Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Dislike Ash...and Oberon?

DarkLordX2

It's not as viable, and highly dependent on situation. The only thing melee can do that bullets can't is life steal, and outside that it's mostly for funsies and coptering.

Funsies? Excuse me when I insta-kill everything with channelling, then don't you dare it isn't viable.

I'd kick Loki and Rhino for Ash and Oberon any day.

As for the people who say "Bleh, Oberon's skills are bad and I have absolutely no proof" are just filth in my opinion who are probably butthurt RNG hasn't given them Oberon, as my friend who mains Oberon has saved our missions dozens, upon dozens more times then "Viable" frames like Rhinoob and Loki.

No proof? Oberon's damage doesn't scale well. He is jack of all trades, master of none. His skills deal piss poor damage making him useless once you start facing high level mobs. His heals are weak. There is a reason the devs literally just told he up for reworking. 

Why though?

Melee is extremely powerful when used right. 

"when used right"

"USED RIGHT"

now let those 2-3 words sink in.

now look back at the community, now back at yourself.

be ashamed at using that phrase as not all of the community understands when to use melee.

I'm riding my kubrow.

It's like asking, "Why do people hate pizza?"

Preferences I guess? Or maybe they're just allergic to them.

How do people get allergic to pizza anyways? 

On topic, I do not really know why players hate Ash and Oberon. Maybe it does not fit their play-style?

Funsies? Excuse me when I insta-kill everything with channelling, then don't you dare it isn't viable.

I also insta-kill things with single bullets. From range. Without channeling and wasting my energy when I might need it once S#&$ hits the fan.

Why though?

Melee is extremely powerful when used right. 

It is strong but highly dependent on the situation, even if you have invisibility. Guns > melee, ALWAYS, and that is not even up for debate, ever.

So yes it is for funsies and coptering.

It is strong but highly dependent on the situation, even if you have invisibility. Guns > melee, ALWAYS, and that is not even up for debate, ever.

So yes it is for funsies and coptering.

What a way to try and shut me up by saying "It's not up for debate so be quiet and accept it."

No. No I wont. To me, guns are weak. I can make my galatine kill a level 50 heavy gunner in just 2 strikes but if I dare to take out one gun against it, it takes for ever. 

I used to use a Dera. It was one of the most powerful fire arms every used. But now that melee 2.0 came out, I've realized that I could kill things much more faster than any kind of firearm.

Plus, melee doesn't use ammo.

No proof? Oberon's damage doesn't scale well. He is jack of all trades, master of none. His skills deal &!$$ poor damage making him useless once you start facing high level mobs. His heals are weak. There is a reason the devs literally just told he up for reworking. 

and the rework will make him even kick even more &#! then before. The gentleman who I mentioned earlier who uses Oberon that I play with was quite upset when he heard Oberon was getting reworked, because he thinks only Hallowed Ground needs a rework.

What a way to try and shut me up by saying "It's not up for debate so be quiet and accept it."

No. No I wont. To me, guns are weak. I can make my galatine kill a level 50 heavy gunner in just 2 strikes but if I dare to take out one gun against it, it takes for ever. 

I used to use a Dera. It was one of the most powerful fire arms every used. But now that melee 2.0 came out, I've realized that I could kill things much more faster than any kind of firearm.

Sounds like you're not very good at using firearms.

Dera is among the worst guns in the game, it always was, even my 5-formad fully decked out Dera sucks and you can't even use Heavy Caliber with it. And the simple fact that you don't have to be close to the thing you want to get rid of instantly makes guns superior. Also ammo mutation mods. And it wasn't a way of trying to shut you up anyway, you are just not right, so be quiet and accept it :3 .

Dera is among the worst guns in the game, it always was, even my 5-formad fully decked out Dera sucks and you can't even use Heavy Caliber with it. And the simple fact that you don't have to be close to the thing you want to get rid of instantly makes guns superior. Also ammo mutation mods. And it wasn't a way of trying to shut you up anyway, you are just not right, so be quiet and accept it :3 .

