Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis & Primed Chamber

Lagoon7

WARNING: after writing this and re-reading it, I noticed it is a bit of a rant, and does contain some vitriol (probably because the issue at hand is a targeted attack aimed specifically at my favorite play-style).

My favorite play-style in many shooters is the high powered 1-shot sniper type thing. I find it really fun, can't explain why, but I do.

However I can't play this style in warframe, because the only weapon that perfectly facilitates this play-style is impossible for me to use in its full capacity. Pretty much every other weapon in the game I can work towards making it the best, but only this one weapon, the one weapon I really want to use, i cannot simply because it would be far too weak without... Primed Chamber.

Vectis is my dream gun, and i really do want to use it. But i don't have Primed Chamber, and i refuse to pay ridiculous amounts of platinum for it, and charged chamber is not only a poor substitute (less then half as effective) but stacks with it anyways.

I mean sure, i could try and use it without Primed Chamber. But i would be using a gimped gun, half the gun people with Primed Chamber + Vectis would be using. I might as well just use my Snipetron Vandal, as without Primed Chamber it is far superior to the Vectis in pretty much every way.

So i can't use my favorite gun, because it is horrifyingly gimped without an event exclusive mod. Not only is this a S#&$ty situation for people like me who really like the Vectis but don't have Primed Chamber, but it is incredibly &!$$ poor design over all.

This isn't even up for debate, a +100% damage boost for a weapon being set as a very rare event exclusive mod is some of the dumbest design in an online game ever, EVER.

Right now to me Warframe is currently P2W in a horrifying way. If i want to use my favorite gun in a meaningful way I would be forced to pay for it, and for an exorbitant sum at that.

The only two possible solutions I can see for this issue would be:

1) Remove Primed Chamber from the game, Charged Chamber is enough (the best solution balance wise IMHO)

2) Make Primed Chamber no longer event exclusive (mob drop/transmutation/nightmare mode/alerts)

Ah who am I kidding. Primed Chamber has been a problem ever since it was released, and this issue has been brought up before.

Nothing will change. After all, it sure does feel good to see people racking up 5k-6k platinum just to buy 1 mod, huh? Those other people who can't afford or refuse to pay that much? Well screw them, they don't deserve to be a proper 1-shot sniper.

You aren't saying it, but it sure is implied.

I love your game DE, but you sure do love to hate me and my favorite play-style. It's incredibly frustrating to know that if I use the Vectis, it is a gimped gun because I don't have Primed Chamber or 5k+ plat to burn.

As a totally unrelated side note, please fix all the crashes? I just had my 7th crash near the end of a mobile defense/survival mission in the past 4 days, losing all my progress, and it hurts... a lot.

Edited by Lagoon7

As a primed chamber owner by winning the event, i can tell you none of us use Vectis and that mod, because snipers are suck now, and if we use that weapon and mod we can never get to top 100 anymore.

my clan have 5-6 player buy a primed chamber from others, they also not use it.

O~ you can buy it from others, price is fine now, just around 3k~10K plat.

First off, I have the same feeling. This does not mean "I feel the same". I just mean that I want such a gun too, as long as such a setup was "balanced out" by ... I don't know, but it should not auto fire with no recoil etc etc.

Problem: This game is not a game that makes "snipers" useful. In Global Agenda I tried to be as "snipery" as was humanly possible. For example, like getting up on the drop ship, and sniping everything from there until my team actually entered the first buildings, or went around bends on maps. I used to sit as far away from damage and mobs to take away pressure from medics and used to ask for Energy blocks on high places to stay topped up and allow me to apply as much DPS as possible to everything on the field to make them easier to kill.

I can't do that here. Even If I did have a one-shot one-kill, everyone is always in the way. Fights move forwards very fast to new locations, and damage is applied fast enough from all other guns to make one-shots meaningless, when one-bursts do exactly the same thing. It used to take me 4-5 accurate shots even with snipers to kills things on GA, this game is scaled totally different.

