Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So The Quanta.

Feallike

Question

From the math view, this weapon only does 80 damage less DPS then the Amprex does DPS wise.

Does anyone know how much damage its alt fire does?

This weapon so far seems Endgameable, though i would like to know how much damage its alt does. (10 rounds would mean 2200 damage, but that seems ridiculous, since it would make almost all other explosive weapons useless in terms of damage)

12 answers to this question

I've seen the alt fire clear a rather large area of level 40's with just 1 cube, no idea on mods he had but it seems to be very much worth it to get this weapon..... just wish it would spin like Mutalist Quanta does.

O GOD IT DOES 2200 DAMAGE DOESN"T IT! O.o

X.x this weapon is going to replace the penta soooo easily. (don't own a penta because, its way to mainstream, but i will get this since it seems very cool and powerful. ^.^)

The normal fire is nothing special.

The Quanta has excellent ammo efficiency but rather mediocre status/crit chance, while the Amprex is capable of incredible critical hits.  I'd say the Quanta is closer to the Dera than the Amprex.

However the alt fire does indeed look promising, I'm waiting to see damage tests from other players to see how strong that explosion is.

The normal fire is nothing special.

The Quanta has excellent ammo efficiency but rather mediocre status/crit chance, while the Amprex is capable of incredible critical hits.  I'd say the Quanta is closer to the Dera than the Amprex.

However the alt fire does indeed look promising, I'm waiting to see damage tests from other players to see how strong that explosion is.

DPS wise, its only 80 damage away from Amprex with 1 crit mod, while the Quanta being unmodded

Amprex with a crit mod is 300 DPS

Quanta unmodded is 220

While its alt fire uses 10 ammo that would most likely mean, 2200 damage. WHICH I SO MUCH DAMAGE! :o

Seriously if its even 1000 damage it already outshines the Ogris..... This could litterally be the next Penta. XD

DPS wise, its only 80 damage away from Amprex with 1 crit mod, while the Quanta being unmodded

Amprex with a crit mod is 300 DPS

Quanta unmodded is 220

While its alt fire uses 10 ammo that would most likely mean, 2200 damage. WHICH I SO MUCH DAMAGE! :o

Seriously if its even 1000 damage it already outshines the Ogris..... This could litterally be the next Penta. XD

Yes, the alt fire is promising.

But you can't look at base DPS if you're trying to compare it to the Amprex.

I could say the Soma has mediocre base DPS too, and I'd be right.

When you start slapping on crit mods the Amprex starts to hit a lot harder.

Also should bear in mind Boltor Prime does 540 DPS with 5% less crit chance (I know it's not electrical, but you get my point).

MIght I also mention that the Braton Prime does 220 DPS with the exact same crit and status chance.  We all know how that turned out.  Despite the Quanta not being IPS the only weapon that can get away with low damage with status as an excuse is the Tysis.

Edited by GravesTheOutlaw

-snip-

-snip-

Not necessarily. I certainly wouldn't assume that the damage is simply 10x the damage of a single round, because it could be much more static and be more useful in endgame for its Blast proc over its damage. Though I admit that we don't know yet, I'm doubtful about that.

I'd say it might be more fair to compare this weapon to the Synapse than the Amprex-- the Amprex's strengths lie in its ridiculous group proc chance and increased overall dps when used against crowds, so imo the Amprex is probably going to be better than the Quanta regardless of how close their dps's are. I wrote a more in-depth analysis comparing the two earlier and the tl;dr is that we frankly don't know yet, but it looks like the Synapse does superior damage in the end.

From the math view, this weapon only does 80 damage less DPS then the Amprex does DPS wise.

You can't compare a crit weapon to a non-crit weapon unless you look at the completed builds. The closest comparison you can make is to a non-crit weapon. 

Also should bear in mind Boltor Prime does 540 DPS with 5% less crit chance (I know it's not electrical, but you get my point).

MIght I also mention that the Braton Prime does 220 DPS with the exact same crit and status chance.  We all know how that turned out. 

QFT.

Primary fire for this weapon is going to be disappointing compared to other endgame weapons. We have yet to get conclusive damage #'s for the altfire.

Guest Tehnoobshow

The Primary fire for the Quanta is about the same as the Dera, actually, since you're not going to be able to build for crit on it. (10% crit every shot = 10% crit every second = 1 crit every 10 seconds lol). But, the Quanta is hitscan, the Dera is not, so it's basically better than the Dera.