Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Weapons

Cryyos

Recently I have noticed a lot of people complaining about how they weren't playing warframe at the time of an event and they want a chance for the special weapon. I feel like those event weapons should stay in the past because for example if you see a guy with a snipetron vandal you would know that they have been playing and supporting warframe for a long time, but if the snipetron vandal was re-released everyone would have it and then the people who have been playing since the beginning wouldn't be recognized as well unless people went onto their profile and looked at their event scores. Thoughts?

EDIT: My point is that they should stay in the past, not come back. 

Edited by cocoapebbles10

How many times must this topic be brought up?

Yes everything should be kept exclusive. I admit, I sold my Braton Vandal, by far my biggest regret. I still have my Lato Vandal, however.

People forget that the entire reason these things exist is Recognition. Example, Excalibur Prime. An ungodly amount of threads have been made about people wanting him to come back. He won't. People who have him paid for the game's early development, and their getting recognized for it.

The Strun Wraith? I missed on it. I feel jealous of people who have it, Because I'm meant to.

Edited by dr490nbr347h

How many times must this topic be brought up?

Yes everything should be kept exclusive. I admit, I sold my Braton Vandal, by far my biggest regret. I still have my Lato Vandal, however.

People forget that the entire reason these things exist is Recognition. Example, Excalibur Prime. An ungodly amount of threads have been made about people wanting him to come back. He won't. People who have him paid for the game's early development, and their getting recognized for it.

The Strun Wraith? I missed on it. I feel jealous of people who have it, Because I'm meant to.

Event weapons and paid exclusives don't fall under the same banner. Your event recognition is the emblem you receive. The weapons are bonuses.

What's the point of event weapons if they will be released over and over again?Just a skin over a normal weapon that you'll forget sooner or later anyway. Gorgon Wraith was up for a good few weeks then died out almost completely until now. New players coming everyday, if DE satisfies these new players now, there'll be a future batch of ppl complaining they were away during the event and now want them to return AGAIN.

I felt bitter since I was unable to buy the Proto skin but what done is done. ppl gotta learn to move on

Event weapons and mods will be recycled, it's easier for DE because they don't have to put out new stuff every event.  That and players will always want that one gun that one guy had during this random mission last week.  The badges are the only things truely exclusive to the events, and I'm ok with that.