Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tried Out Lord Of The Rings Online

[DE]Momaw

You can't own a horse (basically essential) without spending turbine points. You can only access a fraction of the areas of the game, without spending turbine points. You can't even use all the features of your class which you have earned by leveling, without spending turbine points.

You do get a few of these points here and there for in game achievements, but it seems like if you rely on that you will always be waaaaaay behind where you should be.  You would have to become a chinese gold farmer just to experience all the content and features available.

So, it's F2P, but you are sternly reminded at every turn that you are a second class citizen if you don't spend money.

Also the quests are boring and repetitive, the crafting seems pointless, and the UI is an absolute nightmare. Which is kind of a shame because they've obviously put a fair amount of money into the (now dated) graphics and nice music.

In a nut shell it seems like a very old MMOG that has sedimented out of years of questionable design choices, the goal of which is not to attract or endear itself to new players but to remain firmly addictive to the people who have been there from the start.

TL;DR = avoid

I tried LoTR online a while ago but I quit after ~1 hour because the combat seemed to be very sluggish and slow-paced.

I always hate that MMOs - it's all about pressing 1,2,3 and then occasionally 4 to heal yourself or whatever.

You can't own a horse (basically essential) without spending turbine points. You can only access a fraction of the areas of the game, without spending turbine points. You can't even use all the features of your class which you have earned by leveling, without spending turbine points.

You do get a few of these points here and there for in game achievements, but it seems like if you rely on that you will always be waaaaaay behind where you should be.  You would have to become a chinese gold farmer just to experience all the content and features available.

So, it's F2P, but you are sternly reminded at every turn that you are a second class citizen if you don't spend money.

Also the quests are boring and repetitive, the crafting seems pointless, and the UI is an absolute nightmare. Which is kind of a shame because they've obviously put a fair amount of money into the (now dated) graphics and nice music.

In a nut shell it seems like a very old MMOG that has sedimented out of years of questionable design choices, the goal of which is not to attract or endear itself to new players but to remain firmly addictive to the people who have been there from the start.

TL;DR = avoid

Played it myself, all the way to level 82 (East Rohan Quest Pack). Until this happens.

When Helm's Deep quest pack came out. I've lost all hope for this game. West Rohan requires an quest pack, really? Rohan is all the same so you DON'T need all separate the two zones, make it into one.

Also, some horses don't need turbine points. I was stuck with my starter horse until i was Level 72 (Quest pack gift horse), along with Isenguard and Rohan.

Dungeon finder is broken, 9.6/10 it doesn't find a group, 1.4/10 it does find one group.

Can't even raid, had to find the best kin in the sever to do that or group attempting to do one.

Creeps are fatally under powered for PVP. I got diced by a lvl 65 once, and i was lvl 75!. Even the Horde from World of Warcraft had gear.

Overall. The Game's value is wasted, gone.... Even had to play WoW..