What you are asking is not possible with current mechanics. The closest we might get to this idea is more opens maps that offer this options, and we would almost need a new frame with abilities that make snipers fully viable.

Edited by DSpite

As a primed chamber owner by winning the event, i can tell you none of us use Vectis and that mod, because snipers are suck now, and if we use that weapon and mod we can never get to top 100 anymore.

I know snipers aren't that great. But 1-shot snipers are my favorite type of gun (and im sure that im not alone in this), and Vectis is the only 1-shot sniper in the game. I'm not trying to be top-100.

You really don't need Primed Chamber.  I've seen people do crits in the millions without using primed chamber, now will having primed chamber increase the damage quite a lot?  Yes, yes it will, but remember this.

"If it doesn't die after multiple millions of damage, you need to swallow your pride, and get help."

Yeah, but the whole point of doing a 1-shot sniper build, what makes it so attractive is doing as much damage as is possible in a single shot, having the most powerful single shot in the game.

Is it viable if you want to be "1337 ub3r pr0" at the game? Nope. But its fun.

First off, I have the same feeling. This does not mean "I feel the same". I just mean that I want such a gun too, as long as such a setup was "balanced out" by ... I don't know, but it should not auto fire with no recoil etc etc.

Problem: This game is not a game that makes "snipers" useful. In Global Agenda I tried to be as "snipery" as was humanly possible. For example, like getting up on the drop ship, and sniping everything from there until my team actually entered the first buildings, or went around bends on maps. I used to sit as far away from damage and mobs to take away pressure from medics and used to ask for Energy blocks on high places to stay topped up and allow me to apply as much DPS as possible to everything on the field to make them easier to kill.

I can't do that here. Even If I did have a one-shot one-kill, everyone is always in the way. Fights move forwards very fast to new locations, and damage is applied fast enough from all other guns to make one-shots meaningless, when one-bursts do exactly the same thing. It used to take me 4-5 accurate shots even with snipers to kills things on GA, this game is scaled totally different.

What you are asking is not possible with current mechanics. The closest we might get to this idea is more opens maps that offer this options, and we would almost need a new frame with abilities that make snipers fully viable.

I can use a side-arm for the fodder. I know warframe isn't really designed with snipers in mind, but that hardly makes it less appealing to me, i don't mind grinding or increased challenge when i have a clear goal/objective. But the goal of having the strongest 1-shot sniper is currently impossible to me without paying out my @$$, and its not like I can just use the Vectis and ignore Primed Chamber, +100% damage is not a small amount.

Edited by Lagoon7

If pride is the only thing that is stopping people from achieving something. Then it's probably way better if they never achieve it all.

I wish pride was the only thing stopping me from achieving the strongest 1-shot sniper in the game (the thing i want to achieve).

Unfortunately it isn't.

Edited by Lagoon7

Yeah, but the whole point of doing a 1-shot sniper build, what makes it so attractive is doing as much damage as is possible in a single shot, having the most powerful single 

I understand your want to do this, and I commend it.

My post was simply there to say you don't need that amount of damage, because both of the numbers will be in the high millions.

Do I wish to wield this sort of power?  Yes, but I simply can't.

There is no use crying over such a minute issue.

Those that got Primed Chamber worked hard for the mod. Being in the top anything warrants some sort of reward.

Also, just saying as a person with a four forma'd Vectis - if you can't one hit most mobs, you're either not aiming correctly or just haven't modded the gun to optimum.

Edited by Kashiki

Warframe Mods I still require

Frame mods-

- Shock Absorbers

- Sure Footed

- Handspring

- Shield Flux

Rifle Mods-

- Contagious Spread

- Seeking Force

- Bane of Grineer/Infested

- Cleanse Corpus/Grineer

Secondary Mods-

Melee Mods-

- True Punishment

- Warrior's Grip

- Fever Strike

- Jagged Edge

- Enduring Strike

Stance Mods-

- Crushing Ruin

- Crimson Dervish

Aura Mods-

- Loot Detector

- Dead Eye

These, excluding the newest mods, are all I need, so yeah. Primed Chamber is worth that much? Ew, gross.

