Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Dislike Ash...and Oberon?

DarkLordX2

You don't need to bring anything to the team. Warframe doesn't require teamwork, it's just a game where you get stupidly powerful endgame weapons and lazily carve your way through the enemy. And/or get equally broken and powerful warframes. Teamplay doesn't even come into it, it isn't necessary besides just reviving downed teammates.

When you do something that offers extra benefits to the team, there's teamplay in it.

well i dont have Ash but i got Oberon and the reason why i dislike Oberon is the following reasons:

looks wierd and have high heels O.o

low dmg abilities

only usefull for his half decent healing

healing basically eats up all your energy if you dont have Flow

overall a quite boring frame to play imo

When you do something that offers extra benefits to the team, there's teamplay in it.

The point is that it's far from necessary. You can just take to the field with 4 invincible valkyrs and never have to help each other at all, and you'll flawlessly clear the level. More often then not Warframe just plays like a shooting gallery (that shoots back at you) where the goal is to just kill everything very quickly. Hence why people run around with Somas and Boltor Primes.

Because in Pvp Ash is 'hit 4 to win', while *out* of PvP he's mediocre in a group - not bad, just not a standout.  Hundreds of times I've hit my ultimate (playing Ash) only to see all my targets killed by someone else before I'm 1/4 of the way through them.  Smokescreen's good for reviving - you get a quick AOE invisibility that makes everyone lose interest in you and the guy you're reviving.

He *is* pretty good soloing though - ability 1 for stealth kills at range (without having to carry a stealth weapon in the Pri or Sec slots), 2 and 3 for quick escapes, and 4 can be a lifesaver if overwhelmed (you're invincible while it plays out - so your shields will be fully charged by the time its done).

smokescreen for stun, press 4 to kill that pesky gunner. Also Ash brings no team utility? he can revive you and before he does so stuns every enemy, and then turns invisble to safly get YOU up. if your team has a lot of utility (frost, nova, loki, etc) ash is a good choice since his bladestrom will always* kill its targets. A good ash can hold the ENTIRE FRONT, the three paths (towards spawn) of void defense alone for around 30-35 waves. Also he is the only one you can go in a T3 with a braton, lato and skana and still be in the lead of dmg.

*not Void Vor, or any bosses post-rework 

Ash is a great Frame, but his abilities tend to serve him and him alone, so he is typically better off in Solo situations.

That's not to say he can't be team-friendly.  An Ash equipped with Smoke Screen and Teleport can make an effective reviver, even able to clear the area for the freshly-revived Tenno with some melee cleaving and maybe even some Shuriken!

As someone who has mained ash since closed beta. Ash is one of the most powerful frames around, but he has flaws like every other frame. He needs damage scaling to be fixed.

Oberon...I have him but don't use him because I'm not good at support

I use ash mainly to wreck enemies of a higher rank such as them energy stealing enemies. 

Other than that, he has a good amount of health/shields.

My only 2 play styles is ,as above, wrecking enemies of a higher rank with the powers and just full on guns/bows/pistols

Going to need the smoke screen if I wanna go on a melee rampage.

You don't need to bring anything to the team. Warframe doesn't require teamwork, it's just a game where you get stupidly powerful endgame weapons and lazily carve your way through the enemy. And/or get equally broken and powerful warframes. Teamplay doesn't even come into it, it isn't necessary besides just reviving downed teammates.

You clearly don't do much end game then. Go ahead and try t4 def with four ashes, I'd love to see how far you get.

Edited by pepsi-tan

They don't bring anything to the table in a team situation. Ash is great for solo, but his lack of utility and CC make him a less-than-ideal choice for team play, and oberon is just all around bad right now.

Lack of utility is fine when you can make up for it with overwhelming damage. Under such circumstances, Ash can still do well on a team.

Frames that specialize in damage-dealing rather than utility falter in high leveled content. Ash's rework only made him deal more damage, which merely raised the threshold in which Ash's powers are still useful. Ash's main utility power, Smoke Bomb, is a direct downgrade to Loki's Invisibility. A nice idea to compensate for it would be to make the smoke bomb make other nearby allies invisible as well.

well i dont have Ash but i got Oberon and the reason why i dislike Oberon is the following reasons:

looks wierd and have high heels O.o

low dmg abilities

only usefull for his half decent healing

healing basically eats up all your energy if you dont have Flow

overall a quite boring frame to play imo

He's got hoofs not high heels -_-

Seriously, i have seem some comments about Ash saying he is the worse Warframe, along with Oberon, anyway people complain about Ash insta-kills in PvP.

I really don't understand why some people hate Ash. I like him, he looks badass and he is some kind OP.

PD: I own all the Warframes.

Most of the complaints you're hearing are from players who like to spam the 4th. You wont hear that from players looking for a challenge or enjoying the game in their own way.

I really don't understand why some people hate Ash.

People hate all frames of different reasons.

They hate Nova because she "steals" kills

They hate Nova because she makes enemies faster.

They hate Mirage because she "steals" kills or kills their PC.

They hate Rhino because they think he is a noobframe and don´t know how do use him properly.

They hate Hydroid because of puddle.

This goes on and on and on for every frame.

That´s why I really don´t get it why people make such threads. Threads like this will go out of hand.

Seriously, i have seem some comments about Ash saying he is the worse Warframe, along with Oberon, anyway people complain about Ash insta-kills in PvP.

I really don't understand why some people hate Ash. I like him, he looks badass and he is some kind OP.

PD: I own all the Warframes.

I don't like Ash because around the time I've started playing, everyone and their mother wanted to use Ash and oh my god how many T3Def runs they have ruined. Pre-dmg2.0 and pre-melee2.0 I've had melee only Ashes join in T3, they had okay gear just forgot to mention they will only use their Hate, because, you know, it's soooo good. And started hacking at lvl100+ enemies. All the Ash players were like that I've met and now I despise the frame only because of the players. Kinda like how people are now with Rhino.

And I love my Oberon. #no_homo

Edited by Jelan

I don't like Ash because around the time I've started, playing everyone and their mother wanted to play Ash and oh my god how many T3Def runs they have ruined. Pre-dmg2.0 and pre-melee2.0 I've had melee only Ashes join in T3, they had okay gear just forgot to mention they will only use their Hate, because, you know, it's soooo good. And started hacking at lvl100+ enemies. All the Ash players were like that I've met and now I despise the frame only because of the players. Kinda like how people are now with Rhino.

And I love my Oberon. #no_homo

So how about now?

Post-DMG 2.0 and post-MELEE 2.0

Btw, I'm ash who uses a hate.

with the ash buff i dont see anyone hating him

if 1 person say he doesnt like ash it doesnt mean all people dislike him

ash is offense purely

same as oberon, but oberon is good for infestation with his abilities, 

and he has heals too

I'd kick Loki and Rhino for Ash and Oberon any day.

As for the people who say "Bleh, Oberon's skills are bad and I have absolutely no proof" are just filth in my opinion who are probably butthurt RNG hasn't given them Oberon, as my friend who mains Oberon has saved our missions dozens, upon dozens more times then "Viable" frames like Rhinoob and Loki.