs an update to show Blueprints!

Okay, thanks for the response! Guess we just run every alert that pops up and hope for the best!

Hey Steve, I have a question: Why is it that we have levels? I understand level 2, but level 5? What's left up there? The HEK, and then nothing. What's the point? I mean, it's naturally gonna happen, but I just don't see a sensible reason to have leveling like that.

Are you taking about player mastery levels?

Are you taking about player mastery levels?

Yeah. What's the point of those? I'm at Gold Initiate, yet it doesn't feel as if I've accomplished anything. Like there's no reason to go for actual EXP. Of course I'm not talking about weapons and frames; I love the way they all level up.

Yeah. What's the point of those? I'm at Gold Initiate, yet it doesn't feel as if I've accomplished anything. Like there's no reason to go for actual EXP. Of course I'm not talking about weapons and frames; I love the way they all level up.

Totally agree, it sucks right now, placeholder style. There will be changes coming, more advanced weapons that are coming will require mastery levels as well as a few longer term things that I'm reluctant to talk about but you can imagine that stuff like clan formation or expansion, epic gear, home ownership, R&D projects and other rad stuff that forms overarching player goals will use this system.

At the very least, tiers for new weapons and warframes ought to use this.

Sorry to be evasive, I don't want to make too many promises but it is certainly going to be important.

First thing is to improve the dojo vibe of the mastery tests and then we'll address their relevance.

Totally agree, it sucks right now, placeholder style. There will be changes coming, more advanced weapons that are coming will require mastery levels as well as a few longer term things that I'm reluctant to talk about but you can imagine that stuff like clan formation or expansion, epic gear, home ownership, R&D projects and other rad stuff that forms overarching player goals will use this system.

At the very least, tiers for new weapons and warframes ought to use this.

Sorry to be evasive, I don't want to make too many promises but it is certainly going to be important.

First thing is to improve the dojo vibe of the mastery tests and then we'll address their relevance.

humnn did you guys think about the "Planet Station" so everybody can login there and exchange stuffs or put vending and so?

also for all those systems you just mention, is there any idea of how long it might take to come live?

ps: oh yes cant forget, we'll be getting new melee weapons like polearms and so? XD those are also important since we need some wider ranger for melee from time to time =x

Edited by Kokuen

It's awesome that you made a non-paid way to upgrade warframes and weapons to "Pro". Fantastic! Now all I'm hoping for is that slots (for storing more warframes and weapons) also have a non-paid alternative option!

(and if you ever ever ever think of player-to-player sales and trading of gear, please make sure it is in a auciton-house or store style where deals can be available even when you're offline, so that people don't have to constantly lurk online and shout nonstop in a trade channel)

Okay, so i got into the game to try and get used to the changes since i really like this game and after calming down, this is how i feel: I'm not having as much fun as before, i have a feeling of unease that the next door will blow me to pieces, that the next small group of generic enemies will kill me no matter if i'm in a squad or no, also trying to revive someone in a firefight is a death wish. Beside the fun factor going down for me the whole feeling of progression is gone, i was like " hell yeah i've played as volt for 30 hours, i'm lvl 30 maxed out, best mods there are and the only way i could die is if i'm not paying attention or bosses catch me out of cover" now i'm scared to get fruther than 10 feet from my team. Oh, an Kreddi, what teamwork are you talking about if one mini boss enemy thing can level your whole lvl 30 party of friends that are talking in skype in 2-3 rockets just after entering a room. And all my friends are saying the same thing, that they feel fragile although they should be maxed out killing machines and that they arent having as much fun. What i'm asking now that i ranted all this time is to leave the (base shield) + (mod1)+(mod2) etc that you just implemented but return the mod values for shields to percentages not flat values. Thank you.

OMG get another game where you can hack and slash