Ammo mutation mods cost money to upgrade. 

We have too many things already that require credits.

When you say "No debate" it means "Don't respond to me because you got nothing to say in the matter". That is basically "Shut up and accept it".

and no. I wont. 

I will not back down when people refuse to see how viable melee actually is.

There is no 'worst' or 'best' gun/Warframe/whatever equipment. 

The current Dera can still hold its ground up to T2/T3, if my calculations are correct (although a slight buff would be welcome, given it has been quite overshadowed by the other Clan Tech weapons). 

When you say "No debate" it means "Don't respond to me because you got nothing to say in the matter". That is basically "Shut up and accept it".

and no. I wont. 

OH MY GOD, I DID NOT KNOW I CAN UPGRADE MELEE MODS FOR FREE. Oh wait, I can't. Is that your best argument? Then we don't have anything to talk about any further mr. TheErewrong, heuheuheu.

There is no 'worst' or 'best' gun/Warframe/whatever equipment. 

The current Dera can still hold its ground up to T2/T3, if my calculations are correct (although a slight buff would be welcome, given it has been quite overshadowed by the other Clan Tech weapons). 

A magsize increase to 60 a higher status chance and changing it to do Radiation damage and retaining it's current base damage numbers would make it pretty darn good imo, I'd be happy, I really like that gun :3 .

OH MY GOD, I DID NOT KNOW I CAN UPGRADE MELEE MODS FOR FREE. Oh wait, I can't. Is that your best argument? Then we don't have anything to talk about any further mr. TheErewrong, heuheuheu.

First off: 

That little erewrong thing. Yeah stop acting like a little kid.

Second: Let's take a look at the mods for firearms.

You have serration. A rank 10 mod that needs a ton of credits to get up.

Compare it to Pressure point. A rank 5 mod that needs not as much credits to rank up

and no. I wont. 

melee is viable, i have gotten majority damage on xini by slashing everything to death with my dragon nikana for kicks yesterday.

but it does not compare to a properly modded amprex, ignis, soma, boltor prime, or other highly valued endgame weapon. this is purely because they have a higher damage potential per meter between you and your target.

yes guns do effectively cost more forma and time to get to be overbearingly strong, but then melee also have the detriment of no stance, less viability. to concatenate on that melee weapons also have a lower damage ceiling due to the cheaper and limited nature of their mods.

a rank 5 pressure point will never amount to the same as a rank 10 serration.

A magsize increase to 60 a higher status chance and changing it to do Radiation damage and retaining it's current base damage numbers would make it pretty darn good imo, I'd be happy, I really like that gun :3 .

Magazine size increase would just turn it to a Tetra reskin (and a less damaging one at that). 

I do not think higher status chance would really improve the gun as it is. 

Maybe for Radiation. 

melee is viable, i have gotten majority damage on xini by slashing everything to death with my dragon nikana for kicks yesterday.

but it does not compare to a properly modded amprex, ignis, soma, boltor prime, or other highly valued endgame weapon. this is purely because they have a higher damage potential per meter between you and your target.

yes guns do effectively cost more forma and time to get to be overbearingly strong, but then melee also have the detriment of no stance, less viability. to concatenate on that melee weapons also have a lower damage ceiling due to the cheaper and limited nature of their mods.

a rank 5 pressure point will never amount to the same as a rank 10 serration.

Now that I will agree with. 

At least you are saying and agreeing that melee is a viable option and isn't useless.

Now that I will agree with. 

At least you are saying and agreeing that melee is a viable option and isn't useless.

merely stating the cold facts.

you arent purely right that people should focus on only melee as a possibility without accepting the fact they will be back seat in terms of potential to someone focusing more on their primary.

but you arent purely wrong that melee isnt viable considering the stupid things i have been accomplishing while leveling my three kubrows.