Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Dislike Ash...and Oberon?

DarkLordX2

Seriously, i have seem some comments about Ash saying he is the worse Warframe, along with Oberon, anyway people complain about Ash insta-kills in PvP.

I really don't understand why some people hate Ash. I like him, he looks badass and he is some kind OP.

PD: I own all the Warframes.

Edited by DarkLordX2

Its because of Blade Storm in PvP and nothing else. Also the fact that his damage abilities scale less effectively than other warframes, but post-buff that's been mostly addressed. So mostly, PvP butthurt and hate.

For both, it tends to be spam 4. A good Oberon is hard to come by (renewal and Hallowed Ground are your friend), a good Ash even more so (Smoke Screen has stun for a reason)! However most builds entail 4 spam anyway, so in the end gameplay gets boring, tedious, and repetitive.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

I use a blindrage+fleeting build on both (oberon does not come with hallowed ground) and find them both to be great.

With bladestorm, in melee mode, the damage really skyrockets

and Oberon is really useful with reckoning, especially with an equilibrium build.

I get positive results from both in T4 Survival

Each warframe has their own play style some similar to others, but in the end each is unique.

Many cannot grasp Ash's unique play style which based on stealth and melee.

Oberon is a support warframe like trinity and nekros but he is in need of a massive buff as the others are a little more balanced out now.

Another example of people not liking unique play styles is Rhino as most of his abilities can come straight out of a Call of Duty game that many gamers today have background playing knowledge of and also he is the most used warframe in this game.

Obviously not Rhino charge but

Iron skin= painkiller buff in Modern Warfare.

Rhino Stomp = stun grenades,

Roar = Dmg buffs in Call of Duty

Ash is a fun Soloer and arguably the best for PvP (Maybe second to Valkyr, but that will depend more on the player) 

I like to use him in Rescue missions with Duration Mods for Smoke Screen to farm Specters, i know i could use Loki but Ash is just more fun. And on Interception Missions with Blade Storm build for Power Range to farm T4 Keys i can cover 3 objectives. But that's it, pretty much all his usefulness for PvE, everything he does, there are other Warframes that do it better. 

I love playing Ash anyways, he is fast and have very high base attributes, he have a very offensive and interesting set of skills in my opinion. He is proving to be the best Warframe on DS PvP even after the Shuriken and Blade Storm "nerf".

Ash has no team utility. He brings absolutely nothing to a team.

You don't need to bring anything to the team. Warframe doesn't require teamwork, it's just a game where you get stupidly powerful endgame weapons and lazily carve your way through the enemy. And/or get equally broken and powerful warframes. Teamplay doesn't even come into it, it isn't necessary besides just reviving downed teammates.