Those that got Primed Chamber worked hard for the mod. Being in the top anything warrants some sort of reward.

Also, just saying as a person with a four forma'd Vectis - if you can't one hit most mobs, you're either not aiming correctly or just haven't modded the gun to optimum.

I dubbed mine Kneecapper, because the ragdolls don't work when you shoot an enemy's knees and they kathunk hilariously to the ground. Edited by WingedCrusade

I wish pride was the only thing stopping me from achieving the strongest 1-shot sniper in the game (the thing i want to achieve).

Unfortunately it isn't.

I was talking about Vectis, you won't use a gun that is perfectly usable because you can't deal the highest damage with it? If you have primed chamber the only thing you do with it is probably bragging endlessly.

I have a potatoed and forma'ed vectis. It's perfectly viable without primed chamber. As long as you land headshots with a maxed vectis, you're going to kill in 1 hit whether you have primed chamber or not. You're probably not using it right. 

P.S. Technically you could argue that solo players are always playing with gimped weapons because there aren't 4 people running around with dead eye/corrosive projection/rifle amp/steel charge. Or that in any party other than a premade party, you're likely to get someone with energy siphon or something else, gimping your weapon. With 4 coordinated members, it's +80% damage. This is greater than the 60% you lose replacing a primed chamber with a charged chamber. 

...and I stopped considering what has been said by OP right there.

Maybe if you payed more attention you would realize that I wasn't calling Warframe a P2W game.

I intentionally bolded two words earlier in that sentence to try and prevent stupid posts with knee-jerk responses to the word "P2W" like yours.

I can spell it out for you if you still don't understand.

Edited by Lagoon7

how can you be mad that a mod givin as a reward for an event you werent around for isnt in drop tables, thats just stupid, i hate the mentality of everyones a winner or no one is, you werent ther neither was i get over it, there are other mods out there that are in drop tables, they won the mod and they can sell it for 1billion plat if they want! cause guess what? they won it! and as for your solutions?! dont even get me started..

taking a mod out of the game cause you dont have it? and even stating that taking it out is "the best solution balance wise"? ugh! i cant even begin to state how this angers me!

there are numerous threads about stupid stuff like this, "i wasnt around durring this time so i didnt get this" well i wasnt around for the cicero crysis and i want the shotgun mod, but guess what? thats my fault! and if i happend to not know/play the game around that time what can i really do? "DE i didnt know about this game durring this event so i should get theese things free cause your bad at advertising and i didnt start playing till after it was over" how stupid does that sound? or the classic "DE i took a break from this game durring that event i want all the stuff i didnt get when i decided not to play any more" and the best for last "everyone else has this mod that makes or breaks this wepon 'IMO' and for my own reason i wasnt around to get it, take it out of the game or give me one!"

i mean seriously.. this is so childish and infureates me to no end! stop your dumb whining cause someone has something that you dont!

what if you worked your @$$ off in an event with a VERY limited number of winners and you happend to make the cut and then some a$$hole posts a rage thread about how he didnt win and they take it away!? how would that make you feel?? cause i dont even have one and im pi@#ed!

. . .

if you cant figure out how to make a wepon work with what you have, then you need to find a new wepon, cause i can use any wepon and be happy with the results when i mod it with what i have available.

Edited by Kurrumitsumi

I was talking about Vectis, you won't use a gun that is perfectly usable because you can't deal the highest damage with it? If you have primed chamber the only thing you do with it is probably bragging endlessly.

I have Primed Chamber... Is it really used for bragging rights? I got it for 100 plat and have it just because I'm collecting mods. XD