Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Newton's First Law Not Observed In Ceres

ItPutsTheLotion

So in the Ceres defence map, Seimini, the cyropod moves between two fixed spots at random times.

In the transient phase, while it is moving, when I was on it and when I tried jumping, my Warframe would just move vertically instead of both horizontally and vertically.

Newton's First Law is 

An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

Since there is nothing stopping my warframe from moving horizontally - except negligible air resistance that should perhaps decelerate my horizontal movement gradually instead of it coming to an instant halt.

Nothing game breaking. Just thought I'd point it out

It's easier to code. No check are made as to your current speed and actions are applied relative to you "not moving".

... so this bothers you, but Zorencoptering does not?

... or the fact that Penta nades I aim at your head cause no Damage?

... the fact that me doing ground slams sends enemies flying but not players?

... the fact I can do a Slash Dash while in mid air after jumping off a platform?

... wallrunning. That's it really. Just wallrunning.

And for the record, also happens in Borderlands.

... the fact I can do a Slash Dash while in mid air after jumping off a platform?

... wallrunning. That's it really. Just wallrunning.

You can propel yourself in the horizontal vector plane (say with boosters strapped to your back) while falling downwards in the vertical vector plane, for one (but in real life, the person will still continue to fall as opposed to staying in the air at this exact height in Warframe). These two vectors are independent of each other. 

Wallrunning can be done for very short distances. It just needs a lot of horizontal speed and a way to make vertical velocity = 0 for a very short while (which should be able to be done with people who do lots of parkour).