Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wife's First Video For The Channel

Kazuraii

Does it make a difference?

Weirdly, I'm pretty sure it does.

I'm not really familiar with how (if at all) YouTube tracks video views on embedded content, but more people will watch it if they can see it here without opening a new tab or leaving this forum page.

Regarding the video, you guys would benefit immensely from a couple of good desktop microphones. I have a Blue Snowball, and I totally love it. It usually runs about $60, but you can find it for less from some reputable vendors. Blue has even higher-end mics, but I'm never in a situation where I need anything better than my snowball.

If you guys plan on recording videos regularly, people will get a lot more enjoyment from content with audio that doesn't sound bitcrunched.

i use turtle beaches.. and he uses his Playstation pulses..... i turned down my mic so i wants loud to any1.... idk about him... but thanks for the info... im also a lil loud myself so i gotta find that happy medium... it also was recorded through skype... so that might also be a lil issue... but again thanks for the info....

i use turtle beaches.. and he uses his Playstation pulses..... i turned down my mic so i wants loud to any1.... idk about him... but thanks for the info... im also a lil loud myself so i gotta find that happy medium... it also was recorded through skype... so that might also be a lil issue... but again thanks for the info....

That explains a lot. Skype's probably doing some digital scrunching and squishing to the audio, on top of any quality issues that might already be there.

You might try fiddling with compression settings to see if you can't get a little more quality for minimal effort.

This might not be true for everyone, but lots of people who watch the "let's play" content format want to feel your personality in the videos. High quality audio is super important at least for that, if nothing else.

It's a strange dynamic, but people will watch a weak personality with good audio over a strong one with not-so-good audio. Either way, if you enjoy making videos, just make 'em. You can always worry about "quality" later, especially if you're having fun now.

Lets keep up the good work guys!! We will be posting more and more video's for your enjoyment... keep an eye out for more video's soon to be right around the corner!! once we reach 40 subscribers we will be doing a huge shout out to everyone that subscribed thanking you guys personally...